“Beyond our expectation” 5 of 5 stars

353 / 28 Pham Ngu Lao | District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #17 of 351 hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
“Beyond our expectation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed for 4 days and it's really deserve the award. Although we have to walk again through small street but the place really beyond our expectation. It's clean, comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful. And it's near ben tanh market, post office, saigon opera house and cathedral. Absolutely will be back if we travel to ho chi minh again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

289 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My best friend and I booked this hotel for 6 nights after considering many other options and I am so glad that we did. Central location - walking distance to the eateries around the area and to the backpacker district. The hotel is in a little alley that becomes a lovely street market for the locals in the mornings - I loved waking up to seeing the locals get their fresh produce in the mornings. The room was excellent and had everything we needed, including a delightful balcony. The front end staff were very friendly as well - I was sick on one night and the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help me out.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view on the street market - highlights your experience.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Booked this hotel for 4 nights after so many great reviews. It deserves it's awards! Service is so friendly, rooms were large, and the free breakfast was delicious! Loved waking up to an alleyway market outside the hotel. Easy to find and close enough to the sites without all the price gouging, noise, and tourists. I could stay for a month (and it would still be cheaper than my apartment in Chicago!)

• Stayed October 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This place is awesome. Good location, GREAT rooms, and even better service. The breakfast was delicious in my opinion. I highly recommend getting the beef Pho! Could not ask for more in a hotel ESPECIALLY at such a great price!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Neustadt in Sachsen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

It was a comfortable stay here, with clean and elegant rooms, although not much decors to see. The room was clean and organized, it smelled fresh and with peppermint tea to welcome us, it was a marvelous refreshment from the travels that we had. The bathroom was amazingly clean -- for the price that we paid, I was expecting less, but it was spick and span, and I truly felt that it was well-kept. I'm quite particular with bathrooms when splurging, but not when under budget. I would say this gave more value to our money. Our breakfast was fantastic, with Pho soup on the menu. The staff is amazing, from the doorman to the room service. Simple yet awesome!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights and it is everything you need in a hotel, central location, great service, clean, great price and even a lovely breakfast! I left my phone behind in the hotel with all my photos of our trip so far I emailed the hotel and they found my phone, kept it safe for me and dropped it up to a bus station to be delivered to me in Cambodia. Perfect hotel would definitely recommend it!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Burleigh Heads, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Lovely small hotel and a great location, down the alley where the locals sell their wares, a noisy but friendly atmosphere. In district 1 and in walking distance to great shopping, market and restaurants. The hotel is newish, very clean and we loved the layout of the rooms, with some extra touches that some other hotels don't have... table and chairs, little balcony, and extra roomy to store our luggage out of sight. It was safe and secure, and very quiet at night time. The staff were great, always very helpful, and went out of their way to assist us in any way that they could. Breakfast was good, fresh, but not much variety. If you have mobility problems, request a room on the lower floors (no elevator). We'd stay there anytime.

Room Tip: no elevator so if stairs are a problem request lower floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cat Huy Hotel? Share your experiences!