“Fantastic restaurant, perct service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Asiana Saigon

You added InterContinental Asiana Saigon to your Saves list
InterContinental Asiana Saigon
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Hai Ba Trung St. & | Le Duan Blvd, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City 70000, Vietnam   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 383 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Fantastic restaurant, perct service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We didnt stay here at the hotel. We came here for Yuchu restaurant, 1st floor, Intercontinental Hotel. We chose the Dmsum buffet on a weekday. The server was so nice and friendly, he offered us a variety of choices instead of buffet if we didnt eat alot. But we still decided to have the buffet to experience everything. The food was well cooked, service is extremely fast and perfect. The servers were so helpful and knew what we needed before we did order.
The hotel met the standard of a 5-star one.
A good place to come if you are staying at the hotel. The price is affordable and everything meet the hygience standard.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Michaela S, Director of Sales & Marketing at InterContinental Asiana Saigon, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thank you very much for your very positive review of our Yu Chu Restaurant.

I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. I have passed your feedback to F&B Director and our Chef, they will for sure give the feedback to the team.

I must agree with you, I also love the food in Yu Chu, the selection of Dim Sum is fantastic.

Thank you once again and we very much hope we will welcome you back to our hotel in the very near future.

Best regards,

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We didn't get an upgrade to the executive floor; I suppose because it wasn't exactly off-peak season. The hotel overall was new and the interior was sufficiently modern. The lobby however was a bit small and suffocating. The location on the other hand is very good; you could walk to most of the attractions in the CBD provided you can withstand the hot and humid tropical climate.

I never understood why some 5-star hotels like this one don't simply offer free wifi. You could say that since most patrons are well-off they wouldn't mind paying extra for the free wifi service, but I'd rather the hotel offers me free wifi and include that in the room charge so it doesn't feel like I need to pay extra for a service that almost everyone needs and all budget hotels provide for free.

The gym was alright, though the swimming pool was a bit small. Breakfast spread was nice. Room was clean though somewhat small, and bathroom lacks counter space. Toiletries were unexpectedly unbranded. Staff was courteous and helpful, though not very fluent in English.

In conclusion, I wasn't exactly impressed because I don't feel there is much added benefits staying in this 5-star hotel compared to other 4-star hotels I've stayed at elsewhere. I am not sure if 5-star standard in Ho Chi Minh city is lower, or this Intercontinental is at the lower end of the 5-stars. In any case, if you can afford it and like the location, or have membership, Intercontinental is a good choice. Otherwise, check out other 5-star hotels in the city, or opt for cheaper options.

Room Tip: Higher floors for nicer view that isn't obstructed by that broadcasting tower behind the Post Of...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Michaela S, Director of Sales & Marketing at InterContinental Asiana Saigon, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback, we very much appreciate you taking time and writing to us.

In general, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

In regards to the Internet, all our loyalty members, as of 1st January 2014, are entitled to free Internet across all our 9 brands globally. It means that everybody who is an IHG Rewards Club member, regardless whether they are staying in InterContinental Hotel or Holiday Inn, will automatically receive free Internet. This is our thank you to our members and we are the only international hotel chain that offers this kind of benefit at the moment. To become a member is extremely easy, you can register either on line or ask to be enrolled upon check in. It takes a few minutes and you start collecting the points immediately.

As you said, our hotel is new, we are the newest 5* hotel in the city center and we are very proud of our property.

We try to mix the international brand with the local touch and I would like to thank you for your positive feedback on friendliness of our colleagues. I will definitely pass the message.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and I am sending the best regards from Saigon.

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Arriving at 9.00am after a long journey we were correct in our assumption that our room would not be ready. However we were immediately shown an alternative which we chose to accept. It was on the 18th floor with great views over the Cathedral and across the city. Lovely, impeccably clean room with a large bathroom with a shower and separate bath. Excellent quiet aircon, well stocked mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities which were replenished daily and an excellent range of toiletries.

An excellent choice of food at breakfast. One day we had room service breakfast and that was also very good, arriving exactly on time.

The swimming pool on the 3rd floor was a lovely oasis to cool down, although the glass side was a little intimidating to those with a less than athletic figure!! The staff were very attentive, greeting you with towels and always on hand to order poolside food and drinks.

The location was perfect with all the highlights of Ho Chi Minh City within easy walking distance.

My final comment must be about the very professional staff who are always on hand to help and advise.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
A big thank you for that lovely review. We are extremely happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is good to hear that you enjoyed various facilities of the hotel, I agree, the pool is a bit funky, certainly different from other regular pools.

We very much hope we will have the chance to see you again. If you need any help with your future bookings, please do not hesitate to contact me on Michaela.Smith@ihg.com, I will be very happy to help.

Best regards to the UK and we hope to see you soon again.

