I've been to this restaurant five times now. I've spent a considerable amount of time in Ho Chi Minh and this recent find has been a pleasant surprise.
- quiet section of the city
- delicious food
- beautiful location
- parking outside
-easy to get a taxi
-good for groups or special occasions
- It takes a while for your food to arrive, so if you are looking for a quick bite, this is not the place. Today it took 45 minutes before my food arrived. Unfortunately, this is not unusual, so be prepared to wait 45-60 minutes for your food, even if you just order two dishes.
- This also includes drinks taking a while. Today I ordered a ginger tea and later I asked for another, but it never arrived. Earlier this week when I went to the restaurant, it took 30 minutes for them to bring the juice that I had ordered.
TIP: bring your own water, as you might get thirsty waiting for your drink
- The restaurant doesn't always pay attention when taking your order. Their pomelo and mango salad are delicious. However, they come with shrimp and meat. Three times out of five when I ordered a salad, I specifically asked for no shrimp, but alas after waiting 45+ minutes for my food to arrive, it came with shrimp!
- Anyone that has spent time in Vietnam, knows that waiting for your check to arrive can take a while. The first time I ate here, I waited at my table for 15 minutes for the waiter to bring the check - he didn't. Then I went and found the cashier to ask for my check. However, it still took her another 15 minutes to produce the check after I had all ready requested it.
TIP: Don't wait for them to bring you your check, go and ask for it yourself.
Given the price of the meal for one person (average 250 VND - 300 VND) which is inexpensive by western standards, but expensive for Vietnam, I would expect better service. The restaurant does have an extensive menu and as long as you are not in a rush, it is worth checking out as the food truly is delicious. However, don't come here for lunch during the work week, as by the time the food and the check arrive you'll probably need to be back in the office.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.