I usually stay at Sheraton Saigon due to my Starwood membership but since they were fully booked for my last night there I booked a room at Intercontinental Asiana Saigon. Through sheer luck, they wrote to me saying they were upgrading me to a 1 bedroom suite at the Residence.
I have to say, Intercontinental really trumps the neighbouring Sheraton when it comes to service and modernity as well. From check-in you're given a really warm welcome, with an escort leading you up to your room. The residence is a picture-perfect modern apartment, with a well equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, large living room, bedroom and bathroom. It comes with some fancy touches such as airconditioner units built into the ceiling, an iHome, home theatre system, BluRay player, etc. And I was pleasantly surprised to find that internet is complimentary for Residence guests for multiple devices.
Because I had an early flight to catch the next day, I decided to skip the breakfast buffet and have them deliver breakfast to my room. I'm glad to report that they delivered my meal right on the dot at the time I wanted it.
If you consider the location, I would probably say that the Intercontinental hotel has the best location in Saigon, regardless of whether you're a business or leisure traveler. I was there on business and I found most of the large companies in my industry are in buildings located within a short drive or even walk from the hotel. For tourists, Saigon offers up a smorgasbord of great food and entertainment, and they're all very close to the hotel. If you're into live bands, Hard Rock cafe is right downstairs, though there are many other cheaper places to be found as well.
It's a real shame I only got to stay there for 1 night. One could argue that the Intercontinental Asiana Saigon provides the newest and nicest accommodations in Saigon, and both the Residence and hotel definitely get my full recommendation. Five stars.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Asiana Saigon Residences Hotel Ho Chi Minh City
- Intercontinental Asiana Saigon Residences Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Intecontinental Asiana Saigon Residences is conveniently located at the Kumho Plaza, which is a walking distance to Saigon Tower , Saigon Trade Center and foreign consulate offices. It is a leisurely 10 minute walk to city parks, zoo and Reunification palace.InterContinental Asiana Saigon Residences offers premium residential services and facilities. Other than offering panoramic views of the city on the residences, it offers first- class health club and spa. Live the InterContinental life at Saigon s premier address, where discerning international residents can experience distinctive contemporary living in the city s finest integrated complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your InterContinental Asiana Saigon Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.