“Doubt its a 4 star hotel.” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added New Pacific Hotel to your Saves list
New Pacific Hotel
New Pacific Hotel
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   09-11 Ky Dong Street | District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #241 of 617 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Doubt its a 4 star hotel.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

My mom and I stayed in this hotel in October 2011 because the hotel we originally wanted was fully booked, according to the travel agent.

I am okay with the clean and comfortable hotel room. I loved the fact that there's wi-fi which I could access from my iPod, and that there's a nice Yoghurt place across the road - which we go to every night for our dessert fix! The service was good, staff are friendly and attentive to our every request and went all out to help us.

I really doubt though that this hotel is 4 star; more like a 3. Our room's bathroom wasn't elderly friendly. My mom had difficulty climbing into the bathtub because there were no handles, or a non-slip mat and I had to keep an eye on her to ensure she doesn't fall. There was no safe for us to keep our valuables, which was something I expected from a 4 star hotel.

Our room package came with a free breakfast buffet - which was horrible. (Not Earle Swensen's Terminal 3 horrible - read my review to find out more :), but pretty bad all the same!) Most of the food are placed on trays in the open. Not only was it cold, but you could see fruit flies on some of the fruit. There are some hot food available, but its certainly not fresh.

Not sure how accomodation is like in Ho Chi Minh city, but we certainly will not come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed at this hotel after staying a few nights in a hostel on a Mekong Delta tour. It is comfortable and clean,with a nice bed and big bathroom-but the absolute worst part of staying at this hotel was the noise. We would be woken after midnight with what sounded like people yelling right outside our room (really they were down the hall and talking normally)...and then woken before 7am with the noise of Saigon's peak hour traffic-it sounded just like the motorbikes were beeping in your room!! I need to get home to get over my sleepless holiday.
We also had some questionable behaviour from the "massage" place on the 11th floor....groups of asian men being dropped off at the hotel after midnight and heading straight to the 11th floor???mmmm gross.!!!

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

My family and I came to New Pacific to find out that we were the only guest in the hotel for the entire week. The hotel was virtually empty, where would they turn off lights in the halls at night to conserve electricity. At any one time, there would be more staff than guests, and this was during the peak season of summer in July. The breakfast buffet was old food that was put out day after day, not being very fresh. We were able to find fruit flies walking abroad the fresh fruit and jam, but the staff did little when we informed them with the problem. Room service was horrible since we got old-microwaved-heat food for a premium price compared to the plentiful restaurants in the area. The hotel is located in an area with nothing to do unless you get a taxi to go to District One. You can start hearing loud traffic around 5 in the morning till 12 at night which is a pain if you are trying to catch some z's after a long trip. Carpet was dirty since it looked like it has never been vacuumed. The bathroom was somewhat clean and acceptable. I would not recommend this hotel for anybody since it was below par for a 4 star hotel. It would be a 3 star hotel at most.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

This is a big hotel with nice rooms and good service. It is a few minutes by taxi/motorbike from the center, so if you want to walk to attractions, it's not good. But service was excellent, I talked to the manager about some special needs and they always helped without any problem. The pool on the roof provides an incredible view, although the pool itself is small -- no lap swimming. The key-activated elevators can be a drag.
Rooms are nice, well equipped with safe, a high-speed internet cable, nice furniture, but bathroom. You do get some of the usual street noise, but that 's hard to avoid in HCMC. Of all the great service, the breakfast is thme least successful: quite some choice and a chef to prepare your omlette right there for you to order, but some of the buffet is generally cold. But for the price it's a great choice and I will bring my group here annually.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Queanbeyan, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

we checked in quite late, and they didnt seem to even have our booking, and requested my copy of the booking. The staff spoke little English. The breakfast was pretty ordinary and looked not that fresh. The noise from the construction site close to the hotel kept us awake for some time. The room was clean and tidy. I think this hotel is more suited to local travellers. I wouldnt stay here again.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

$125 for one night after paying only $160 at Intercontinental last week (full). I will not stay at this hotel again. It features huge wooden architecture and seating. Not at all cosy. Waited 20 minutes for some bread to make toast. Location is in a busy area of Saigon and the noise penetrates to the rooms. Roof is a nice place to have breakfast, but I only wanted toast which was on hold for the waiter popping down the shops.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

They could not find our reservation on arrival. After manually looking through 3 stacks of papers we were located. Taken to a room that was not ready and not as we had reserved. Taken to another room but after asking for the pillows to be replaced with clean ones, we discovered we had no sheets. The room was initially hot and the hotel constantly turned the hall lights out which made our end of the hall extremely dark. We discovered there was no safe and had to request one. At that point it was our 3rd. request for something. Then had to phone to get internet access which was to be included (I believe it had been turned off on our floor). We had been en route for a long time and were tired, hungry and grubby. Went to the restaurant (11th flr.) mid-afternoon for lunch but no staff and some group was rehearsing a performance (very loud). Were taken to a cafe on main floor and given a menu for only chinese food with very little or no English translation in it. Asked for a map of the area and city and were given a photo of Lonely Planet sketch. No Engl. news channel of any kind. The included breakfast consisted of toast and bad coffee. This hotel does not wish non-oriental guests. Hotel doors started slamming at 6 a.m. often by staff. People shouting back and forth from room to room. The swimming pool is extremely small and the area is not fully constructed. Shower curtain in our bathroom fell to floor whenever it was touched. This is not a 4 star hotel and is not for western travellers.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to New Pacific Hotel? Share your experiences!