“Taste is decent but portions are small” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Halal
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Singapore, Singapore
“Taste is decent but portions are small”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

The portions are rather small for the price, many of the pieces of chicken were just bone with a slither of meat then covered in a lot of sauce. It's something that I'd expect at a street stall not a restaurant and considering that the price is at the higher end for HCMC I would have expected more. The roti also came out cold. All up not a really good experience. There are better on this very street.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful Malaysian halal food in Saigon.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Delicious food. Service was great. Fast & efficient. I still can't forget my wonderful experience even when I am back home. Hooked for more.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“The Highlight in Our Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Halal@Saigon was not our first choice on that day. We'd walk into D Nyonya Penang Restaurant across the street for our lunch but then decided to abort the idea when seeing so many group tours already there awaiting their foods. The captain told us that we had to wait at least 30 minutes as they had to cater to group booking and they were also facing shortage of staff. Obviously our order will fall at the bottom of the pile and we decided to jump ship.

Once out of the restaurant I strictly hail a cab and ask the taxi driver to bring us to Halal@Saigon at Dong Du St. The taxi driver looked at me and said this is Dong Du St... sheepishly I apologised and quickly cross over the street with my family. Hehehe... Next time better read the address first...

Once we enter the restaurant the faces are all looks familiar as at D Nyonya Penang restaurant. Majority of the customers are Malaysian. Since that the ground floor table were fully occupied we were ushered to the 2nd floor facing the street. The decor was nice and we were immediately served with warm cane drinks. We ordered Nasi Lemak , Nasi Goreng with Fried Chicken,Nasi Goreng Something (can't remember) and Fried Prawn coated with duck egg yolk. My daughter who is a picky eater clean her Nasi Lemak plate till the last grain. Either she was starving or it was really good. My wife ordered the Nasi Goreng something and found out that it was like Vegetable Fried Rice as there were too many veggie on her plate. My fried rice with fried chicken is just ordinary and the fried chicken are actually boneless chicken they used for chicken chop.

I and my daughter ordered Calamansi Juice and it tastes really good to the extent I order once more after I finished the first one. Highly Recommended to everyone. My son drinks watermelon juice and nothing can be really shout about it.

There are several photos lining the wall and from my opinion it is tastely decorated. the place is clean and air-conditioned. When the bill arrived I'm glad the amount is not as expensive as VNHalal...504,000VND... Incl service charge 10% Which I found a tad expensive but tolerable as the waiter are good and attentive.

Singapore, Singapore
“come here to eat halal vietnamese and malaysian cuisine and must must order ice tea susu or ice coffee susu. simply the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

Halal@saigon is just opposite the mosque. Its normally pack with customer showing how good the food is. So many varieties. Price is commendable, not so cheap and not so expensive either. The staff service always smiling and always helping. All 7days vacation sure come here to eat. Tried others, their good too but not as good as Halal@Saigon

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“nice place, reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Wide range of food, good service from the staff. Reasonable price.

• Visited March 2012