“Decent Cantonese food in Hanoi with a touch of service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #102 of 1,053 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Cantonese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Crystal Jade Palace featuring authentic Cantonese cuisine with highly personalized service. The restaurant will amaze you with a main dining room of 70 seats and 6 discreetly accessible, luxuriously appointed private dining rooms in contemporary Asian design.
Singapore, Singapore
“Decent Cantonese food in Hanoi with a touch of service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stay in JW Marriott for couple of times and this time was the longest. I virtually dine here almost on a daily basis for dinner. Thomas, the manager was very approachable and friendly. He knows that I dine there often and does get sick of the menu. So he will always come out with new ideas. When I am sick, I will ask him to prepare something light for me and he gets it done without overcharging me. He emphasize on service, tell him anything that is not done right and he will get it fix. No question asked. In terms of food quality, I would say its definitely not comparable to what you can get back in HK or Singapore, but here in Hanoi with the lack of ingredients, I think they did well.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
JWMarriottHotelHanoi, Manager at Crystal Jade Palace, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear maxng07,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your dining experience at our Crystal Jade Palace restaurant here on Tripadvisor.
It gives me great pleasure to learn that you, as a valuable repeat customer feel that our service staff is providing you with personalized service.
The kitchen team continuously works to source all the right ingredients and we feel that we made much progress in the last few months.
I am looking forward to meet you personally on your next visit.

• Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
“Memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The food was fresh and delicious! The atmosphere relaxing and the customer service top-notch! Thao made the entire night memorable. Friendly and courteous, she took the time to explain everything on the menu and provided recommendations that will bring me back for more!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
JWMarriottHotelHanoi, Manager at Crystal Jade Palace, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Brian C,
Thank you for sharing your experience in the French Grill here on Tripadvisor.
I was pleased to learn that you had a great experience and that both food and service met your expectation and made you want to visit us again.
We are looking forward to welcome you back!

Hanoi, Vietnam
“Terrific restaurant with Excellent dim sum lunch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Currently living in Hanoi as a westerner it is always a challenge to find good quality food with fresh ingredients, quality service, great atmosphere and a fantastic outlook.

Crystal Jade ticks all these boxes and some. The food is very fresh and fragrant. With a large Chinese menu and dim sum for lunch (make sure you book on the weekends!) Crystal Jade is a must for all tourists, travellers and residents who appreciate good food.

The world famous soupy pork dumplings are a must!

Located about 20 minutes from the tourist area it gives you an opportunity to see some great Hanoi ways of life while enroute.

Highly recommended for anyone looking for fresh and vibrant food that they can be assured is safe! I will continue to eat at Crystal jade once a week!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
JWMarriottHotelHanoi, Manager at Crystal Jade Palace, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear David W,
Thank you for your fantastic review of our Crystal Jade Palace restaurant.
I am pleased that we could win you over and will assure to meet you on one of your next visits to the restaurant. I passed your comments to both the kitchen and service team.
We are getting many positive comments about the food and it encourages the whole team to even try harder to get the word out about the restaurant.
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon!

“VIETNAMESE CANTONESE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

fresh ingredients.. best beef in town!! glass noodles were also very good.. must try the fresh apple juice here.. very attentive service..

Visited June 2014
JWMarriottHotelHanoi, Manager at Crystal Jade Palace, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Noor H,
Thank you for rating our Crystal Jade Palace restaurant.
I am glad to learn that you liked our food offerings and that the service lived up to your expectations.
We are looking forward to have the chance to welcome you again in the future!
goeran.soelter@marriott.com
“Chinese food as its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have tried and enjoyed Chinese food at many places around the world, and I must say this restaurant is my new found gem that I just have to rave and share with everyone I know. Authentic Chinese food, beautifully presented dishes that left you wanting for more. The dimsum is juicy and delicious. Beautiful restaurant within the new JW Marriott. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
JWMarriottHotelHanoi, Manager at Crystal Jade Palace, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Huyen D,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted that you are rating our food so highly and that you enjoyed the restaurant and its atmosphere. Both service and kitchen are led by native professionals who certainly add to the authenticity and we are happy that this is recognizable.
We are looking forward to welcome you again!