“Lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Broadstone, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We ate here with a group of about 30, considering how many of us there was the food was very good. We arrived about an hour before the main group and the staff were very welcoming, helpful and quite happy for us to sit in the air condition restaurant and wait for the rest of the group.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
Seattle
“I should have read the reviews!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Saigon is such a great city with so many restaurants to choose from and this was a wasted opportunity. The service was non- existent if I have to ask for silverware and a napkin as my food sits in front of me cooling off while the staff behaves as if I have made an unreasonable request.

Warm beer on a hot night means to me that process management is rudimentary.
Hot soup served luke warm with lots of crab shells calls into question the lack of technique on the basics. On the upside the fish was nicely prepared with a fresh grilled taste but the portion meager.The time it took to get our bill after a number of requests exceeded the time we dined.
I wish the gratuity was not compulsory.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“awesome traditionnal vietnamese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

the food was amazing and resonnably priced with friendly staff as in every single restaurant I have visited in Ho Chi Minh, I was staying at the Duxton only a few hundred metres away so I came here for dinner many times and loved it.
I would recommend one of there set menues which includes a lot of different traditionnal vietnamese dishes.
go check it out if you want to eat local (which really you should do if you are in Ho Chi Minh :) )

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Overrated tourist trap. Service was dreadful - staff were totally disinterested. Musicians were reading messages on mobile phones part way through performance. Food was tepid and tasteless - definitely give it a miss!

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
North Wales
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our guide recommended that my partner and I try this restaurant as it was within easy walking distance of our hotel. We are often rather sceptical about such recommendations, however in this instance we were very surprised and satisfied! The restaurant was very busy and we had a table for two on the third floor. All the tables around us were occupied by Vietnamese, both couples and small groups - this is always a promising sign!

The service was efficient and the atmosphere pleasant and relaxed - though the staff were very busy! The menu was extensive and there were all manner Vietnamese dishes, with a wide assortment of fish. The food we had was excellent, it was very appetising, hot and well presented, in addition the servings were of adequate size.

The cost of both food and drinks was very reasonable and we paid by card.

• Visited July 2013