“An outstanding experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trois Gourmands

Trois Gourmands
39 Tran Ngoc Dien Street | Thao Dien Ward - District 2, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
+84837444585
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 1,744 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dubai
“An outstanding experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My friend and I were in two minds - whether we should go for a traditional Vietnamese or a French dinner in HCMC. Eventually the fact that it has a very large wine cellar tilted the scale in favour of TG. It is not located in the hotspot of tourism- District 1, but I guess that adds to the charm. The restaurant is located completely unpretentiously in a small lane and occupies a large villa. We were welcomed very warmly by Joel, the manager of the place- initially who I thought was the owner Gils- in French accents Joel and Gils sounded the same to my untrained ear. The wine cellar is impressive, very impressive. What wouldn't I give to have something like that - and I was told another 8,000 (yes!) are expected within the next few weeks.
The food was excellent. The place has a concept of 3 set meals the only difference being in the number of starters (1, 2 or 3). The meal started with scrambled egg with truffle sauce. The small size of it did make us a little wary (more about that later). It tasted amazing. This was followed by our starters (2 each). We had the smoked salmon (smoked in-house), cabbage duck in goose liver sauce, scallops with potatoes and truffle oil and lamb lasagne. By the end of the starters the small helping of the scrambled eggs was a distant memory. All the 4 starters were great but the cabbage duck and scallops stood out. To change the taste we were given some lemon sorbet. The next course was the main course. I had port with foie gras and my friend - lamb shoulders. Both were excellent. This was followed by some cheese and the finale was dessert- dessert de Gils and another one (can't remember the name). Our wine as a Chateau Matras, St. Emillion- a great recommendation from Gils (the owner) who kindly gave us a short tour of the cellar.
My friend and I had a great time in the restaurant. He and I were there almost till midnight talking to Joel about France, wine and Montpellier- where Joel hails from and coincidentally one of the 2 cities in France where I have been - even Joel was surprised that I had been there.

Would love to go back in my next trip to HCMC. And will recommend it any day.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
PhuongBrault, Owner at Trois Gourmands, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Hello there,
Happy to hear that you had an enjoyable time in our restaurant, and we appreciate your kind comments.
We promise that we will always serve you with all the best.
See you next time.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
“A wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I were looking for something different after 10 days of delicious Vietnamese food in the bustle of the cities and before we head back to our normal daily lives (we are on holiday from Australia without our three lovely but full-on children). Trois Gourmands was perfect for us. We hadn't booked but they were able to accommodate us outside and this was very pleasant - a nice change from air-conditioned rooms. Attentive but not intrusive service and hospitality, an incredible menu and beautiful food. Everything was excellent but I think worth noting are that the cheeses are made there, the bread is freshly baked and not white (hooray), the truffled scrambled eggs are decadent and divine and my vanilla creme brulee was too good to share. To eat where there is a passion for preparing and sharing good food is a pleasure. Thank you!

Hi,
We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful dining experience at our restaurant, and we are trying the best to serve you with the best service we can,
Thanks so much for your visit,
See you again at Trois Gourmands.
Edmonton, Canada
“Great dining in HCM City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our dining experience at Trois Gourmands was simply outstanding. The setting was nice,the staff was charming, the service was excellent and the food was wonderful. The owner, Gil's, attended our table and made helpful suggestions for starters and main courses. For starters we tried the escargot, smoked salmon, and crayfish ravioli, each of which were divine. My wife had " simply the best filet ever" for her main dish. I had a very tender breast of duck a l'orange. The accompanying sauces were richly flavored and accented but did not overpower the meat. What followed was an amazing array of home made cheeses; 8 varieties in all. There was enough cheese for 10! Our favorite was the delicately flavored truffle cheese. Next came a round of Armagnac on the house followed by the dessert menu, a huge of array of French delights.
The portions are just right, the flavors are exquisite and the price is right too. An amazing 5 course meal for $35USD.

Hi,
We are happy that you enjoyed your dinning time at our restaurant,
We hope to see you again at Trois Gourmands,
Gils.
Hong Kong, China
“Amazing French meal in HCM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Decided to have a girls weekend with my sister and cousin in Ho Chi Minh. After a very fruitful day of shopping and eating, we met up with my friend who is working in HCM for dinner. She recommended 3G (Trois Gourmands) as a restaurant with great food and warm and humorous chef! What more can one ask for. We were certainly not disappointed. The menu comes in 5/6/7 courses. You can choose from 27 starters! And a host of main course from fish to meat dishes. The French cheese are homemade and come in many variety. And the dessert menu is absolutely to die for! I had the fish soup (so yummy) as a starter and then follow with sea bass in red wine sauce. The red wine sauce absolutely hit the spot since we had white wine for dinner. I had the sorbet for dessert as I was really full already. The passion fruit sorbet was super tasty! This is definitely one of the best meals I have had in a long time!

Hi,
We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable time at our restaurant,
Thank you for your coming, and your comment here,
Hope you will visit your restaurant the next time,
Thanks again.
Australia
“A memorable meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We came to Trios Gourmands for lunch a few days ago and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The restaurant has an elegant and relaxing decor and is set in a traditional colonial house.
There were many delicious things to choose from their extensive menu. The hardest thing was to actually make a choice on what to order. Our courses were bought out in a timely manner and were cooked to perfection. The variety of cheeses offered was amazing - such a pity though because we could barley fit any more in to our extended tummies! A memorable lunch

Visited October 2013
We are happy to hear that we had an enjoyable meal at 3Gourmands,
Thank you for your coming, and precious review.
We hope to see you again the next time at Trois Gourmands restaurant,
Thanks again,