“A good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #231 of 506 Hotels in Hanoi
Berlin, Germany
“A good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for almost one week. All in all we enjoyed the stay. In the beginning we did not get the twin room we booked, so we had to change the room after 2 nights. The reason they gave us was made up for sure, but we were not in the complaining mood. The family that runs the hotel is nice and helpful. They even invited us to join them for Lunar New Years party and fireworks at Hoan Kiem Lake.
Here is one advice of mine: don't let yourself be hold off by the outer appearance of the cookingkitchen right next door - we had the Laù with seafood and it was great!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Nijmegen, Gelderland, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Hanoi Street hotel is a very nice familyhotel in the old quarter of hanoi.
Very spacious rooms, very clean, including a nice breakfast and affordable.
The family who owns the hotel is more than friendly! Although the hotel is in the old quarter you still have to walk aprox 10 minutes to the Hoan Kiem Lake. Just around the corner you will find one of the best streetfood of Hanoi (seafood)

• Stayed March 2013
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed here when I visited Hanoi in December last year. I love the location, tucked away in a laneway full of eateries. The owner and her family were welcoming and made you feel at home. She invited me to eat breakfast with the family every morning, and when I was sick one day made me rice porridge and orange juice at no extra cost. Also booked the Sapa tour for me.

Rooms were clean, well-maintained. Like the quiet location, woke up to the sound of birds chirping. Only slight hitch was power went out a couple of times on the first night. Overall highly recommended at a reasonable price.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed here a few nights in April, and we were impressed to say the least. The family were so nice, and did everything to make sure we were happy.
I noticed a few comments saying it wasn't a central location, but my impression of Hanoi was that there wasn't really much of a centre anyway. It's just a few minutes from the lake on Cim Chi st which is pretty amazing, and we found ourselves walking in a different direction every evening to eat so location-wise, it couldn't have been better for us.

I think they did try to sell us a tour at some point but they weren't pushy at all and it actually did seem pretty good value to be fair!

Bringing back such happy memories writing this!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Hi everyone in Hanoi Street Hotel, I write this review to express my biggest thanks to you. I have had a great holiday with my family. The room is very clean, good breakfast, thanks for free drink and fresh fruit after our long trips to Halong Bay, and Sapa.

I would like to highly recommend for people to stay at this hotel. Come to stay and feel the hospitality of staffs at Hanoi Street Hotel, they are extremely friendly and helpful. Ah, They also provide very good tour programs with flexible prices.

If I have more chance to go back to Hanoi, definitely I will come to stay here again. :)
Lots of love from Finland!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Quezon City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel on a travel agency in Saigon so I was hoping I made a right choice. I am not happy with my stay there! It's a bit pricey with the kind of service and facilities they provide, they charge usd35 per night,  not worth it since I can get that rate from other hotel with better service. For me, location is a bit far from old quarter which is 15 minute walk from the lake, hard to find also since it's located in the alley. Restaurant has 2 tables only, so the reception will set up a table outside and made you eat there while motorcycles are passing by. And they charge extremely high on airport pick up only for usd25. They don't allow late check-out, strictly at 12nn. I regret staying at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I would like to share this.I'm MK Lim from Malaysia. We recently visited Hanoi and here would like to express our appreciation and a big thank you to the proprietor and staff of this Hotel for the excellent service extended to us during our trip to Hanoi recently. May your business prosper and hope to visit again soon. Again a big thank you.
Yours truly
MK Lim & Family.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hanoi Street Hotel? Share your experiences!