“Excellent value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Rising Dragon Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61 Hang Be St | Old Quarter, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #73 of 513 Hotels in Hanoi
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel and it was the perfect first contact with Hanoi as the staff is friendly and very helpful (maybe a little too overprotective). We wanted to book for Halong Bay, but the trip that they normally recommend was full and they worked very hard to find us a good deal. Nice location and breakfast. Rooms are convenient and clean, it was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my second visit to Hanoi. I was very disappointed the first time but this visit has definitely changed my outlook on Hanoi.
The staff here are excellent. Nothing is too much trouble. They are also kind and understanding as I am here on a Dental Holiday. They arranged day trips for me at short notice, chatted with me in excellent English and even gave me a lovely present just before I left.
The room is very clean, large enough for me and well serviced.
Breakfast was included in the very reasonable price. You can choose from Western or Asian food.
The road noise is not too bad at night, but then I am used to traffic noise.
I would recommend this hotel, which is close to The a Old Quarter, to people who want an enjoyable stay in Hanoi where they will be close to attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window, at the back.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is very good value for money and in a great location. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Breakfasts were very good. We were travelling with a 14 month old baby and they did everything they could to help.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor with a doors to a little balcony, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

24 Hang Ga Street. Staff were friendly and helpful. They take care of my luggage when I was away to Sapa and Ha Long Bay. They arange a room for my family and me to shower before going into night train to Sapa with a discount rate. Room is great and include breakfast(not a buffet style). Hotel location is good. less than 5 min walk to night market,near to train station,located in old quarter. Will I go back this hotel? definately yes

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel on a recommendation and weren't disappointed its rooms were big and clean and at $25 a night with breakfast can't complain the staff went out there way to help will go back there

Room Tip: Stayed in two rooms there and I found them both good one at the back and one at the front which was...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

No lift for a start and potentially 7 floors to climb. My mistake for not noticing when booking. Very nice staff and accommodating when we left 30 minutes after arriving. Our only reason for leaving was the very very hard bed and no alternative room to move too at midnight. Most definitely a 2 star hotel and has a good location.

Stayed March 2015
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

We stayed 3 nights at the Rising Dragon and thoroughly enjoyed it. The location is great on a side street in the old city, our room was very comfortable but best of all the staff were friendly and always willing to help. The roof top restaurant was great at the end of the day, I also had a cooking lesson with the chef Le Tuan, yum! Many thanks esp to Hieu Liverpool, hotel manager and Hieu, restaurant manager.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Rising Dragon Hotel? Share your experiences!