“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Asiana Saigon Residences

You added InterContinental Asiana Saigon Residences to your Saves list
InterContinental Asiana Saigon Residences
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Nguyen Du St. & | Hai Batrung St., Ho Chi Minh City 70000, Vietnam   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 371 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Hilton Head
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were assigned this hotel by our tour. No complaints except no free wifi. This is unacceptable these days. I suspect that this is a business hotel and they want to sock it to business clients, but to tourists it is very annoying
This is only complaint. Service was superb as it is universally in Vietnam. It is a shock to get back to the US with service with a hand out!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I usually stay at Sheraton Saigon due to my Starwood membership but since they were fully booked for my last night there I booked a room at Intercontinental Asiana Saigon. Through sheer luck, they wrote to me saying they were upgrading me to a 1 bedroom suite at the Residence.

I have to say, Intercontinental really trumps the neighbouring Sheraton when it comes to service and modernity as well. From check-in you're given a really warm welcome, with an escort leading you up to your room. The residence is a picture-perfect modern apartment, with a well equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, large living room, bedroom and bathroom. It comes with some fancy touches such as airconditioner units built into the ceiling, an iHome, home theatre system, BluRay player, etc. And I was pleasantly surprised to find that internet is complimentary for Residence guests for multiple devices.

Because I had an early flight to catch the next day, I decided to skip the breakfast buffet and have them deliver breakfast to my room. I'm glad to report that they delivered my meal right on the dot at the time I wanted it.

If you consider the location, I would probably say that the Intercontinental hotel has the best location in Saigon, regardless of whether you're a business or leisure traveler. I was there on business and I found most of the large companies in my industry are in buildings located within a short drive or even walk from the hotel. For tourists, Saigon offers up a smorgasbord of great food and entertainment, and they're all very close to the hotel. If you're into live bands, Hard Rock cafe is right downstairs, though there are many other cheaper places to be found as well.

It's a real shame I only got to stay there for 1 night. One could argue that the Intercontinental Asiana Saigon provides the newest and nicest accommodations in Saigon, and both the Residence and hotel definitely get my full recommendation. Five stars.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I love the Intercontinental residences. Everything was more than I had expected. Very moderned but, yet felt so homey. Superb service, very clean , perfect location, and very safe. A true 5 star. We booked a three bedroom. Which is perfect for our family. We stayed here more than a week. The kitchen and wash/ dryer was so handy. Got everything w/ hotel ammenities. Made our trip to Vietnam even more special. I will recommend it to anyone traveling to HCMC . I visited many other 5 star hotel in HCMC and this is by far the only place I will stay while I'm there. Believe me, it is worth every penny. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The two of us just left Intercontinental Asiana Saigon Residence two months ago. It was our home from July 2011 to June 2012.

During our stay, everything met expectation. Good new apartment building, strategic location, great facility, good service, friendly and reliable staff.

It is very strategic and within walking distance to tourist attractions; Notre Dame Saigon (cathedral) and the main Post Office. A little bit further, we can walk to the main street, Dong Khoi, to see the Opera House and City Hall. Preferably, walk there in the afternoon before the sunset.

The gym has good facility including pool, sauna and steam rooms.

We had been spoiled by Intercon in terms of foods. Kumho Link is situated in between the Hotel and Apartment has many restaurants; MOF, Subway, Sushi Bar, Lion City, Coffee Bean (at Kumho office building), Hot Pot type of restaurant, Korean cuisines, Thai cuisine, Brotzeit, Hard Rock Cafe and Bobby Chinn restaurant. There is one supermarket for simple grocery shopping.

Food at the Hotel and Apartment are either good or very good. LoL. We enjoyed Sunday dim sum brunch at Yu Chu Chinese Restaurant, or dinner/ weekend brunch at Market 39 coffee shop. Good and fresh food, good service. Good selection of wines and yummy snacks at Purple Jade, that’s where we took a few close neighbors for farewell drinks before leaving Ho Chi Minh City.

