“terrible experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 679 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Aurora, Colorado, United States
“terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights, first night I stayed at 20-dollar room which is so small, noisy, dirty and my husband and I coudn't sleep whole night because of mosquitoes. they were everywhere. Second day, we changed to better room which was $5 more. This room is a bit bigger, less noisier but still a lot of mosquitoes. We had about over 20 red spot on our backs overall

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Vietnamese first
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I thought I would write a review, since we almost did not stay here because of the low reviews on here. We stayed here for three nights, for $22 a night with two beds. After popping into 3 hotels that were $50++, we thought we would look at this one. The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom has a separate shower with a door (unlike most bathrooms in vietnam where it;s all over the floor, or where water leaks everywhere...!) Even though we are directly facing the busy street, this has been our quietest hotel in vietnam, even quieter than the small towns we stayed at (we're on the third floor), and the only place where i didn't need ear plugs! The staff are fine, though not entirely confident in their english, they still seem totally fine to us.
This is the end of our trip all over vietnam, it's nice to finish with a good hotel :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I stayed 21 nights at this hotel and found it ok. Staff were friendly and helpful to me, especially Trong. The most upsetting thing to me was there is only one desk top computer near to the reception counter. I did not have any problem with noise so I slept very well.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

Just a short review on hotel named My Anh Hotel Saigon,this hotel is akin to emergency accommadation and if you are unlucky enough to abode there you will get my drift.
Firstly im sure they actually know that you are unlikely to start more than one night because they refuse to give you the cheapest room available ,insisting those rooms are full even though they are advertised online as available,a ploy to extract more money off you.
The staff are totaly focused on themselves ,unfriendly,sometimes rude,facilities that are available to guests such as free internet the check in desk area ,these facilities are taken over by boyfriends and girlfriend of staff members.
The rooms really ragged looking not too clean,and noisey .
Expect to stay one night dont book more than this online as you will be disappointed,i only stayed there because my flight came in late and i was tired,as soon as i took my shower i was off out looking for a better place to stay,there are many if you take the time to look.

Hope you find this review useful.

KInd Regards

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Hotel room price on De Tham St. and Bui Vien St. and Pham Ngu Lao is much more expensive (up to 200%) than Le Lai st. and still easy distance to everywhere.
And Room number finished with 1 (201, 301, 401, 501) is superior room facing road and small park in front of building.
They are bigger than other room and also has big window.
I didn't notice that much noisy from street (maybe my room was 501, so it's higher ground from all the noise from street.
But room window can open it, but bathroom window can't not open so it's quite humid and hot, especially after luke warm shower.
Other than that reception peeson is quite helpful, except bellboy at night shift.

Would i recommended to other friends? maybe..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

The room was very clean - a bit small. The free breakfast was nice. Staff were generally not too friendly and there seemed to be way more workers than need be- sitting idly around, using the one computer for guests. ugh. Apart from that though, it was an alright place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010

I stayed in room 201, a superior room, which faces the main street. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The room is quite small and noisy, due to the traffic outside.

The first night the AC unit started spurting water and a complaint to the management had the unit fixed by noon.

The AC will stay on all of the time which is great, so you will return to a nice cool room. Most other hotel have a mechanism to shut off the all electricty in the room, when you leave the room.

Breakfast was included in the room rate. The breakfast was served only between 7 and 9 am. It consisted of only a 6 in. bun, 2 fried eggs, 4 small slices of a hot pepper and coffee or tea, One day I got 2 small bananas and the next day no fruit.

It is a good location, directly across the street from a park. On the other side of the park are many restaurants, travel agents, and hotels - the main backpacker district.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Been to My Anh Hotel? Share your experiences!