“Very Nice Room and Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   38 Bui Vien, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #57 of 702 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco, California
“Very Nice Room and Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Very good location, good breakfast, great room with all the services, hotel have travel desk with good price, the staff organize for me whole the trip in Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong delta, Hue Sports 1 hotel, Halong bay and Sapa, near the tourist centrals: the military remnants museum and reunification palace a short taxi ride away. Staff were very helpful and friendly, smiles and helped me, i forgot the bag in room when I went back they give me back.

Highly recommended this hotel

Room Tip: Double Room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

When we stayed here, the airconditioning units are not working properly thus giving us inconvenient feeling. The weather is hot and also the rooms because only ceiling fans are working.

Room Tip: Try first if the airconditioning units are working properly.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is located close to many bars and restaurants. The room and bathroom were a good size and we also had AC and a balcony at a decent $20 a night. Wifi is throughout the hotel. The staff were super friendly and helped us a lot booking tours to the Cu Chi tunnels and a taxi to the airport. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012
Yorkshire England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel 3 times during our time in Vietnam - using it as a base whilst we went off on trips. The 3 different rooms we had were clean but basic - but then so was the price. It's position was excellent surrounded by small local cafes and bars which were very reasonably priced.
Whilst we were away on trips (not booked by this hotel) they kept our luggage and arranged for our washing to be done/ironed for our return. Breakfast was okay - eggs cooked to order, etc - certainly enough to get you going.
The friendliness of the staff is certainly what makes this hotel. They were fantastic - each time we returned we were just like family. We would most certainly stay again if we returned to Saigon.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back 03 or 04 on each floor as they are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

We loved our stay here- the staff was very friendly and the room ("deluxe double") was quite large and clean. The breakfast was
average, but included so hard to criticise! Fried eggs or omelettes, as well as fried rice, noodles and toast were available. Excellent location as well. We had none of the pushy tour bookings as per previous reviewers.

• Stayed January 2012
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I booked this hotel before arriving but the prices are cheaper in the same area for a similar room. I paid $25 US dollars for a room that cost 15 in similar hotels in the same street.

I had to leave the the hotel at 4.30 to catch a 6am flight so I wanted to check out the night before. When I went to the reception, the guy was sleeping and was visibly pissed off because I woke him up. I apologized even though he should be working but he was very rude. In the morning when my taxi arrived he called to my room but didn't talk, just hang up when I picked up the phone. When I was leaving I said: "Good bye, thank you" and he didn't even look at me! So rude! Then I said: "You should be more polite and say at least good bye!" He laugh and said something in Vietnamese to the security boy. Then both of they laugh. People with no basic education and good manners like him shouldn't work at a reception desk. I will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stayed 3 nights & thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff were very helpful. I have a feeling the lift is "temporarily out of order" is a bit of a line. However the rooms were really clean & the mini bar great value for money.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Saigon Sports Hotel? Share your experiences!