Our favorite restaurant is of course Basilico. This place is often busy during lunch hours. They have thin and crispy pizza. Seafood pizza is our favorite! My two other favorite is the mushroom Risotto for lunch/dinner and Chicken Congee for weekend brunch. When we were still living there, they have Fruity Red Wine which I like it… The staff is friendly and helpful. There is one guy who helped us to order the ‘chilly oil’ for pizza just like what Basilico serves in the restaurant. Only in 2-3 days after I mentioned it to him, he called and delivered it to our Unit. Wow!

The Residence organizes gathering for long-stay guests in regular basis. Good event, we get to know our neighbors. Once, we won one Dim Sum voucher at Yu Chu!

Thanks to Residence staff who has made our stay in Saigon memorable. They are friendly and reliable! Thanks to Au who was there to help me when I lost my Blackberry. Thanks to Viet who is always cheerful greeting guests at the Lobby. Thanks to the housekeeping staff (who cleaned up our Unit) and all of the sweet Reception ladies.

A few days ago, a friend called from Indonesia asking for hotel recommendation in Ho Chi Minh City, with no doubt I replied to her: Intercon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Rein_Sagun, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Asiana Saigon Residences, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Ekristanti:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a feedback during your recent stay with us as well as your great comments to Au and Viet.

Rest assured that we are truly committed in creating Great Hotels, Guests Love.

We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Glasgow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

See review on hotel.

Rooms are good for a residence but I felt forgotten about as a hotel resident.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Rein_Sagun, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Asiana Saigon Residences, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear KenHugh:

Thank you very much for your valuable comments during your recent stay with us.

Rest assured that we will do the necessary to improve our services particularly during situations similar to your experiences.

Thank you very much and we hope that you can give us another chance and stay with us again in the future.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I was in Hochiminh few weeks ago at Sheraton hotel and wanted so much to have look at this place as I have to stay in HCM in the neareast time. My decision was totally right to ask the Front desk staff to show me the room. There are 1, 2 and 3 bed rooms. The room was fabulous with kitchen and seperate bed room. The location is ideal with the Link nextdoor, I can choose Korean or Japanese or Singapore food at anytime during the day.

The staff here is very friendly and helpful. I was quite troubling by not staying there but asking a lot of question. I especially highlight 1 employee who wore the yellow uniform ( I don't know what it calls, the traditional one, i think) - his name is Toan. He is very helpful and attentive in recommending places for me to visit in HCM. It's my first time in Saigon so knowing places like Pho Hoa, Comnieusaigon was fantastic. I enjoyed very much!!!

Such a memorable experience! I will certainly stay here on my next visit.

Room Tip: Get the recommendation from the staff for eating places ! Vietnamese food is excellent !
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jessica W:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a feedback during your recent stay with us as well as your great comments to Toan, who is one of our Doormen.

Rest assured that we are truly committed in creating Great Hotels, Guests Love.

We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Grantham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have stayed here before and am now doing so again. Simply - this place works! Very helpful front desk staff that are always polite and knowledgeable. Room Service that is rarely seen but that keeps rooms in spotless condition. There is a mini-market on the ground floor which offers essential provisions. Also a number of eating opportunities - Subway for a quick snack, Basilico for a good quality Italian meal.
The apartments are located in the centre of Ho Chi Minh City and there are a number of great places to visit, close by. Including the Roman Catholic cathedral of Notre Dame. This has an English language mass at 09.30 every Sunday,

So far unable to find anything negative to say.

Room Tip: Higher floors are more expensive.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Asiana Saigon Residences, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Tom O,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding you recent stay at the Residences specially your good comments to our Front Desk.

Rest assured that we will continue to deliver excellent service and create unique guest experiences to all our guests.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to your next visit.

Front Office Manager

Been to InterContinental Asiana Saigon Residences? Share your experiences!