“Great place to dine and have some drinks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Xu Restaurant Lounge

Xu Restaurant Lounge
75 Hai Ba Trung Street District 1 | Near Hyatt, Caravelle, Sheraton & Intercontinental Hotels, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
+848 38248468
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #83 of 1,744 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Milan, Italy
“Great place to dine and have some drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Very good fusion kitchen, great quality and wine list very nice.
All with a very good service in a very nice location.

Visited May 2014
XuSaigon, Sales & Marketing at Xu Restaurant Lounge, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear giacusa,

Thank you so much for your visit and your great review! We're glad to hear that you did enjoyed everything at Xu. We do hope to welcome you back with warmest greeting. Wish you all the best!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Bad attitude Xu Restaurant Lounge”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I came to Xu Restaurant Lounge last week for drinks and to be honest, I don't like this place at all. They discriminate and had bad attitude to their customers. They refused the guests and excuse by dress code which is very unprofessional explanation. Are boot called sandals or slippers? Or are Jean, T-shirt called impolite at a bar? I cannot believe this is the way they explain to their customers after all. This is not the way they should do service. They think they are high-end but bad attitude to any customers does not make them high-end in service industry. This just makes me stop sending the potential guests to them or stop recommending all my friends to go there. I would love to enjoy drinks at Hyatt where has the same price, excellent cocktails, services rather than going to Xu Restaurant Lounge. Finally, I hope no one will have bad experience like me but in order to avoid this, I highly recommend NOT to go to Xu Restaurant Lounge. Saigon has a lot of other amazing places to enjoy than here.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
XuSaigon, Sales & Marketing at Xu Restaurant Lounge, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Hi Quyenphan,

Yes, there are a lot of amazing places in Saigon. And Xu definitely has its own value and attraction.

Any places have their own rules and Xu do has too. Dress code is one of them (no sandals, no singlets, no shorts). We do believe that our assistant manager, who stopped you, has enough knowledge to distinguish which is boots which is slippers/sandals and has enough professional skill to give tactful explanation when customer has wrong dress code. And another reason we stop customer is because Xu’s Lounge is full and we have to ensure our service, not overload.

Sorry for inconvenience occurred to you anyway.

Thanks,
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Good place for drinks after work & romantic dinner on special day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I've been at Xu many times in a week after work to enjoy Half priced drinks there as the cocktails so nice- the best cocktails compared with reasonable price in town- from my view. And I also go up for dinner sometimes at the weekend. The restaurant is quite busy and it should be make a reservation if you want to enjoy the dinner here. I & my friends ordered 3 course set tasting menu matching wines. The food was great, the portion is small with variety kind of dishes per course and I love the way they do. It called 3 course but you can try 3 kind of appetizer, 3 kind of main course and 4 small bite of desserts. It was perfect to me. I'll bring my friends and my clients here for any informal meeting for sure.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
XuSaigon, Sales & Marketing at Xu Restaurant Lounge, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Giang P,

Thank you so much for your patron and your love to Xu. We're glad to read your great review. It encourages our teams so much. Thank you again. Do hope to welcome you back with warmest greeting. Wish you all the best!

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Racists. I will stop anyone I know from going there.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I used to go a lot to Xu. A lot. I was regularly there in the evenings sipping whisky and listening to the live band. I even celebrated some events there, as part of my organization. That paid off that when they started to have a bouncer, I was allowed, when they would often stop vietnamese or mixed groups.

One year and a half have passed. I have lost weight, grown a beard and I have married. They don't recognize me and in consequence, me and my wife we are not allowed to get in.

No man can allow this rude treatment to his wife, couple or girlfriend. Do you want to be rated as a sex tourist and your wife as a prostitute? Who do they think they are?
They made a mistake. Both my organization and my wife's tourist corporation we are scratching off Xu from any tour or list of recommended places for our customers. And I will wait some days to consider filing a denounce to the police, as it is not the first place that was closed for not allowing locals to get in.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
XuSaigon, Sales & Marketing at Xu Restaurant Lounge, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Carlos D,

We know your feeling but your critical review is so harsh. We stop you and others not because of Vietnamese or local person.

First, Xu’s almost full at that time. We have to stop guests to access to ensure our service run well, not overload.

Second, Xu has dress code: smart casual. No sandals, no singlets, no short. We currently do strict action on this. Therefore, who doesn’t follow dress code, we will stop with nice explanation.

Third, After you remind our manager about you, he suddenly remember you and right away come to open the door but it seems like your wife get angry, ignore and go away.

Again, we don’t have racist action or class distinction. Maybe our action of stopping guests makes you misunderstanding but we don’t intent to hurt anyone, especially your wife and you, our old regular guest. Hope you understand. Wish you all the best!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Well done modern Thai fusion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Good romantic dinner with my wife, had the 5 course pre-fixe meal which was great (wished we had hunger for the 7 course). The manager Mr Loi was fantastic host.

Visited June 2014
XuSaigon, Sales & Marketing at Xu Restaurant Lounge, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear OrinLucas,

Thank you so much for your visit and your great review! We're glad to hear that you did had a great experience for your dinner at Xu. We will pass your compliment to Mr. Loi. But one thing we would like to say Xu is about modern Vietnamese cuisine. We do hope to welcome you back with warmest greeting. Wish you all the best!