“Dishonor my booking and downgraded my room” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sen Viet Hotel

You added Sen Viet Hotel to your Saves list
Sen Viet Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Cao Thang Street, | Ward 2, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #70 of 371 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Dishonor my booking and downgraded my room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I loved to try local hotels when I'm traveling in order to support the local chains while also still booking the ordinary hotel chains to pertain my membership levels. I booked the Executive Room (triple) Sen Viet Hotel using hotelclub because it has jacuzzi and the room is spacious, 35 sq meters. When I arrived and check-into the room, I was surprised that the room is very small. I noticed it because I have been aware with the usual 30-32 sq meters in four or five stars hotel and I think it would be no more than 25-28 sq meters. When I checked the bathroom, I was surprised that there's no jacuzzi inside the bathroom as promised. I asked to the reception and she told me that the executive room is full because they only have two rooms on the executive and they downgraded us to Premium Deluxe WITHOUT INFORMING US when we check-in. The reception said that they would inform the hotelclub about the modification of the booking. The floor in the room is slippery and not good as the website.

Another disappointment that I experienced is I've already e-mailed the hotel manager about the open bus ticket to Phan Thiet and the manager replied in e-mail that would costs 8-10 USD. I got 7.21 USD from online booking but I prefer to use hotel's service in favor of my goodwill to support the hotel that I stayed. Unfortunately, when I asked to the reception, she said that the open bus ticket is 14 USD/person. I showed to her the e-mail from her manager that mentioned 8-10 USD and she said you cannot. Finally, I ended up looking around to the whole HCMC city in the midnight for open bus ticket to Phan Thiet the next morning !!! After two hours I got 110,000 VND/person to Phan Thiet.

When I was checked out, I chose another girl to the reception since I didn't want to remind myself for the whole unpleasant things on the previous night. But the another reception staff told me that I used the extra bed so I would be charged of it. WHAT??? Well, after they dishonored my booking and now they are trying to charge me for what I've already paid for. I told to her that my booking is for three person and actually my original booking is Executive and Premium Deluxe. She said that she's sorry and would like to negotiate to the hotelclub and refund the differences. Well, I think that's not the case. Even if they would refund all the money that I've paid, it won't give our unpleasant night back.

The only good thing in this hotel is the staff at the restaurant. We didn't eat pork, and she inform us which items that contain pork. When my father wrongly taken the food which contain pork, she said that she would cook fish for him. In 10 minutes, she comes again with the mackerel fish for my father. What a pleasant service, extremely different with the staffs in the receptions.

My tips would be: don't book executive room since there's a possibility and don't book any tickets or tour from the hotel since the price would be unreasonable.

Room Tip: Don't book the executive nor the suite !
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

This hotel is a great value and has a great location. Not only this, but also the breakfast was good, the staff was nice, and the services were fantatic. Very nice computers in the lobby, comfortable beds. The first morning, we woke to a loud voice on an intercom but then found out it is played every morning throughout the whole city. A very special experience.

Room Tip: I would recomend getting the room at asiarooms.com
  • Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Maroochydore, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

The frontdesk staff were very helpful. My wife and I stayed for 3 days in this hotel. I lost my sunglasses, my bag of foreign coins and my wife's bangle and bracelet! This hotel i would never recommend not unless they get rid of that/those housekeeping staff with sticky fingers! We are VERY DISGUSTED coz we tipped them as well!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

We are happy with the hotel service and environment. The hotel massage also not bad. Only USD10 for 60mins body massage. Operated from 10am to 11pm. You also can exchange currency money at hotel reception. Nearby hotel got alot of shoe and fashion boutique for shopping lover. But local language only. Not much know English. There's a cinema at the end corner of hotel. Breadtalk and few cake house opposite hotel as well. Turn right and walk till the end junction, then turn right again. Walk further more then u can choose to cross the street. There's a round about at front. You follow the road and walk through left side. You will see a shopping mall "New Zone".. quite a lot of fashion boutique inside the mall...
The buffet breakfast is good with plenty of choice... Try the yogurt and cream puff.. very good for breakfast...
The hotel room is spacious with Plasma TV. There's lot of tv channel. i love the "Super Home Idol" channel... have non-stop idols programme... singing.. performance... and movie channel as well....
Overall the hotel staffs are friendly and have smile always... I will sure to come back again and recommend to my friends!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Newark, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

After reviewing the reviews, my family and I booked this hotel assuming that we would have a great experience but apparently that was not the case. Woke up each morning to loud noises and it is right next to a school so it was very loud.Staff were not friendly and courteous at all. We had reserved to stay here for 2 weeks but cut it short and went to another hotel nearby. I could have sworn that my cologne was stolen by the staff member since I was just traveling with my wife and daughters and no one else was led into our room. By the way, when you see a safe in a room..do not trust it. My daughter accidentaly locked the safe and we didn't know what the code was to open it..called front desk and tada..they came and opened up the safe with a master key....Yes a master key. Price is cheap but doesn't mean that its trustworthy. Will never come back and will never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Adelaide
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights as a group of 4. The rooms were quite good and the location great. Cabs are easily available. It is located right next to a Karaoke bar and a main road so all you can hear is beeping and 'top 40' songs blasting. The morning receptionist was very 'airy-fairy' as we decided to book an extra night and she forgot to book it. also she told us that various attractions and restaurants were open but when we got there, they were not. We ended up in a conversation with the owners son and he was very helpful with places to go and have fun. The Breakfast needs to be a little better as after the 3 morning we decided that it would be better to go across the road and get great pastries for very cheap.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

Pros
-Modern rooms, well equipped
-Free wifi
-Central location
-Reasonable prices

Cons
-Bathroom was not very clean, room had a strange smell (probably smoke but couldn't tell really)
-Service at the front desk was poor, during check out they didn't return the right change and when we mentioned this they were just laughing at first, pretending not to understand (this happened to me at several other occasions in Vietnam as well, but hardly at hotels)
-I tried to make a phone call from the room, which wasn't possible. The front desk couldn't solve this problem either..
-breakfast was included in the price, but not a lot of choice and overall poor quality and presentation

While this hotel has reasonable prices and ok value, we found the experience quite average overall. Considering there are many other hotels in this price range, we would probably not come back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sen Viet Hotel? Share your experiences!