I stayed here on a 3d/2n business trip.
There were 2 groups having their annual conference in the hotel. This resulted in the entrance area being blocked and crowded at certain hours though it didn’t affect the check-in/check out counters which were fortunately located further inside the hotel.
Although, the hotel lived up to most of my expectations with their friendly and helpful staff, I didn’t get a sense of wow during my stay.
What I Liked:
Clean, spacious room
Generous buffet breakfast spread with fresh coconuts - first time I’ve seen in a hotel !
Helpful and informative concierge and bell hops.
What Could be Improved:
The pillows were way too soft for me even though I slept on 2 pillows. Although, the hotel has a pillow menu, I didn’t find the time to ask for a change due to my schedule and short stay.
Room curtains – not the black out types and I was awakened by the early rays of the 6am sun sneaking thru the curtains – Gooooood Morning Vietnam !!
Service at the lobby Bar was slow even though it wasn’t crowded and was surprised that they haven’t heard of a gin lime or vodka lime
Plenty of English and foreign TV channels.
Pool and gym was crowded in the mornings – popular with the keep-fit members of the conference group
About a 20-30 minute walk to Ben Thanh Market – walking in Ho Chi Minh’s heat and humidity , it felt like 45 minutes
Located next / outside the hotel, there’s Hard Rock Café, Brotzeit Microbrewery, a 24-hours convenience store, a coffee café and other restaurants.
The average taxi fare around District 1 is about 30VND to 40VND based on my actual fares.
Word of Caution
Although, I felt generally safe even when i walked the streets alone, I'd like to relate an unfortunate incident that befell a colleague. She had her handbag snatched from her at night after returning from a nightspot even though she was with a group of friends. She did every thing recommended by a local guide - walked with a group, kept her handbag towards the pavement side of the road. Unfortunately, the snatch thief was on a bike travelling on the pavement itself when he committed his dastardly deed.
Fortunately, she didnt carry her passport and loads of money in her bag; just an old handphone, her key room card and some cash.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Asiana Saigon Hotel Ho Chi Minh City
- Intercontinental Asiana Saigon Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Asiana Saigon is an exciting new landmark in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam s commercial centre. The hotel is close to the colonial sights of Notre Dame Cathedral and the Old Saigon Post Office, a few minutes from famous landmarks like the Reunification Palace, City Hall and the beautiful Opera House. Guests can enjoy some of the city s premier shopping in the same complex. The InterContinental Asiana Saigon Residences with 260 luxurious apartments is next door. Personalized service awaits guests in each of the 305 elegantly-appointed rooms, including 19 suites and a stylish Presidential Suite. Pillow-top bedding and floor-to-ceiling windows will create unparalleled grandeur and an inviting space for a relaxing stay. Tan Son Nhat International Airport is a 30-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your InterContinental Asiana Saigon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.