Director of Sale & Marketing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Make sure you upgrade to the executive floor!
The lounge is wonderful
And the staff Super attentive. They actually took a photo of is the first day and then presented it to is in a frame when we left ( a little much but still )
It is a comfortable and beautiful hotel with a really cool glass pool and great gym. Co
For table beds and spacious rooms.
We did not book our tours from the hotels however as they are ( as always) much more expensive. There are many reliable your companies just down the street.
We enjoy exploring the cultures but as shallow as it may sound it is really nice being able to return at night to the comforts of a hotel such as this. Thank you for a great stay. Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for the great feedback. Very proud to hear the feedback like this.

I don't think it is shallow at all, everybody who had been to Ho Chi Minh City knows, that it is extremely nice to get back to peaceful environment after spending the day on busy Saigon streets. And we are very happy that you chose to seek that tranquility in our hotel.

Once again, thank you for being with us, I am sending the best regards from the whole team.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

As a regular business traveler to Vietnam, I have tried many hotels in Ho Chi Minh City. The Intercontinental Saigon is a wonderful oasis in this exciting and rapidly changing city. The hotel is centrally located in middle of HCM and is easy walking distance to the entire core of the city. However, since it is 3 blocks away from the busy area around the opera house, the hotel sits in a little quieter area. The rooms are beautiful, clean and well appointed, with beds that you will not want to leave behind each morning. The hotel is fully equipped with meetings/business center, club lounge, several good restaurants, trendy (place to be) bar on the second floor, extensive fitness center, rooftop pool and sun deck, and exceptional spa to rejuvenate your tired body.

In regards to food, try to the breakfast on the first floor. It is one the best breakfasts in all of Asia and internationally. Wonderful.

Most importantly the staff and service at the Intercontinental is everything and more that you would expect from a 5 star hotel. It is now the only hotel that I stay in HCM. I travel more than 225 days per year and I look for location, service, comfort and ambience. The Intercontinental Saigon in HCM will not disappoint.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. The corner junior suites are excellent and spacious.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
So good to read your review, thank you so much. Really appreciated.

I would absolutely love to meet you during your next stay. Could you please contact me on Michaela.Smtih@ihg.com? I would be grateful if you could send me your contact details.

I really hope we will have the chance to welcome you back very soon and I look forward to hearing from you.

The very best regards from all of us.

Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

It's 5 start for sure. It's the security of booking here and not having to worry about a terrible stay elsewhere. This holiday inn premium brand hotel was great. Price wise it was high. But as said for the security of comfort I was happy to pay more. The food offered was great. I extended my stay around midnight of departing and it worked out fine. Late check out was also welcomed. Food in hotel was fantastic and you know you eating good food. The hotel is connected to a medium sized mall. Just adds small activity in case you want something different. I would not walk around too much. Risk of motorbikes is too high. Just use the local meter taxi. The room was huge with great shower. Just a perfect relaxing stay on holiday.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback and we are extremely happy to hear that you liked the hotel.

It certainly is one of our aims to provide our guests with the feeling of security and safety and as an international brand, it is the top of our list.

I must agree with you in regards to our food. I personally think the food in our hotel is excellent. Our Executive Chef is Italian (we have an Italian restaurant) but the most popular is obviously Asian food and in particular local Vietnamese offerings.

Thank you once again and please do come and stay with us again.

Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed here for one night as the room we had booked in the intercontinental residences had an issue and the hotel rang us about this on the way to our hotel. They swiftly moved us to a club suite on the 18th floor and while it was more expensive it was just fantastic and what we needed after a hard couple of days in Hanoi. We don't usually use the intercontinental in New Zealand as the hotel numbers are a bit limited but after staying at IC HCM and Hanoi we are total converts. The club lounge is magnificent as you would expect and the staff faultless. The hotel booked us on a very good tour (Le Rives) of the Cu Chi tunnels. I'm sure it's a bit more expensive than some budget tours but we'll worth it. We took the boat option. Can't recommend the hotel or the residences ( see other review) highly enough. We have gone on to book IC Nha Trang as we have been so impressed with the chain in Vietnam

He location of this hotel in HCM couldn't be better and it is an easy walk to the malls and restaurants

Room Tip: Go as high as you can afford for a truly memorable experience. Ps the beds are to die for!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
We could not be happier reading your review. Thank you so much and it feels really good to hear that you enjoyed our InterContinental hotels in Saigon and in Hanoi as well.

In total we have four InterContinental hotels in Vietnam: in Hanoi, Danang, Nha Trang and Saigon. They are all fantastic hotels and resorts and we cooperate with each other very closely. If you do need any help with the booking in Nha Trang, please just let me know on Michaela.Smith@ihg.com and I will be happy to talk to my colleagues.

Thank you once again, have a safe trip back home and please come back soon.

Best regards from all of us here in Vietnam.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to InterContinental Asiana Saigon? Share your experiences!