“Definitely going back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Silverland Central - Tan Hai Long Hotel and Spa

Save Saved
You added Silverland Central - Tan Hai Long Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Silverland Central - Tan Hai Long Hotel and Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14 - 16 Le Lai Street, Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Special Deal
Free Pickup
Ranked #45 of 351 hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
RP
“Definitely going back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed five days in HCMC and had an excellent stay in this hotel.

First, we were given free airport pickup.We asked if they would give us this service for free even if we failed to book through their website and they granted it. I informed them that I was with a person with disability and would appreciate any assistance. And they gave it.

Second, the moment we checked-in, there was non-stop assistance from the staff. They helped us get tickets for shows-like the Soul of Vietnam and the Water Puppet. The tour staff even gave us pointers on how far the places we wanted to go to and how much the taxi would cost to reach the venue. Too bad for us, we failed to heed their advice and got into a wrong taxi who charged us triple or even quadruple the normal amount. Lesson: take Vinasun taxis and stay away from the others-especially those "waiting" outside tourist attractions.

Third, the staff-especially the bell boys---highly appreciate the services of these gallant gentlemen - who helped my PWD friend from getting down the stairs to pushing the wheelchair, to getting her into the taxis and hotel elevator. It was like automatic - when they saw us, they would immediately approach us and take over the wheelchair from me.

Four, the room was lovely. We did not really have any high expectations-being a 3 star hotel. but this definitely exceeded any expectations we had. We booked a junior suite even if we were just two so we would have enough room for the wheelchair. The room could actually fit 5 adults - as long as you dont mind fighting over who gets to use the bathroom. The jacuzzi in the bathroom was a hit for us-once we got to learn how to use it. We just had to laugh when it got turned on and suddenly a barrage of water suddenly "sprouted" out of nowhere hitting the walls of the bathroom.

Five, the breakfast was awesome. We would usually have late breakfast - around 830am. We would end when they started cleaning up for lunch. The food we ate would last us until dinner. they had so much variety. Of course, we focused on the Vietnamese food. =)

Six, love that they provided free wifi. Bigger hotels charge you but they did not.

Seven, location-location and location. Saigon square, ben than market, night market, park, restaurants, street food, money exchange etc-were super near. A few steps and your there. And for someone who is PWD, going to these places without the wheelchair and just using crutches, was definitely welcome.

Until we left, the staff were all smiles and kept our luggage until we left for the airport. They might not have given us free service to the airport-at least they gave us a discount on it.

Will definitely recommend this hotel. and given a chance to return to HCM-will book here again.

the only drawback was that I could not find the list of channels for their cable tv. I wanted to watch the NBA finals-did not know if they carried it or i just could not find the channel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Man N, General Manager at Silverland Central - Tan Hai Long Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Pinaylondon,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to hear that you experienced every single service touch we provided. We wish to offer personal service to make guest feel comfortable and taken care of. And I am also proud to read your comments on the staff performance. I will share among the Team as an encouragement.

Some how, there are things those we need to change to improve the quality of service and I appreciate to all of your constructive feedback.

Again, thanks for your detailed review and look forward to welcoming you back.

556 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel during our recent trip to HCMC. Well, if you like shopping at Ben Thanh Market (which was what we did!), then this is the hotel for you. Voted as one of the top 10 three star hotel in HCMC, its just a stone throw away from the market. To my delight, the room was spacious, bright and comfortable. We stayed on the second floor facing the park and the room has good sound proof as I can't hear the noise coming from the bustling traffic below. You can also see Bitexco Tower from the room which was a nice sight of modern Vietnam. The staff at the hotel were friendly and are ready to assist you anytime. They can also speak reasonably good English which makes communication easier. Breakfast is good for a three star hotel with western and local spread to choose from. What we also like is the central location of this hotel to many places of interest in HCMC. You can walk if you want but we took the taxi (which was cheap, using meter) to the places we visited. Overall, we were very satisfied with our stay and will surely consider staying at this hotel again the next time we return to HCMC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Man N, General Manager at Silverland Central - Tan Hai Long Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Terence L,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience on recent stay at Silverland Central Hotel & Spa.

I am very happy while reading your review and hearing that you overall satisfied with all services. I also appreciate your kind words on the staff performance and buffet breakfast.

I do hope to have another chance to welcome you back in the future.

Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had a good and comfortable stay at this hotel. The beds were comfortable, the sheets pristine white, the bathrooms large and clean, the staff were friendly and efficient. But best of all, it was in the heart of the tourist and shopping district: walking distance to the central market and to landmarks and tourist places like the Notre Dame cathedral and the War Museum.

There was just a couple of things: 1) although the airconditioning in the rooms of our companions were all working fine, we couldn't seem to get our room to cool to our satisfaction during this hot summer month. Something seemed wrong with the thermostat in our room, and the maintenance people couldn't seem to fix it either. 2)It was hard to put on make-up as there was not enough lighting above any of the mirrors.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Man N, General Manager at Silverland Central - Tan Hai Long Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Vinchu L,

I am glad to know that you had a good and comfortable stay at our hotel. I also happy to hear that you have found our staff were friendly and efficient.

Regarding the air conditioner and lightning issue, I have personal work with our Engineering to seek out the best solution to avoid those and we shall apply the change soon.

Thank you very much for your kind words and if your travel plans bring you back to HCMC kindly contact me so I can take care of your booking personally.
Yours sincerely,

Hong Kong / Kelowna, BC, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Friendly Reminder: This place is not to be confused with Grand Silverland and Silverland Hotel and Spa. I found this to be very misleading, almost to an extent I think this is false advertising. I booked this hotel on Hotelclub.com under the name of "Silverland Central" hotel, when I arrived at Saigon Airport, none of the Taxi drivers have heard about it, and one driver end up driving us to the Grand Silverland, not once on hotelclub.com description does it mentioned the name "Tai Hai Long" and when you type in silverland central on tripadvisor, it yields no results.

