“Cannot fault it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lan Lan Hotel 1

You added Lan Lan Hotel 1 to your Saves list
Lan Lan Hotel 1
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   73 -75 Thu Khoa Huan St | Ward Ben Thanh, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #65 of 371 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Cairns, Australia
“Cannot fault it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

A little oasis in the middle of chaotic HCMC. The staff were always super attentive.. Nothing was too much trouble and they were always really cheerful. The room was absolute bliss.. We was on 2nd floor and it was really comfortable and quiet. It even had a bath!! So we was really pleased about that as it made the stay even more relaxing! We had read reviews that outside noise could be a problem so we was a little apprehensive about that as we are light sleepers but thankfully we really didn't experience any noise at all. The room was cleaned everyday and towels and complementary toiletries and tea/coffee/water always replenished. The room was spotlessly cleaned. The location is good, fairly close to all the sights, literally 10 minute walk to the Reunification Palace and 15 minute walk to War Museum and Cathedral. The breakfast buffet is very good. Eggs are cooked to order and plenty of choice. We even had poached eggs which is always a real treat when travelling in Asia! There are always plenty of taxis outside if you need to venture further out. We would recommend to others as it's fantastic value for such an amazing hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Nine weeks ago (5.3.14) after an exhausting flight from Australia, I went to book in to Lan Lan 1. The receptionist told me I was a day late. The only room available would cost $92 rather than the $50 room my Hue agent had booked. I knew this was incorrect. My agent, Asiana Travelmate, never makes mistakes. When I asked to see the booking record, the date of my stay had been written over. I was given my $50 room. I have since stayed at Lan Lan 1 with a delightful receptionist and a flawless , enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: HCM has literally millions of bikes. Sometimes it may sound as if they're passing your hotel sim...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Close family members in Vietnam recommended Lan Lan to us and it's undoubtedly one of the better hotels to stay in District 1 of Saigon. The breakfast was fantastic, providing a wide range of Vietnamese and Western foods, including pho, congee, eggs, toast, juice, fried bananas and other Vietnamese sweets. The room was comfortable and very clean, and the hotel were able to store our bags for several days after we took a trip to Cambodia, returning for a 1 night stay. Location is excellent and a 2 minute walk away from Ben Thanh market and other attractions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

The hotel is actually nice for and affordable price, the room was great, I enjoyed my time staying there. Breakfast was good nothing special but what else can we ask for that price of a nice hotel with a good location. It's easy to get to all the good restaurants around there. We only paid about $1 to get to our favorite restaurant, it's called 'Ngon' restaurant.
I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed June 2013
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Booked via Agoda.com and my room rate was a mere 33/night, which is excellent value for that part of Saigon. Hotel management did, in a way, honor my request for a room on a high floor with a decent view. Indeed room number 930 is on the top floor (floor 10) but elevator only reaches floor 9. Not a such a big issue for me as I am traveling light. The problem is that room is directly opposite to the small gym open for guests to use at all hours, and, some guest were rather noisy. Such noise trickled directly into my room given that the room door is very close to the bed as is the case with many hotel rooms in Saigon. A design flaw if you ask me. Buffet breakfast is more than adequate for a 3 star hotel. I could book this hotel again but I will try to avoid room 930 for the reasons I mentioned, even though the room itself is a very modern room with modern amenities and nothing wrong with it.

Room Tip: I believe that all roms have windows and offer decent city views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Around 5 mins walk to Ben Thanh market, very close to the shopping areas in District 1. But breakfast is lacking, very few choices and receptionist has a very unfriendly attitude. She really need to smile more. Check-in and out is pretty fast, but staff's attitude wise isn't very good. She didn't even bother to say a thank you when I leave the hotel. Has that "don't bother me I'm oh so busy now" kind of attitude. And I really don't like that.

Room cleanliness wise is good, but I my hotel room is at the top floor, which means after the 9th floor I have to climb the stairs to the 10th floor. There's no elevator up to the 10th floor, which is weird and this is the first time I had encountered a hotel like that.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

First time in this hotel through the 'Wendy Wu' tour organisation, checked the earlier posts and it confirms a great hotel ! Centrally located near all the sightseeing spots, the A/C room with soft double bed excellent and clean , bathroom same, service superb and friendly.
Breakfast a feast of Vietnamese and Western type dishes, fresh fruit, look if a big reputable tour operator finds this hotel worthwhile, it is!
Can recommend this place to everyone, and I am sort of fussy when it comes to amenities.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Lan Lan Hotel 1? Share your experiences!