“The best sort of hotel staff” 5 of 5 stars

Rising Dragon Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61 Hang Be St | Old Quarter, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #73 of 506 Hotels in Hanoi
Derby, United Kingdom
“The best sort of hotel staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

The Rising Dragon is an old hotel somewhat showing its age but staffed by the kindest and most competent people you could wish for. They helped us sort problems from medical to phones,get to see the things we wanted to see,organised trips, organised plane tickets and hotel at our next destination and generally looked after us incredibly well. They're good fun too...the hotel itself is perfectly comfortable and in a great location in the old quarter of lovely Hanoi. Go there!

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the reception/breakfast area so the day starts early. And there's no lift.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Media R, Manager at Rising Dragon Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Christina,

Thank you for your recommendation. It is great that our team has impressed you with service quality and their genuine, caring attitude. I will pass your kind words on the entire staff to encourage them keep up their good job.

We are looking forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Tracy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We contacted Rising Dragon directly through their website and received great customer service right from the get go. We dealt with Tracy who arranged our tours (Halong Bay and Sapa trekking) and accommodation. She was incredibly helpful, suggesting itineraries for us and providing different options which we could select from to fit our budget. The hotel itself is right in amongst the hustle and bustle of the old quarter with loads of bars and restaurants close by. Our room was one of the nicest we've stayed in during our time in Vietnam and the staff were very accommodating - making recommendations for places to eat etc between our tours they provided breakfast and let us use spare rooms to catch up on sleep and to shower, all free of charge. Highly recommend this hotel.

Tip: we met a girl who had been scammed by the dodgy taxi drivers. They took her to a fake rising dragon hotel where she ended up having to pay significantly more for a crappy hotel. To avoid this from happening I would pre arrange a pick up from rising dragon directly. they were great at ararranging these pick ups for us and always had someone waiting for us at the airport/train station.

We went to Halong Bay and would recommend spending 2 nights there as it takes 4 hours to drive from Hanoi , so if you do the 1 night option you essentially only spend 12 hours on the boat and sleep for most of that time. We went with a company called Royal Heritage, booked through the hotel, food was amazing but would not decommdnd this tour provider. Expensive for what you get, we met some other travellers who went with a company called Castaways which sounded really good.

hope that helps!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Heidi,

Thank you very much for spending your time on sharing experience regarding your recent stay at Rising Dragon hotel.
I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed the hotel amenities, location and especially the staff. I also would highly appreciate your sight-seeing tips so that other tourists can make schedule for the trip in Vietnam.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back, and guarantee that the second stay will be as nice as the first one.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed for 2 days. We lost one file of travel documents while on our way to hotel from airport. Thanks to the very concerned and efficient staff, they tracked down the taxi and got our file back to us. We really appreciate their sincerity and honesty!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear mishtiyo,

I am extremely glad to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay in Rising Dragon hotel.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back with our undivided attention.

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Early November I made arrangements to stay in this hotel the day I left Hue for Hanoi on a night bus. Recommended in the Lonely Planet the fast and friendly reaction of Tracy Tran at sales made it easy to book. As I realised that my time for traveling was running out I was very pleased with the help she gave me making arrangements for a Halong Cruise and Sapa Trekking!
The hotel is simple and 'older' but clean and very convenient in the Hanoi Old Quarter!
With the friendly staff accommodating for early arrivals and evening departures by train a perfect place to be in downtown Hanoi! Although I was there 'only' 3 nights the memory is for much longer.

Room Tip: I was on the fourth floor (no elevator) with a spacious room at the front of the building.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Media R, Manager at Rising Dragon Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Menno,

Thank you so much for staying with Rising Dragon hotel and taking your time to share your experience on tripadvisor. I am so delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We are really looking forward your return so that we can show you more about our beautiful country.

Phitsanuloke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

After spent 5 days in Lao Cai and Sapa, I have a chance to stayed at The Rising Dragon Hotel in Hanoi for 2 nights. This is my second time of staying here after year
before last.

As I left Lao Cai by Night Train and arrived Hanoi early morning. I intend to leave my travelling bag with the Hotel and start visit the places near by until the check-in time

My first impressive is the hotel staff asked whether I have my breakfast yet, and offered me a complimentary breakfast.

When I came back to the hotel at around 11.00 a.m., Cindy let me check-in before time, she told me that my standard room booked is up on the fifth floor, It would be inconvenience for me as an elderly person to walk up and down, she decided to upgrade me to the Family room on the second floor, of course, very spacious, nicer decor with a computer set, and a private balcony without any extra charge.

More over, The Hotel also provide three computer set with Wi-fi and all day tea or coffee
at the dining area as complimentary.

All in all, measure by the room conditions, location, delicious breakfast and a friendly atmosphere of all hotel staff etc. with the room rates. I'll not hesitate to recommend The Rising Dragon Hotel to any budget traveller who come to visit Hanoi City.

Thank you very much to all Hotel staff, especially Cindy, you deserve to have my praise and more....

Room Tip: If you are a family of three, I would recommend room no.101
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Supol,

It was our great pleasure welcoming you back Rising Dragon hotel. As the guest's satisfaction is our utmost desire, I am happy to hear that your second stay with us is as enjoyable as the first one.

Thank you so much for choosing us again. Take care and all the best!

Seaford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Great place to stay and perfect location for exploring the old quarter. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Tracy was particularly helpful in organising our trip to Halong Bay and Ninh Binh, and she upgraded us to another Rising Dragon hotel when the hotel was full. The hotel is clean and the rooms are very comfortable. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kathy,

We are so delighted to hear that you have had a lovely stay with Rising Dragon hotel. Positive reviews help our staff understand that their hard work is not going unnoticed and it is a motivation for us to strive hard to keep up our good job.

We are looking forward to an opportunity to welcoming you back!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in the family suite, where they fitted a 4th bed. The room is spacious and clean, though the bathroom is a bit run down. Bedding is very firm, but very clean. Breakfast is good and filling up nicely before the start of the day. A real plus is that a computer with free Internet is available in the room for guests to use ! I had never seen that before in hotels. Staff is friendly and with a correct command of English.
The location is really good to explore the city, but of course a bit noisy (double glazing helps a lot in that case).

Room Tip: No elevators, so if climbing stairs is an issue, choose the 1st or second floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Floasingap,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write such a wonderful review regarding your stay at Rising Dragon hotel. We will pass on your kind words to our team and let them now that their good job is not going unnoticed.

Once again, thank you so much for choosing us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Tracy

Been to Rising Dragon Hotel? Share your experiences!