“Fantastic idea, poor execution” 2 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Asiana Saigon Residences

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Asiana Saigon Residences to your Saves list
InterContinental Asiana Saigon Residences
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Nguyen Du St. & | Hai Batrung St., Ho Chi Minh City 70000, Vietnam   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #31 of 353 hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
London
“Fantastic idea, poor execution”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The location is excellent, facilities decent (hotel next door is better), but the quality of the staff terrible. Day-to-day experience is fine, but anything beyond carrying bags or opening doors sends staff into confused chaos. I had endless problems with arranging parking (conflicting statements, numerous visits to the front desk and eventually the manager), refund of deposit (5 different versions of the same forms had to be filled in, and then it took months), routine for their mistakes to cost me time and money - plenty of empty apologies, but with no compensation. A genuine shame that execution of service was so poor, and staff are so poorly trained.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Asiana Saigon Residences, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear FrequentTraveller_xy,

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saint Julian's, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

As with most InterContinentals, we were more than satisfied with this hotel. Notably our bedroom was first class and our bed devine. We had been traveling around South East Asia for over 2 weeks and here we had the best nights' ( 2 actually ) rest. Also worth mentioning is the staff especially at the 19th club lounge, we felt very much at home.

Room Tip: Corner room on the 15th was lovely, great size, light and views
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here in October 2012 with my partner as part of our honeymoon. It was by far our favourite hotel of the trip and we stayed at 5 star hotels for almost all of our journey.

There was nothing I could fault about this hotel and I just wished I could live there permanently!

The room was luxurious, with a beautiful large bathroom and the most comfortable bed. The restaurants and bars were top notch - especially the italian restaurant Basilico. We ate there twice and it is one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever been to. Room service was also fantastic and I became quite addicted to the yummy breakfast, particularly their bircher museli.

They also brought us a "happy honeymoon" cake and a card from the staff. That was just one of the many ways they really looked after us.

We can also recommend the hair and beauty salon in the hotel. My partner got a haircut there and it was the best hair cut he's ever had. The staff really looked after him (and me while I waited) and were so friendly.

However, the biggest asset of this hotel is its staff. They are all incredibly friendly, attentive and helpful. They always greet you with a smile and make you feel special.

The place is also incredibly clean and our room was always perfectly maintained by the staff each day.

I really can't recommend this place highly enough and if I ever return to Saigon I won't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton Head
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were assigned this hotel by our tour. No complaints except no free wifi. This is unacceptable these days. I suspect that this is a business hotel and they want to sock it to business clients, but to tourists it is very annoying
This is only complaint. Service was superb as it is universally in Vietnam. It is a shock to get back to the US with service with a hand out!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I usually stay at Sheraton Saigon due to my Starwood membership but since they were fully booked for my last night there I booked a room at Intercontinental Asiana Saigon. Through sheer luck, they wrote to me saying they were upgrading me to a 1 bedroom suite at the Residence.

I have to say, Intercontinental really trumps the neighbouring Sheraton when it comes to service and modernity as well. From check-in you're given a really warm welcome, with an escort leading you up to your room. The residence is a picture-perfect modern apartment, with a well equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, large living room, bedroom and bathroom. It comes with some fancy touches such as airconditioner units built into the ceiling, an iHome, home theatre system, BluRay player, etc. And I was pleasantly surprised to find that internet is complimentary for Residence guests for multiple devices.

Because I had an early flight to catch the next day, I decided to skip the breakfast buffet and have them deliver breakfast to my room. I'm glad to report that they delivered my meal right on the dot at the time I wanted it.

If you consider the location, I would probably say that the Intercontinental hotel has the best location in Saigon, regardless of whether you're a business or leisure traveler. I was there on business and I found most of the large companies in my industry are in buildings located within a short drive or even walk from the hotel. For tourists, Saigon offers up a smorgasbord of great food and entertainment, and they're all very close to the hotel. If you're into live bands, Hard Rock cafe is right downstairs, though there are many other cheaper places to be found as well.

It's a real shame I only got to stay there for 1 night. One could argue that the Intercontinental Asiana Saigon provides the newest and nicest accommodations in Saigon, and both the Residence and hotel definitely get my full recommendation. Five stars.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I love the Intercontinental residences. Everything was more than I had expected. Very moderned but, yet felt so homey. Superb service, very clean , perfect location, and very safe. A true 5 star. We booked a three bedroom. Which is perfect for our family. We stayed here more than a week. The kitchen and wash/ dryer was so handy. Got everything w/ hotel ammenities. Made our trip to Vietnam even more special. I will recommend it to anyone traveling to HCMC . I visited many other 5 star hotel in HCMC and this is by far the only place I will stay while I'm there. Believe me, it is worth every penny. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Easy location to all the main landmarks. As IHG ambassadors were upgraded to corner room with great views which was nice. The bed and bed linen were absolutely wonderful! And the rooms were quiet despite HCMC being a very noisy city. Didn't eat at the restaurant as there are many wonderful places to eat around HCMC.. The club intercontinental lounge is a fairly nice place to have an afternoon tea after a long hot day in the city if you have access.
Room service and turn down all to a high standard. Unfortunately we were overcharged (albeit by $4USD). If we were to return to HCMC would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great. Higher floor is better for sound insulation
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to InterContinental Asiana Saigon Residences? Share your experiences!