“Great hotel and impeccable service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seventy Hotel

You added Seventy Hotel to your Saves list
Seventy Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   70 Bui Vien St., Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (Formerly Phan Lan Hotel)   |
Ranked #38 of 371 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
“Great hotel and impeccable service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have been staying at Seventy Hotel for the past 2 weeks and have been thoroughly impressed with the condition of the rooms, the amazing service and central location.
All the staff have been extremely accommodating and have gone to great lengths to ensure we had the best for our time here. This included great restaurant and shopping reccomendations, as the staff are all very familiar with not only the local area, but the entire city; and have even gone out of their way to take us to the tailor. On top of this they have been happy to prepare our breakfast at 615am in take away boxes, as I am working at the hospital early in the mornings. The service here is definitely on par with 5 star hotels.
Our tours to Mui Ne, the Cuchi tunnels, halong bay and Hanoi were organised effortlessly, and able to be customized for our busy timetables. We were very happy with the organization of everything and impressed with the tours.
Seventy Hotel was nice enough to accommodate to our personal preferences for our room, and we have been very comfortable for the past 2 weeks. The rooms are cleaned daily and we are pleased with the condition!
Furthermore, the hotel is located in the centre of Pham Ngu Lao, close to many bars, restaurants and shops. It is very convenient, and there is nothing more we could ask for :) it is definitely a great place to stay to explore all main attractions in the city.
Overall I am thrilled with our choice if seventy hotel, in particular the personalized, friendly service shown by all hotel staff. I would really recommend this hotel for your stay in Ho Chi Minh City :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Everything is as stated. It has a bed, pillows, sheets, A/C, Fridge, elevator, hot water, free wi-fi etc. But the moment I walked in, everything felt so wrong. I insisted several times on a room with a window facing the back, as I am sensitive to noise. I had emailed them back and forth several times over a period of 3 months, I became quite naggy. When I finally arrived, sure my room had a window, sure it has less noise since it doesn't face Bui Vien Street. But my window ended up facing the corridor! ARGH! The glow of the light from the corridor was 24 hours, with a mere shade that didn't quite cover the light. Corridor noises could be heard. FYI, there are only 3 rooms per floor, total of 5 floors. And I can never tell whether it's day or night, sunny or rainy. I had to Whatsapp my friend in another room, to know if it's a sunny day out.

On the last day, what the staff did was totally unacceptable. I had been having rough nights as it is, sleeping 5 hours daily because I had to wake up on time for tours. Finally I was going to sleep in, and I had informed the guy at the front desk that I won't be having breakfast as I wouldn't know what time I will wake up. At 7am, that same guy came knocking at my room door, insistent on waking us up. He says that the friends I was traveling with were already in the lobby having breakfast and going to Chinatown. Yes my friends were going, so what? So he wants me to vacate this room now, because another couple needs to check-in early. WHAT?! You woke me up at 7am to ask me to leave my room, to give it to another couple? No way man! I wish I could have screamed at him.

I feel that this hotel tries to bend over backwards to help their guests. At times, they help one but end up stepping on another. Which is why I did not end up with the rooms I was promised, and they also messed up our airport pickup. Don't get me wrong, they do try to help, but perhaps they don't understand English that well? Even breakfast orders where we ticked a sheet of paper, end up getting wrong. But I am thankful that although breakfast only started at 7am, they agreed to pack a takeaway sandwich for us at 6:30am since we had to rush off to a tour.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had originally booked Pan Anh Hostel but due to a fault in the room we were moved to its sister hotel, Seventy Hotel. It's a boutique hotel but caters to your every need, on arrival we were issued with a cold flannel and welcome drink. The staff are extremely caring and helpful making sure you and your possessions are safe at all times and providing information on things for you to do, I cannot thank them enough! The room is so clean and fresh towels and sheets are provided daily. There are two computers in reception to use free of charge which is great for organising onward travel. When you sit down they will bring you tea or water without you even having to ask. We only managed to get up for breakfast once but it was great. If you are not leaving to late in the day, reception will keep your things and allow you access to wc. The location of the hotel is also perfect, you can walk to the main attractions and there are plenty of restaurants nearby! Overall, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone! Its great value for money and the staff are fantastic!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
T_diddy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Seventy Hotel is in a great location, with friendly helpful staff, really comfy bed, AC, fridge/minibar, elevator, cheap tours. Would definitely recommend to friends and I'd stay here again.

Location is in the midst of all the fun in district one. Lots of places to eat and drink for next to nothing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I went to HCM for a short business trip and staying here was better than I expected. It is a "hole in the wall" but by getting this budget hotel, I was able to splurge on the more important and memorable things like the food, drinks, and museums. Its location is very good as all kinds of restaurants, coffee shops and bars are present be it the nameless pavement restos (local beer for 10.000 vnd or $0.50), dingy pubs (beer for 30.000-50.000 vnd) or upscale bars (beer for 150.000+ vnd and cocktails for 300.000+++ vnd or $15+++), which can be reached without having to ride a motorbike or taxi cab.

To give you an idea:

- hotel to Benh Thanh Market = 10 min walk
- hotel to Chill Sky Bar = 10 min walk
- hotel to War Remnants Museum = 15-20 min walk
- hotel to Lush Bar = 20 min walk
- hotel to nearest Highlands Coffee = 5 min walk
- hotel to nearest Coffee Bean = 5 min walk
- hotel to nearest Pizza Hut = 3 min walk

Regarding safety, Seventy Hotel is right beside a police station and there is also a money changer and two 24-hour convenience stores that are just a few steps away.

Breakfast is tasty,decent and there are enough choices though, of course, it cannot and must not be compared to restaurant/5-star hotel food.

I'm from the Philippines and I can say that HCM is a very walkable city, and though non-Asians maybe shocked by the way traffic and crossing roads go, it is perfectly normal and not so surprising for me.

All the news of road accidents, dangerous streets are all exaggerated bs.

Room Tip: Rooms with the balcony can offer a good view of the busy street during early mornings and lively bar...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

On arrival, we were offered fresh, cold juice which was very welcoming. Staff is very professional and nice. Our room was quite small, but clean and tidy. Breakfast included a fried egg, a couple of breads, little vegetables and a coffee or a juice. Can change to Vietnamise soup with an egg or meat.
For those of you who search for a lobby to meet other people, that's not the place.
Worth it's price, not more, but you do get what you've paid for. We enjoyed our stay and give a very positive recommendation.

• Stayed September 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My partner and I booked to stay here for three nights on our arrival to Ho Chi Minh. We arranged a transfer via the hotel from the airport which ran smoothly with the driver waiting for us on our arrival.

When we reached the hotel we were advised that our room had been double booked for the first night which wasn't the best news to hear after a 20 hour plus journey. They went on to arrange for us to stay in a hotel of the same quality literally across the street (Nhat Thao). The room here was spacious and more than adequate for our first night.

The following day we transferred our bags over to Seventy Hotel and stayed here for the following two nights. The room was comfortable, modern and clean.

The hotel is situated right in the heart of the backpacker district with numerous bars, restaurants and food outlets on the door step but the hotel itself was not affected by the noise of the hustle and bustle. There is also a small supermarket close by which was convenient for stocking up on water.

Overall, excellent value for money and friendly staff and we would happily stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Seventy Hotel? Share your experiences!