“Excellent - service, location and experience!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Silverland Central - Tan Hai Long Hotel and Spa

You added Silverland Central - Tan Hai Long Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Silverland Central - Tan Hai Long Hotel and Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14 - 16 Le Lai Street, Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Offers & Announcements
Direct Cash Refund 03 USD
Ranked #51 of 371 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent - service, location and experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

The manager of this hotel clearly strives for excellence - it is evident from his responses on tripadvisor and also the care he takes with his guests during their stay at the hotel. I stayed at Tan Hai Long/Silverland Central to attend a friends wedding in HCMC.

The hotel is in an enviable location, extremely reasonable priced and the service is excellent. WIFI is free throughout the hotel and reliable. The daily breakfast buffet was plentiful and had plenty of choice. The rooms are clean and great value for money. I availed the airport pickup which was easy to follow and reliable. What more can I say?

Ben Thanh market is just outside the hotel and it is a short stroll or <$2 cab ride into the central area where all the 5-star hotels are. There are numerous foot and body massages nearby to relax and unwind after a long day out.

This has been my best hotel experience for quite some time... Thank you Mr Man Nguyen for a wonderful stay and I look forward to staying at your hotel again when I visit HCMC.

Room Tip: Upper level, my preference was facing the park and large roundabout...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Man N, General Manager at Silverland Central - Tan Hai Long Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Melkol,

Thank you very much for your excellent review.

I am so happy to hear that your stay with us was an excellent experience and it is always a pleasure to have you staying with us. I (we) really proud when our striving for excellence has been recognized and appreciated.

Silverland Central Hotel and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in early November. The Night Market is just around the corner. The french quarter is within walking distance. The breakfast buffet is wonderful and included. The staff are all friendly and helpful. We did not have an external window, our window looks out into the hall. It is a spacious room with a large bed. The elevator is congested. I do think this is a good place to stay and have no problems recommending it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Man N, General Manager at Silverland Central - Tan Hai Long Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Rickleed,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am proud that you have found our buffet breakfast is wonderful and it is great to know that you will not hesitate to recommend our hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Initially, I made the booking via Agoda only to find out that direct booking via the hotel’s website gave a better deal. Pay the same price & get extra perks like:
- Free Airport pick-up service for all bookings for Junior-Suite (or Suite) for 02 nights (maximum 03 guests per room reserved).
- Free one voucher 45 mins foot-massage at onsite KL Spa for all bookings for Deluxe room (or Suite) for 02 nights.
- Free Airport pickup service for all bookings for 03 nights. (maximum 03 guests per room reserved).
- Free Airport pickup and drop-off service for all bookings for 05 nights (maximum 03 guests per room reserved.

I traveled with my parents & sister. My sister & I shared the Superior room which supposedly had no windows. No windows was what we wanted. Based on experience in Hanoi, windows equal to traffic sounds. The hotel quoted S$302 (5,048,261 VND) for 4 nights. This was approximately USD 240. On the other hand, my parents topped up about S$100 to have a Junior Suite as my father preferred to have a room with window.

The airport pick up was a comfortable mini bus & they were already waiting for us before we came out. Upon arriving, we were given a voucher for a bottle of Heineken per room to be redeemed at the dining area. However, instead of the free one voucher for a 45 mins foot-massage, we were given a 50,000 VND voucher to be used at KL spa. When I asked the front desk about the supposed free massage, they did not seem to know what I was talking about. But to us it was a small matter.

Both the rooms were spacious. The Junior Suite was located at a block that was facing the back alley. Although the Superior room wasn’t supposed to have a window, there was one facing the common walkway! My parents’ room (2108) was on actually on the 2nd floor. They experienced road works carried out in the middle of the night. Someone’s fighting cock crowing early in the morning. I heard crowing too on the first morning. But what was worse was my neighbours at 501. They were terribly noisy walking along the corridor. Somehow I could also hear them hanging their clothes hangers in the wardrobe clearly.

Breakfast is decent. Sufficient but nothing to rave about. But I enjoyed the beef Pho & congee which was cooked in different flavours daily during my stay.

I realised that a lot of the tourist rate was based on US$1 = 21,000 VND. Be it booking a tour online or even at the hotel. Hence we were quite pleased to find a jewelry shop just round the corner with a good exchange rate. Better than the rates that I saw at the backpackers area along De Tham Street & the airport. At rear entrance located at the dining area, turn right & walk to the corner of the street. It is faces the Ben Thanh Market. The last rate we got was about US$1 = 21,130 VND. So we managed to pay the hotel & our tours in VND.

