“Fits the bill nicely” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bizu Hotel

You added Bizu Hotel to your Saves list
Bizu Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   198 Bui Vien | Phuong Pham Ngu Lao, Quan 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (Formerly Viet Nghi Hotel)   |
Ranked #81 of 383 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Cornwall
“Fits the bill nicely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Like previous comments this hotel has a good location in district 1 on a busy, busy tourist street full of bars and restaurants which are cheap and aimed at westerners.

The service is not as personalised as other hotels I stayed in during my vietnam trip but still good for example when you have a request such as a room to shower and rest in when you have a few hours to spare before your flight they immediately oblige.

Breakfast is taken next door and you get given a voucher to fill out for each day, the breakfast room is not massive, seats roughly a dozen so get there with plenty of time if you have a trip to go on.

I think I slept the best here on my whole three week trip!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last week for 3 nights with my parents. I was amazing because the service was tip top. Before coming to HCM, i contacted the hotel facebook regarding some issues with the tour because we're muslims and concerned of the food. And they answer it by forwarding to their GM.

The GM Ms Jerry was amazing because she really concern and explain what options do i have for breakfast and even asked me to suggest simple menu so they can cook for their guest because they have a lot of guest like me (muslim).

When I arrived, the porter service was good, very welcoming. And the room that we get was so good because it was on the 5th floor facing the road. We practically can view the surrounding area and the lively Bui Vien Street.

Most of other fellow Malaysian were staying nearby Ben Thanh Market, but because we booked through Airasiago.com we got this hotel. And I can't be thankful enough because I love the surrounding area. there's 24 hours mini mart in front of the hotel, there's wifi service in the hotel, 2 computer in the lobby for guest to use it, the room was clean and big enough for us, the bathroom was clean, and the room service was marvelous. the cleaner cleaned our room everyday, and provide new soap and other toiletries every day. the bed was comfy and the reservation staff was friendly and helpful. she gave us the list of nearby halal restaurant for us and a map as guidance.

if you love lively nnights, you would love this hotel because of its location. it's only 15 minutes walk to ben thanh market and if you walk at night, you get the chance to experience the lively-ness of the city. bars and street hawkers just amazing.

Room Tip: if you're travelling in 3 pax, and prefer staying in one room, choose deluxe room, if possible r...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jakarta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and 3 nights.
Location in the Bui Vien in Ho Chi Minh City. Location at a small backpacker with heavy road traffic.
My room reservation directly via e-mail to this hotel, and my message to Superior Room USD 28/night rate. When a reservation, the hotel room image display options.
And unfortunately, I get the rooms are not the same as in their photos in an e-mail (lower level).
I'll have a room with large windows, but while there, I was just given a room with a small window. Too bad I can not show e-mail, so I can not give more opinions.

Please be carefull and make sure your room.

I also only given one voucher breakfast, whereas in the e-mail provided information supplied breakfast for 2 people. I was told if my friends would follow, but still not given extra.

The hotel is actually quite interesting.
My advice, each room per day given free bottles of mineral water. Because I think the price per night hotel offered also not cheap. And it does not have to pay for a bottle of mineral water.

Rooms are only 3 rooms per floor, and sometimes quite disturbed with the noise next door.

Room Tip: room with window but pay more, make sure again big window or just small window.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

SIAGON MINI 6 HOTEL
From the moment we were greeted with cold water bottles to the moment they organized an airport cab for us, we had an amazing stay at Saigon mini 6.

ROOM:

The room wasn’t big but it was impeccably clean. The TV worked (yes, an after thought for most travelers but after living in SEA for sometime, one starts to miss bad American movies) and the showers were big and hot. The bed was the highlight, fluffy down comforter, and large soft mattress.

STAFF:

The customer service is where Saigon mini shined. There were no issues with the rooms or reservations but this did not stop them from being exceptionally helpful. We did not spend much time in the hotel, but every time we walked out, the reception would remind us to be very mindful of our belongings, giving off a genuine feeling of concern for our well-being; a memorable small touch.

LOCATION:

Saigon mini is on Duong Bui Vien, a main drag for backpackers and close to a great activity filled park. You want to walk around district 1 no matter where you stay, but being close to so many amenities was a perk (i.e. getting back to the hotel and being able to grab a Tiger across the street from a mini mart).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived we were actually immediately transferred into the 'mini 5' right next door to the 6 which we had originally booked.

I can't compare it to the 6 because we never went in, but the hotel was fine for the price. Big room, old bathroom with a poor shower but air con worked well and considering we were on one of the busiest roads in Saigon, it was pretty quiet.

It's a basic hotel but if you just need somewhere to crash then it's fine....you get what you pay for. Staff on the front desk are good and will help you where they can.

If you are there on a party holiday then it's perfect since all the bars etc are right on your doorstep. If you're wanting things a bit quiter there may be better hotels away from this road.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This place was clean with comfortable beds and good showers. The staff are friendly and helpful. It's close to attractions and the street has a good vibe and yet the rooms are quiet. The mini mart across the road is very useful especially since one has a bar fridge in the room.

Room Tip: There are lots of options for breakfast on the streets close by.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

great hotel in district 1 at very low price. Clean rooms, nice bathroom and great staff. It's excellent place to stay in Saigon at low price. I reccomend it for all backpackers who does not like dirty towels or dormitory rooms.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bizu Hotel? Share your experiences!