“Hanoi City Palace - great service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hanoi City Palace Hotel

You added Hanoi City Palace Hotel to your Saves list
Hanoi City Palace Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   106 Hang Bong Street, Old Quarter | Hoan Kiem Dist, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam (Formerly Hanoi Elegance Sapphire Hotel)   |
Ranked #39 of 513 Hotels in Hanoi
Perth, Australia
“Hanoi City Palace - great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Great location, very clean and very good service.
Breakfast was fabulous, fresh fruit, omelettes, croissants etc - cooked to order daily.
Rooms are simple, linen good quality, pillows lovely and most of all rooms are clean and fresh. Most rooms are located at the rear of the building, these rooms are super quiet.
The service is brilliant, all staff members went out of their way to assist - recommend this small hotel to anyone. Will certainly stay here again next time!

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear of the building are quiet, away from the street noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The room that I stayed at this hotel is one of the best that I have stayed in all my holidays. The beds were comfortable and the housekeepers were incredibly efficient. The menu for breakfast was extensive with a good mix of western and local dishes. I would strongly recommend guests to try their fried noodles. It was very well cooked with lots of vegetables. The staff are all extremely friendly and honest as I had checked out of my room to go for a Halong Bay cruise and had left my gold chain on the bed. The staff made the effort to call my tour guide to inform me that they had found my gold chain and will keep it for me until I return to Hanoi. such honesty is truly commendable.
Location wise, the hotel is right at the heart of Hanoi which makes it easy for visitors to move and take in the various attractions that are spread out all over the city.
The only sore point about staying in this hotel is the rare occurrence of black outs which can be quite irritating. I hope they fix this problem as this hotel has lots of potential to be among the best in Hanoi.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Coolangatta, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and 3 kids (9,7 &4) initially stayed at the Hanoi City Palace after the hotel we had booked needed some renovations. We ended up there for 7 days and had a great stay. Unfortunately after a couple of days, my wife got rushed to hospital requiring emergency surgery (nothing to do with hotel or Vietnam, was gall stones and a gall bladder which had started to rupture). The hotel sent one of their staff with us to the hospital and he stayed there for several hours helping with our kids and with translations. Over the next few days the hotel staff went out of their way to help us in every way. The staff were very kind and friendly with our kids, playing with them whenever we passed through reception. They also were very helpful organising taxis and showing us good places to eat etc...The manager (I think his name is Mr Phong) was very nice and visited my wife in hospital and gave her a big bunch of flowers. He also gave my 4 year old son a toy to play with, as most of our time was up at the hospital. He was a very good and thoughtful manager, and all of his staff were caring and enthusiastic. The restaurant served really good breakfasts, all the rooms were nice and modern and well serviced. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with confidence that they would have a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed at the Hanoi City Palace hotel for two weeks to use it as a base to visit Hanoi and other sites in Northern Vietnam.
Hanoi City Palace is centrally located at 106 Hang Bong in the old quarter, staff were all excellent with Phong the manager extremely helpful with side trip bookings at the best prices. A full multi-course breakfast is included in the tariff and is more than enough to keep you going for most of the day, complimentary water and fruit are provided in the rooms daily.
Rooms are individually air conditioned, they were cleaned daily with fresh towels provided.
The personalised service provided by all staff make this an outstanding place to stay. I would completely recommend the Hanoi City Palace to anyone wanting to stay in Hanoi for a visit.

Room Tip: The recommendation for all hotels in Hanoi is to ask for a room with an external window.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have traveled a lot in the past 3 years and without a doubt the service I received at Hanoi City Palace Hotel was the best I've ever received. The hotel is in a good location, is very comfortable and clean. The breakfast is great with an extensive range of freshly cooked food which is cooked in front of you. Its a perfect start to the day.

But the best thing about this hotel is the service. All the staff from the porters to the manager are a pleasure to deal with. I've never experienced this kind of service before. The staff and especially the manager Mr. Pham made me feel so comfortable and welcome, it was like being at home. I promise that you will receive 5* service at this hotel. I loved the fact that the manager and staff escorted me to my waiting taxi when I was leaving to see me off and thank me with a genuine smile. That's another thing about Mr Pham, he is so genuine, Its obvious he really cares his customers have a great experience at his hotel.

The hotel is centrally located in the old town, within walking distance to many attractions and restaurants. The staff can arrange all tours and onward travel for you including trips to Halong Bay and Sapa.

So in summary, this is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in and definitely has the best service I've ever experienced. I look forward to returning here someday and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Some rooms have internal windows which can be a good thing as they are quite. But if you prefer natu...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Really excellent and friendly staff who were helpful above and beyond the call of duty. Clean and quiet rooms. Great location. When we came back here after a trip up to Ha Giang and they were full they sorted us out with another really good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We felt very much at home here....the staff were wonderful, always smiling and nothing was too much trouble. After 3 nights we moved to the other end of town to a larger more expensive hotel just to be closer to all the museums. We wish we hadn't...! The staff there did not make us feel welcome at all. The room while larger was not as nice.
Well done Hanoi City Palace...keep up the good work. We will certainly recomend you to others!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hanoi City Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!