Overall, a well located hotel that is comfortable & clean. Will recommend to anyone who isn’t too fussy. The hotel representative was prompt in replying to emails. A great location & very centrally located for us to walk to De Tham for the organised day tours. The night market around Ben Thanh solved any nocturnal hunger issues.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Amanduhl,

Thank you very much for your constructive review.

I am glad to know that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us and thanks to your post on our additional benefits when book direct with our homepage.

I am curious that if you book a Superior room and if that booking was not done through our homepage, that means there is no additional benefit is included so maybe there was a misunderstanding or our Front Desk was not clear to explain and make confusing. I am apology for that. But if you and your family plan to come back to HCMC, just drop me an email and I will personally take care with the best offers.

gm@tanhailonghotel.com.vn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

A nice clean hotel room with a clean bed. Don't expect much more for the price. Staff are helpful and have conversational English. Centrally located next to Saigon market. Food readily available. Within walking distance to the main 5 star hotels too.

Stayed October 2013
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have been staying in this hotel each time I come to HCMC for business as they have a good price, good location and good price. But one incident is that the transferred my room to another room due to another guest wanting adjacent rooms. But upon my return I found out my shoes were missing. The hotel said they did everything and even checked the CCTV and all. Then they didn't find anything but they said it's not their responsibility. I asked the hotel to provide a missing item report they said they don't do such things, I only wanted the report so I can have a record and claim on insurance. I also told the hotel I couldn't go out and eat as my shoes were missing, all they told me was to calm down and if I want to file a police report I do it myself. They didn't even bother to say we will get you a meal or try to assist just trying to feinge their responsibility and told me if I want to talk to their boss that's it. This is very poor customer recovery. They said it's not their responsibility that I lost my shoes and there is nothing more they can do for me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Man N, General Manager at Silverland Central - Tan Hai Long Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Tristan_Anthony,

Thank you for your review.

I really am sorry for what happened to your stay with us and It was really not what we are striving for. I am happy that we met upon your checking out at the hotel and I trust that all the issues those come up on this review (was written before that) have been solved and will be followed up til you request us to stop.

As per our conversation, I personally look forward for your email and we shall provide all documents those necessary to your insurance files.

Again, thank you very much and look forward to hear from you soon.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Second stay due to flight delay due to typhoon. Friendly helpful reception staff (thanks Tham). Excellent location as it is just few steps from the Ben Thanh market and within walking distance of all the major attractions – I managed to walk them all in 1 day. Very helpful bellboys (one went and brought me a SIM card and the other came over and helped me across the road).

The breakfast buffet is impressive with a wide selection of Asian and Western food (selection included: 2 types of congee, made to order omelette station, fried rice, sticky rice, fried noodles, sushi, dim sim, bread, cakes, pastries, fruits, etc)
There are computers with free wifi in the restaurant.

Disappointments: There was construction work (hammering) going on in the hotel until 8pm. The hotel should consider stopping this work around 6pm. Towels are tired and no longer pure white.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel was conveniently located though the taxi driver and I had some difficulty finding it. Ben Thanh Market was within walking distance. I would have enjoyed a walk along the Saigon river if not for the rain. The room was comfortable though I can say much about the view from my room. What really impressed me was their staff. The receptionists were polite and superbly attentive. Bellboys took the initiative to rush across the road to help me with my lugguage (the taxi stopped opposite the hotel when we manage to spot it.) If there's one thing to point out, I would say that the water heater worked in a funny way. Instead of allowing me to adjust the water temperature, it gave alternating hot and cold water. Otherwise, I would have given a "6" for "Quality of hotel service" if that's allowed.

Room Tip: I had a room on the highest floor - the only lift in the building doesn't reach it so I had to c...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Man N, General Manager at Silverland Central - Tan Hai Long Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear NoahChan,

Thank you for your review and I am proud when you were impressed by our staff.

To respond your comment on our hot water system, I am sincere apology for the inconvenience when it was not working in order. I also received some others feedback on last few days with the same error and we have fixed it properly. We always appreciate and welcome all the comments to continue strive for the excellent.

Again, thank you very much and if you are coming back to HCMC kindly contact me so I can take care of your booking personally.

gm@tanhailonghotel.com.vn
Silverland Central Hotel and Spa

Been to Silverland Central - Tan Hai Long Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!