river cruise down the makong w/ uniworld started here. fly in a day early. b & b $ gold silk 190 and worth every penny. walking into the hotel i faced a huge xmas tree in a bright and cheerful lobby. the desk staff were helpful and efficient. my room was an enormous suite w/ white walls, dark wood and soft golden silk decor. restful. sofa, 40" flat screen and comfortable king size bed. fresh fruit in jackets (to prevent illness) a welcome treat. large balcony overlooking pool. provided soothing views of the lake and colourful sun rises and sunsets. even the rain was warm.
front desk provided a taxi who drove me to the silk market. the driver accompanied me and translated. a great help. silk sellers warm and friendly. no pushy sales people. heads up: no fitting rooms. bought a long dress, short dress, trousers and top in high quality silk for under $100. driver took me back to hotel. w/ generous tip taxi and driver for half day about $30.
breakfast buffet to die for. huge islands of fresh fruit and breads. really liked jaq fruit and dragon fruit. buffet offered american and vietnamese delights. fresh omelette bar. i had pho every morn, but i live in vancouver where oriental food abounds, great pho! if you like starbucks -- try vetnamese coffee. dark and delicious. buffet served in spacious room overlooking the lake. so big i forgot where i'd sat the first morn. very pleasant. staff attentive.
front desk provided money exchange (no fee), mailed postcards, and gave helpful service and directions. walked around hotel and found a temple complex (across from front driveway) where the natives practiced tai chi in the morn. bring camera. hotel highly reccommended.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hanoi Westlake Hotel Hanoi
- Intercontinental Hanoi Westlake Hotel
- Intercontinental Hanoi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental Westlake Hanoi overlooks the 800-year-old Golden Lotus Pagoda on Hanoi's largest lake. It is the only hotel in Vietnam to be featured on CondÃ© Nast Traveler s 2008 Hot List, garnering the honour for a sublime waterfront locale. The historic city centre is within a 10-minute ride, as is a wide range of shopping and cultural venues. The hotel is just 40 minutes by taxi from Noi Bai International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Agoda, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Hanoi Westlake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.