“EXCELLENT HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kim Hotel

You added Kim Hotel to your Saves list
Kim Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40/18 Bui Vien Street | Pham Ngu Lao Ward, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #73 of 371 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Truro, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

Stayed here 2 nights on flying into Saigon. Not the easiest to find, but once there it is excellent. The location is excellent, right in the heart of the backpacker area.

Staff were very friendly, room was clean, ample room and very nice.

Lift worked fine when I was there, everything was secure, and the staff were helpful. Even the mini bar was very reasonable.

All in all - a great way to start a trip in Vietnam.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights and would quite happily go back. It is down a little alley but still right in the middle of things. But the main advantage is that it is Quiet....this is some achievement in the middle of a big city! Yes they were building opposite but this stopped about 5.30 and we had no problem with them starting early in the morning, actually did not hear them starting so do not know what time that was!

Ok the reception area is their living room, but every time we went through they were very quick to jump up and not make us feel as if we were interupting! They did keep offering to get us a taxi to the airport, but as the taxi rank was just on the main road outside we did not take them up on the offer. I was given a hair dryer when I asked for one. We actually thought the mini bar prices were fair, a large bottle if water was the same price as in the shops outside!
We paid $22 a night and so we were very happy with this hotel

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Perth Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

We stayed at the Kim Hotel for four nights in MArch and were very pleased. Airconditioned, quiet rooms ( by comparison to other hotels we stayed in during our trip) very clean, separate bathroom, minibar fridge (Beers a S1) very good booking service for day trips etc. Lots of eating choices nearby

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

I arrived here with airport transfer quite late at night and quite exhausted. Upon arrival, the staff were rude and pretty much took me to my room, opened the door and said Bye. Not at all very welcoming and the vibe I got was that I was somehow of a hassle for them.

The room itself was overpriced for $17, and had the HARDEST bed known to mankind! I didn't get much sleep, had a quick shower the next morning and all my stuff got wet. For a few dollars more, you can find a much better quality room.

When I told the Ms. Kim I was checking out she seemed unimpressed and swiftly asked if I drank anything from the fridge, then over-charged on the beers I drank.

Do yourself a favour and find something better!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2009

Kim hotel is tucked away on an alley in the main backpacker area in Saigon. It's a pretty basic place in the style of the area which is a tall and narrow building with no more than a couple of rooms per floor.

The rooms themselves are clean and nicely kitted out with all the essentials. The staff were really friendly and helpful and are happy to sort out your travel etc and will tell you the best places to visit. The best feature though is the location which is near all of the traveller cafes and the city centre, markets etc

For a budget hotel you could do a lot worse than this place.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

We (4 of us) stayed here in Jan 2009, and was pleasantly surprised by the price, location and friendly service. They organised transfers from the airport...which may have been a little more than a taxi, but it was hassle free. Free internet, helpful staff, clean rooms and situated right in the midst of things. I have recommended people to stay here, and I am heading back to Vietnam in Feb 2010, and heading straight back to Kim Hotel.

Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

I stayed here with my mum, my almost two year old, and my four year old. The place is in the heart of things, and very happening, however because Kim's is off a side street it is very quite at night (with the kids we didn't go out late, and had massive days so we needed sleep). We were suprised at how large our room was, and the service was fantastic. I organised a few trips at the front desk, which were amazing value, and loads of fun. (to the Cuchi Tunnels, and a two day trip to the Mekong Delta). Kim and her family made us feel so welcome, and the family atmosphere was great for my two kids. Next door we ate breakfast which was superb omelettes made as you sit there on fresh rolls for about $1 Australian! Delicious and cheap! But there are a million restaurants around for all manner of budget and all style of food!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Kim Hotel? Share your experiences!