The picture that this hotel uses on all the booking sites are very deceiving as well, the picture is showing merely a landmark nearby rather than the hotel exterior it self, rooms are no where near what the pictures claims to be. But if you put the false advertising aside, this is a decent place to spend a night or two.

Location:

Great. It is right next to the central market and within walking distant to most major shopping mall in district 1 of Saigon. It is not like you'll do any upscale shopping here as brand names are atleast 30% more expensive than Hong Kong. You're also within walking distance to places like the Cathedral, war museum and the famous central post office, no more than 20mins walk to those places.

Security:

Saigon is not known for great security, is always good to have basic precautions. I didn't encounter any major events that comprises my safety during my stay, the only down side is that the lift doesn't have floor lock, meaning that anyone can take the lift up to the residential floors.

Services:

Above Average. One staff in particular stands out among the rest, I cannot recall his name, but he is energetic and very helpful. Other staffs are great too, always wears a smile (although a very tired one) and accommodates needs promptly, I cannot complaint about the level of services being provided here, since it is rather not bad.

Rooms:

I booked myself the Suite and upon check-in they upgraded me to a more luxury suite. Well, that is nowhere near what I expect in a luxury suite: the room size is okay, with a nice view out the city, a Jacuzzi type bath in room but wasn't working properly. The decor doesn't look anywhere near a suite standard, not even a 3 stars one. The bed is comfortable and the room is clean.

Hotel Facility and Dinning:

Daily breakfast buffet is included in your rate, this breakfast buffet is so big you can call it a lunch buffet really, food selection was great, taste was okay, nothing spectacular. There are no facility in this place except for the Spa on first floor, they are doing a 50% off promotion on some of the items, but we haven't got the time to try it.

Cleanliness:

My girlfriend and I saw 2 giant cockroaches roaming on the bread at the breakfast buffet, one of the waiter saw it too but he just smiles at us and moves away, with no intention to replace the contaminated breads, very unprofessional. Other than that, the room is clean.

Will I recommend this hotel: Well, if the price is right.

Tips:

1) If you don't feel like walking or taking a taxi all the time, you can rent a motorbike for USD$7/day from across the street. Bike rental company will usually detain your passport, if you don't want that to happen, bring along your international drivers licenses for them to detain. The hotel will provide you with complementary parking for motorbike.

2) Hotel wide WIFI is available and is preatty reliable. However, should you want to use internet outside of the hotel, you may buy a simcard at the airport that costs 100k to 150k VND, and it gives you unlimited internet for 30days (600MB limit with no speed restrictions)

3) don't get fool by the district names, distance between districts can be very far, for example it takes about 25mins by taxi to get to district 2, ask the front desk for exact distance before heading out to another district.

4) Fancy a cold drink? there is this local store just right next to the hotel that sells a large variety of drinks only for 10K/each.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Man N, General Manager at Silverland Central - Tan Hai Long Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Crossingtheglobe,

Thank you for your review.

While I am taking note of your very constructive feedback, I am happy to learn that you are able to return and recommend our hotel. I also appreciate your kind words on the hotel location.

To respond to your feedback on the misleading of the hotel's name. I would like to inform that the Tan Hai Long is a name of the Company and the Silverland is a brand name such as "Grand Silverland " belongs to Tan Hai Long 5, "Silverland Hotel & Spa" belongs to Tan Hai Long 2 and "Silverland Central" belongs to Tan Hai Long 1. We also have another two of Silverlands those are "Silverland Boutique" and "Silverland Inn". Each Silverland is located in a different part of district 01. Our Silverland brand name is only 01 year old so we still have a lot of work to make it popular. I understand how confuse it is and we are doing our best to reduce the misleading as you have mentioned.

Again, thank you for you review and if you have a chance to return Saigon, please contact me so I will have a chance to take care of your booking personally.

gm@tanhailonghotel.com.vn
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had four wonderful days staying at this hotel. It's within walking distance of most attractions. The staff are friendly and professional and there is a great breakfast. The markets are right next door and were good for a bargain. We walked to the river and did a short cruise, then later on did a dinner cruise. We both enjoyed the Water Puppets even though we didn't understand a word, it didn't matter.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Man N, General Manager at Silverland Central - Tan Hai Long Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Colleen13291,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

We are so happy to know that you had four wonderful days staying at our hotel. I am also proud to know that you have found our staff are friendly and professional. I appreciate your good comment on our buffet breakfast (compare to some previous reviews) but we still got a plan to make it better and we hope that when we have a chance to welcome you back at the hotel that will surprise you.

Again, thanks for your kind words and if your travel plans bring you back to HCMC kindly contact me so I can take care of your booking personally.
Yours sincerely ,

Waikato
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed in this hotel twice for 2 days each time in May 2013. This hotel is well situated, its clean, good service and excellent range of foods for breakfast. The rooms are reasonably well soundproofed, there is some road noise but that was minimal and not disturbing. Good air-con, and good wifi. On both occasions we had a deluxe room. Apparently deluxe means you get a window, where the superior room may not have windows. The hotel has two parts, an older tower (room numbers with an A), and a newer one (room numbers B). We stayed in both towers. The newer tower is definitely better. Our B tower room was a little larger, and the bathroom is a lot larger. The bathroom in our A tower room was really quite small and could only be used by one person at a time. We got the A tower room on the 2nd visit and were initially disappointed compareed to theroom we had previously. We would recommend the hotel, especially the new tower.
I have rated the B tower room in my asessment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new tower. Not all rooms have windows.