This Review is written in the wake of consecutive stays, the first for 8 nights over Christmas and the second for 2 nights prior to my leaving Vietnam & continuing my travels in SE Asia. On both occasions the entire Staff, without exception, were welcoming,smiling,helpful,efficient,courteous and displaying "a nothing is too much trouble" approach - clearly testament to a careful selection and training process, following the very recent opening of the present hotel in mid Nov 2013 ; all resulting in a happy and caring team who really want the new hotel to be a success and their guestsabove all else to enjoy their stay.
My Room for both visits were located on the 5th and 6th floors, respectively. The second one opened onto a lovely balcony with a southerly sunny aspect and equipped with two comfortable large chairs. Both Rooms were spacious and high celinged and pleasantly decorated with large bathrooms and sizeable baths and good showerheads. The beds had firm, comfortable mattresses made up with crisp, clean linen sheets. Each room had a good sized wardrobe and heavy material curtains to ensure a good night's sleep. The "In house" Laundry (same day return) worked admirably and everything was meticulously ironed ; in sum a quick, efficient service and a very high standard of laundering all of which was well presented on return to Hotel Guest & all at a very reasonable cost / price per item.
The Manager, I am aware, is undertaking a comprehensive programme of refurbishment (including Noiseproof Room Windows,Dining Room Redesign,General Redecoration throughout Hotel, and an overhaul of the present Breakfast Menu to make it more appealing in particular to Westerners and those from Asia alike).
In many respects the hotel already has 3 Star facilities and qualities and with improvements,once completed, I would like to think it may qualify to be upgraded in the near future - it deserves to be, in my view, with the imagination and drive being shown and the Upgrades now in progress and once completed. Iaan conclusion a very pleasant stay - a hotel I will return to shortly, without any hesitation.
Laundry - Very quick, efficient service "in house" and very high standard of laundering & well presented on return to Hotel Guest, all at very reasonable cost / prices per item.
(3) Rooms - Spacious & high ceilinged, big bathrooms, efficent shower heads,good sized wardrobes, good air conditioning systems, comfortable chairs, high quality TVs, very comfortable mattresses and sheets / duvet covers/pillow slips very crisp & nicely ironed.
Higher Floor Rooms presently afford almost no discernible noise from the busy surrounding streets be...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you very much for your being with us and the very constructive & useful comments posted on this forum. In order to update & keep other others updated, we update you as follows:-
1. One more sound proof window glaze is already done and now, our guests can enjoy the city view from the large window in the day time and have a sound sleep in the night time.
2. Redecoration at our lobby area has been done as now our guests can have a REAL Vietnamese feeling when they just step into our lobby and easily plan their tour with our 3 GIANT maps hangs around our lobby area.
3. We just adjust our buffet spread for more Western style now with a selection of eggs by order and the cereal choice will mor provided after the TET holiday
4. All of our wooden furniture inside the rooms have been well varnished and look very shining now.
You are definately correct that our location is next door with Ben Thanh Market ( symbol of Saigon ) and we still have a lot of things to improve as we want to make this hotel to be one of the most favorite boutique hotels for those who want to experience the city's bustling nightlife, from cheap & cheerful street food vendors to chic cosmopolitan nightclubs and lounge bars and Vietnamese local products.
Thank you very much for your good thoughts of us and we look forward wit pleasure to welcoming you & your friends back with us in the coming time.
Yours very truly,
John La - Owner
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.