“Amazing value incredible service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE PICK UP/35% OFF ROOM
Ranked #30 of 501 Hotels in Hanoi
Leeds
“Amazing value incredible service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

If your looking for a good value, clean hotel as a base in Hanoi this is perfect.
The service is the highlight here, they go above and beyond wherever they can.
The hotel made our stay in Hanoi and our excursions to Sapa and Ha Long so easy and comfortable by offering us a room to freshen up either side of the trips, early check-ins at 6am with tea and coffee waiting and bag storage. When we left they even sent someone with us to put us on the train and carry our bags!

Don't get me wrong there are nicer hotels but when you consider the price and service, its a bargain!

Highly recommended and a special mention to David who made our stay excellent!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Holiday Gold hotel is a nice hotel with a perfect location. It is clean and the staff are really friendly and helpful, they definitely make the hotel a pleasant place to stay. It is good value for money but is a little dated in places - especially the bathrooms and breakfast area. Having said that it is a good choice and you couldn't ask for a better spot to stay in Hanoi.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel is highly recommended. Good location, walking distance to some tourists spots like the Hoan Kiem Lake. The service is excellent. When we arrived, we were greeted with friendy smiles. David, Mina and the rest of the staff were very accomodating, hospitable, ensuring that all our needs were met. David and Mina gave us recommendations on where to go, eat, shop and how to get there. David helped us booked our Halong Bay cruise. Rooms are clean and well-maintained. The service they gave us is more than what we expected from a 2-star hotel. I am already looking forward to my next stay in this hotel on my next trip to Hanoi.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and instantly felt at home. The team at reception always greeted us with a smile and gave us tips on where to go and what do do depending on what the weather was doing. They also booked all our tours and onwards transport which turned out great. The rooms were always clean and the air con was really good, much better than other places we've stayed.

The most amazing part was when we left we checked out at 12pm and when and looked around the city, they then invited us back to the hotel at 6pm to have a shower then booked us a taxi to our train. They even went to the point of sending one of their staff with us to the train station to put us in our cabin to ensure we didn't get lost, scammed or end up on the wrong train. Next level service that you wouldn't even expect at a 5 star resort.

We all look forward to visiting again one day.

Cheer

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

It was my first time in Vietnam, I stayed in this nice hotel during my long time vacation. I was upgraded to a clean, spacious, nice room. I liked the hotel ehen I stepped first minute because they rreat to the gueast with warm welcome smile and helping hand. The place was well located in the city.
The staff was amazing. They were treating me more than a guest, I felt home away home. They were ready to help me in every way they could. I like the breakfast. I like friendly people who greet with a big smile in the morning. Hotel was really nice. I love it.
Next time, hanoi,,,,, this hotel will be always mh first in the list.
Hope to see all staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Modena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had the pleasure to stay in this hotel for 3 nights and to get the very important first impression of Vietnam. The crew at the reception welcomed us with a big smile and a fresh welcome drink. We felt at home at once. David and Mina always gave us precious hints where to go and what to do. Room are very clean and spacious. We stayed in room 103 (first floor), no window but good airconditioning and very quite.The staff organised our trip to Halong Bay and even the train to Hue. You can change money at the hotel and give laundry. Breakfast ist just the way it has to be: big choice and great portions! We will surely recommend this hotel to our friends. The location is just great in the middle of the old town!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel is situated conveniently and blended with the local homes. We are just opposite a great coffe joint . You can get to see the Vietnamese people daily life and also to try their local food.

Of course, not forgetting those street vendors who sell drinks with low stools. My kids and I love to sit there and just watch people passing by. I have a printed version of English - Vietnamese paper with me and I did a crash course of Vietnamese with the street vendors. The room was good with a view (not to the city) but to the other apartments. The only regret was that there was NO lift as I was staying on the 5th floor which my kids loved climbing the spiral stairs. Each day we will walk up and down 3x and that's is surely a good way to lose weight.

I joined their 5-in-1 day tour and I expected to be a group tour and it turned out to be our family of four only. Neverthless, we have great fun. Weather was good and a fair amount of walking is required in the ancient village.

We were killing time on our last day and we walked into a SPA which I did my shoulder and back massage, and my wife and daughter did manicure and pedicure while my son played with computer game. Staff were friendly and always asked you about your day and trip etc. I did not joined their Halong Bay trip but went for the agency which was 6 units down the hotel. Please remember to ask for boat registration and insurance as you could have a peace of mind especially if you are travelling with kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Gold Hotel? Share your experiences!