“Good hotel, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Beautiful Saigon Hotel 2
40/19 Bui Vien Street | District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #12 of 679 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Good hotel, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Best part of the hotel was the great location - its off the main road, so its relatively quiet. The room size was spacious and the bathroom was very large as well. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. No elevator to the third floor wasn't a problem for us, but may have been for others.
Good hotel at a great price.

Room Tip: Family suites come with a balcony, but there aren't any real 'views'
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The ladies in the reception are just outstanding. Always smiling and extremely helpful with travel advice, ticket purchasing, etc. Great rooms for a very nice price, The waiters in the restaurant could have been more observant and paid more attention to important details, but were always positive and helpful when notified.

Room Tip: This is a very popular place with few rooms, so book well in advance to be sure to get a room at all...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

It is located at a small street between Bui Vien Main Street & Pham Ngu Lao, thus the surrounding is less noisy yet convenient. Room is spacious and clean. Room has free wifi and 1 pc, hair dryer. Quite well equiped. Just that the price is slightly higher as it's located at backpacker area. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Food is ok, hygienic. The price of the food is reasonable. The only drawback is some other guests walk up / down the staircase with heavy food steps or talk loudly in the midnight / early morning. It can be clearly heard in the room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
sunny cleethorpes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

From start to finish we enjoyed our stay at the beautiful Saigon 2, good size room, big clean bathroom, with small bath, good air con, computer in room, fridge and t.v.
Nothing was too much trouble for Thao Le and the rest of the staff.
Nice breakfast of crusty bread, jam, eggs and coffee.
Laundry done and back same day.
We would recommend this hotel for its location if you want to be in the middle of everything.
Unfortunately for the hotel there is building work going on next door, but didn't disturb us as we were out most of the day, and are early riser's

Room Tip: Rooms on front have balcony's Choose room on first floor, if you don't like going upstairs...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Sometimes things go wrong!
On arrival to this hotel, we were taken to our room and once in we're told "the room has no window, but we will put you in another room tomorrow" I asked could we upgrade, and was told there were no other rooms available. The door closed and me and my husband looked blankly at each other! Then within minutes the power went out. No window, no air con and darkness! A staff member came up with a torch! I looked at hubby under torchlight and said "no way" of course he agreed, and we started to make plans to stay elsewhere!
Initially we were told there were no other available rooms, but after we said "we want to leave" a room became available on the top floor (7th). It was a large room with a beautiful bathroom and not one but two windows, and we could have it for the same price! We were guaranteed the power would be back on at 5, so we agreed to stay. Once we accepted, there was a change in the price, and we were asked to pay $5 more per night. I was hot, bothered and tired...and didn't want to argue, so we agreed.
No power no elevator...meant walking up to the 7th floor...yes it was a challenge!
The room was noisy at night til about 4am...but I would say if you were staying in the middle of district one, you would have to expect that. We liked the central location...it was easy to walk to the market, park and other areas!
Wish I could end my review here, but I have to write about our last night!
Unfortunately for me, on our last night...I went up in the elevator to our room whilst my husband was downstairs getting ice. Guess what?
The elevator broke down and I was stuck 6 floors up! Patience got me through the ordeal and the manager came to the rescue with an emergency key to unlock the doors and get me out! I look at it now as a funny story, because it could happen anywhere! But you will understand our decision to not stay here again! It didn't end well for us!
The hotel is clean, in a good location, cheap and you get brekky included.
Just make sure when you book you ask for a room with a window on a lower floor!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

I always like to have a place to stay sorted out when I first arrive in a country off the plane. I checked reviews on here and with my Rough Guide and came up with the Beautiful Saigon chain. I reasoned that If there were 3 they must be doing something right. My guide suggested hotel number 2 as it was quieter. The reviews mentioned the well dressed staff and nice rooms. I double checked with their websites and all seemed well. I chose a deluxe family room, for $44 I think it was, for the pair of us. This had a balcony, TV, aircon, fan etc and 2 good sized beds.

We got picked up at the airport, this cost a bit more than getting into town independently, but after a flight all I want is to be where I want to be without any hassle.

The staff were really friendly, room clean and food good (breakfast is included).

You are right in the centre of the market area and close for the museums and markets and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2012
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We are a couple and that have been to ho Chi Minh on a few occasions. We really enjoyed our stay at Beautiful Saigon Hotel 2. The rooms are very good clean and the restaurant is fantastic.
Very well priced and the location is perfect. The Staff are very friendly and helpful. We higgly recomend this place.
Alan and lisa from Qld Australia

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Beautiful Saigon Hotel 2? Share your experiences!