“Golden Central Hotel Ho Chi Minh City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Central Hotel

Save Saved
You added Golden Central Hotel to your Saves list
Golden Central Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Ly Tu Trong Street | Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #125 of 354 hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Golden Central Hotel Ho Chi Minh City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The hotel is as they say central for most things .Close to the day and night market .
The reception area is quite small but the staff are very helpful.
The rooms were smallish but clean and comfortable
Breakfast on the top floor was good but the views from the restaurant as the sun came up were wonderful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I have always wanted to visit Vietnam and just didin't know what to expect. I had the task of finding a hotel and what a gem I found. The Golden Central Hotel is located near the Ben Tranh market so the locaton was excellent to our needs. Our room was on the 11th floor positioned on a corner with a beautiful view of the city. The room and it's accomodations where great. The hotel staff were helpful and gracious. The breakfast buffet was excellent. For the cost of our room is was well worth it! We will be back!

Room Tip: Corner rooms on higher floors offer a beautiful city view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Our first night and introduction to Vietnam was at Golden Central Hotel and we were amazed at the helpfulness and care we were given. Our room was beautiful, clean and very comfortable. The position of the hotel was a stone's throw from the day and night market a hive of activity all the time. The breakfast had a wide spread of choices with a wonderful roof top view of the city. We had such a pleasant stay we returned two days later for another night after a short stay down on the Mekong Delta River. The next day we had an early flight and needed to leave by 4.30am - staff were available for us to check out and they had organized a breakfast box for us without us requesting it - lovely thoughtful gesture.
Although we organized a hotel transfer as it was our first time in Vietnam and not sure what to expect, it was expensive and really not necessary. Taxi are very cheap and as long as you have an address you will be fine.

Room Tip: Both rooms we stayed in were lovely.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Townsville, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

After my initial visit with 4 friends in 2011, I returned with a group of 21. As with my previous visit, the Golden Central lives up to it name in being centrally located hotel. It has well appointed and very clean rooms.

My issues came with restaurant and wait staff. 2 days prior, I personally spoke with the restaurant manager and made reservation for 23 people. I asked if I have given them enough notice and could they handle or group filling half of the venue. He answered yes on both counts.

To say it was a disaster would be an understatement. People waiting an hour for drinks, not enough menus, waiting 90 minutes for any food to come to the table, mains coming before entree's, diners clearing the table while awaiting their next course, 3 of us didn't receive any food at all. It was also a catastrophe when trying to pay our separate bill as the meals didn't match the tables and they even tried to charge for meals that simply did not arrive.

I did have a meeting the following day with the restaurant manager and the VP of Hotel Operations to discuss the unmitigated disaster of the previous evening and it was agreed they a training program would be put in place for all for all restaurant team members on the property.

I will stay at the property again, as it is a great place to stay, but probably will not avail myself of the restaurant facilities, other than the complementarity breakfasts.

Room Tip: Other than the rooms around the elevators, I don't think you find a bad room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We (6 pax) were a little apprehensive after booking the hotel so we called them a couple of days before arrival. Hotel staff was very reassuring and we got a bonus when they upgraded us to suites on a higher floor. The rooms were first-class and as they were on a higher floor, there was no noise and plenty of light. Service was great and the small routine maintenance problems we encountered were attended to immediately. Front office staff was courteous and helped us with tour booking, telephone SIM cards etc. Breakfast was a solid start to every day. We had no time to use the health club. Location of the hotel is fabulous...it helps walking around at night to the Ben Tham market and downtown area. Overall experience of the Hotel and Ho Chi Minh city was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed for three nights. The hotel is clean and well maintained with a good standard of service and attention from staff. Room was excellent with a superb bathroom.

A great pool on the roof, which also has good views over the city (check it out at night).

Breakfast is served on the floor below and was of very good quality (with the indiosyncrecies of local cuisineas well as Western fayre)

The location cannot be bettered. A short walk to the evening street markets and restaurants (an excellent seabass in one). Vietnam streets are ALIVE with activity and people working so hard. We ate a few times at the Baby Spoon nearby- OK food and very good staff

Room Tip: Try an upper floor for views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in August for 5 nights It was a Amazing!!! The staff were extremely helpfull and so kind. I got came off a 15 hour flight and arrived quiet early to the hotel well before the checkin time and was given my room after 30 mins of arriving, as receptionist had sent the cleaners to my room to clean it so I could make use of it. I was in my room for 10am and the checkin was due to be 2pm. During those 30 minutes I was sent up to have breakfast in the restaurant and then seated in the lounge area and was given fruit juice and water while I waited.
The room was spotless and the views over the city were spectactular. They have air con in the rooms which is needed, a large wardrobe with a robe and sleepers, kettle and tea and coffee making facilites.
As for the location it was so close to everthing, especially the Ben Thanh market which is another must see.
The hotel has a beautiful outdoor pool area and a fantastic rooftop restaurant. The food and alcohol wasn't badly priced either which was a bonus.
The breakfast was complimentary and the spread was fantastic it really covered every countries breakfast needs was I was quited suprised with as there was a huge varety of food available.
I need go for a nosey around the hotel I went to the spa area which was very nice and the treatments wern't badly priced either. All areas I came into contact with where extremly clean and very well looked after.
There was only one draw back for me this was I had a room near the main lifts which was slightly noiser than some other rooms but this is to be expected try and get a room away from the lifts especially if your a light sleeper.
All in all a fantastic stay and cant wait to go back I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Golden Central Hotel? Share your experiences!