“The best in Hanoi” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 497 Hotels in Hanoi
Copenhagen, Denmark
“The best in Hanoi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

It was my first time in Vietnam, I stayed in this nice hotel during my long time vacation. I was upgraded to a clean, spacious, nice room. I liked the hotel ehen I stepped first minute because they rreat to the gueast with warm welcome smile and helping hand. The place was well located in the city.
The staff was amazing. They were treating me more than a guest, I felt home away home. They were ready to help me in every way they could. I like the breakfast. I like friendly people who greet with a big smile in the morning. Hotel was really nice. I love it.
Next time, hanoi,,,,, this hotel will be always mh first in the list.
Hope to see all staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Modena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had the pleasure to stay in this hotel for 3 nights and to get the very important first impression of Vietnam. The crew at the reception welcomed us with a big smile and a fresh welcome drink. We felt at home at once. David and Mina always gave us precious hints where to go and what to do. Room are very clean and spacious. We stayed in room 103 (first floor), no window but good airconditioning and very quite.The staff organised our trip to Halong Bay and even the train to Hue. You can change money at the hotel and give laundry. Breakfast ist just the way it has to be: big choice and great portions! We will surely recommend this hotel to our friends. The location is just great in the middle of the old town!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel is situated conveniently and blended with the local homes. We are just opposite a great coffe joint . You can get to see the Vietnamese people daily life and also to try their local food.

Of course, not forgetting those street vendors who sell drinks with low stools. My kids and I love to sit there and just watch people passing by. I have a printed version of English - Vietnamese paper with me and I did a crash course of Vietnamese with the street vendors. The room was good with a view (not to the city) but to the other apartments. The only regret was that there was NO lift as I was staying on the 5th floor which my kids loved climbing the spiral stairs. Each day we will walk up and down 3x and that's is surely a good way to lose weight.

I joined their 5-in-1 day tour and I expected to be a group tour and it turned out to be our family of four only. Neverthless, we have great fun. Weather was good and a fair amount of walking is required in the ancient village.

We were killing time on our last day and we walked into a SPA which I did my shoulder and back massage, and my wife and daughter did manicure and pedicure while my son played with computer game. Staff were friendly and always asked you about your day and trip etc. I did not joined their Halong Bay trip but went for the agency which was 6 units down the hotel. Please remember to ask for boat registration and insurance as you could have a peace of mind especially if you are travelling with kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights. It was the perfect place for us for the start of our three weeks in Vietnam. Minh and the rest of the staff were very helpful in assisting and advising us on our trip. The hotel is located in the heart of the Old Quarter and so it is easy to get everywhere. The room was basic but comfortable and quiet. Very much recommended!

• Stayed June 2013
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Highly recommend this hotel. They have the best location, right next to the Old - quarter and the night market. The service was very nice and the staff was friendly. Breakfast, has a lot of selection. We stay here 2 nights. Took Halong Bay and Sapa trip from the counter. They gave us so good services. The rooms are so nice, clean and quiet. Helpful staffs with smiles. i would like to come back and stay here again and highly recommendation!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Friendly staff, spacious and clean rooms and comfortable beds. I was very happy with my stay at the Holiday Gold hotel. I went on 3 tours during my stay there (Halong Bay, Hoa Lu/Tam Coc and Perfume Pagoda) and they were great too. I also loved the fact that the rooms were cleaned every day. I will be returning to Holiday Gold in November for my next trip to wonderful Vietnam.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel few times dring our traveling through Vietnam. What to say .... We returned here every single time when we stayed in Hanoi, this hotel is very good choice. Staff is extreamly friendly and helpful; we felt like coming home.
Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, location is very good, walking distance to everything.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Holiday Gold Hotel? Share your experiences!