“Nice little hotel in pretty good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nhat Ha 2 Hotel

You added Nhat Ha 2 Hotel to your Saves list
Nhat Ha 2 Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   149-151 Ly tu Trong Street | Ben Thanh Ward , Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #123 of 383 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Sydney, Australia
“Nice little hotel in pretty good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

We stayed here for just under a week and hotel staff were nice and courteous. Rooms was pretty spacious, although the bed was very very firm and pillows smelt of a musty perfume. It took us a few nights to get used to it and have a good nits rest. We stayed on the third level and could hear the traffic thru the windows at all hours.( Vietnamese drivers love to use their horn constantly!) breakfast was very simple with only one or two options from their menu as it was Tet And the hotel was short staffed, we spoke to a few members who were working long shifts continually due to lack of staff.Poor things! (Vietnamese people normally take a week of during Tet to go back to their home towns, so streets were relatively quiet and a lot of stores were closed). staff were really friendly, door was always opened for us and staff were very quick in calling us a taxi if we requested one. Hotel even invited us to a little party they organized with free drinks/beers and finger food on vietnamese new years eve. Location was good, just around the block from Ben thanh markets, and a short walk to plenty of restaurants along the same street or Le loi street. price was pretty decent, we got the family room for about 65 aud/night. Hotel has all the essentials, good air conditioning and free wifi so definitely would recommend it over well known westernized hotel chains which would cost a whole lot more!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I booked the most basic room but upon arrival the room wasn’t available so they put me in a better room for the night which was an inconvenience because I had to repack to move. I also submitted a request to be picked up from the Airport but that didn’t happen so I made my own way to the Hotel, it may not of been there fault because I submitted the request via the Agoda website and didn’t pursue it anymore, wasn’t sure what the procedure was but I had a bicycle, so that my of put them off. They had guarded parking under the building so my bike was always safe. The breakfast was basic but I’m vegetarian so that was a new experience for them. It’s about a five hundred meter walk to the Backpackers area if you want a greater selection of food. Overall I liked my stay at the Hotel and the staff were helpful so I will go back again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

This hotel is a good deal. My wife is Vietnamese so she was the one who suggested it. I was a bit skeptical at first because I stayed at more expensive 3 and 4 star hotels in VN that I wasn't too impressed with. This one only has a 2-star rating but I would easily give it a 3 star compared to other hotels. Staff is friendly and most of them I could communicate with easily in English. Breakfast is okay, but I usually just order an omelet with toast. Internet Wi-Fi works well. Bed is a bit hard if you are a side sleeper though. The bottom line, when I come back to HCM I will be staying at this one! BTW the $30 rooms are inside with no window. The $40 room gets you a window but I would recommend going to a higher floor to avoid some of the street noise.

Room Tip: The higher floors better to avoid noise
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

I have stayed at Nhat Ha 2 at least four times and this is the first time I write the review.

Positives: From outside, the hotel front is large enough compare to others. Lobby is nicely decorated for a 2 star hotel. Restaurant area also has three computers for guests to surf. Most important of all: You can go to Facebook here!
Hotel is centrally located, right next to Ben Thanh Market and other great restaurants and shops. Great room service, great staff. Room smells good, Comfy beds, nice and clean bathroom. Great wifi. Great TV. Complimentary breakfast is OK, sometimes the hotel was out of certain plates but I could manage to eat something light and walked to Ben Thanh Market for my favs!

Door man always made sure to call the taxi for me if I needed his help. Too bad I prefered roaming around Saigon by feet and repeatedly refused his help. The night guard was extremely nice in taking me around town to find a 24/24 pharmacy. I guess he would do the same for other guests too.

Easy to make reservation. Just email the hotel and I get a reply within 12 hours.

Negatives: I probably am bias but I have nothing bad to say about this place. Only thing I can think of is: The hotel is too close to the center, there will be a lot of beggars and street vendors trying to pressure you. Price ($40/night for 4 people) may be higher than other two star hotels...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

Not that bad if you don't mind the acoustic...
The breakfast is good though.
One thing you need to know is that Vietnamese does not serve you with a smile. Smile is only after you have buy something from them.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

I am hesitant to write this review as up until now it has been a traveling secret. Starting at $33 a night, it is a bargain. The staff is friendly and accommodating and breakfast of eggs and baguette is included. Some rooms are too large for singles and need a couch and table to be worth the price. The small rooms are better for small parties.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Nhat Ha 2 Hotel? Share your experiences!