“Average hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of New Star Hotel Hanoi

and 1 more site!
You added New Star Hotel Hanoi to your Saves list
New Star Hotel Hanoi
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22/35 Quan Thanh | Ba Dinh Dist, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam (Formerly Crystal Hotel Hanoi)   |
Ranked #121 of 513 Hotels in Hanoi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Average hotel and what you would expect from the price range. It seemed a little ruff around the edges but it is a budget hotel. Very hot water in the shower but pressure kinda weak. Noisy from other guests inside. Breakfast was hit or miss. Elevator is a plus.Staff are all very nice. Good location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
NewStarhotel H, Manager at New Star Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Mr Dean,

We thank you very much for review on the Tripadvisor. Your review is big value for us to improve our selves.
During your stay, we tried to supply you all conditions how to make your stay would be pleasant. However, there were something happened. We are sorry about only hot water in the room because our technical man turned off water system for a while to check a hot tub in 1 room. After that, he was forgot to turn on cold water - only hot water. It was fixed after 1 hour because we checked again. But it was still week for 1 hour because of first start. It is unfortunately that you were in the room in that moment. It was also our fault in managing customer that they made the noise at the hall because they were drunk at this moment. We also received report from some more guests whose have been staying in the same floor with you. I'm sorry for
Anyway, we are so sorry for some uncomfortable during your stay. We wish you are doing well and happy in your life. We hope to see you again in Hanoi and if luckily, you will choose to stay with us again.

Best regards,

Thomas Nguyen,
Operation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We spent several days in Hanoi and stood at New Star Hotel. We chose this hotel because it has really good location in the centre of the city, near the Hoan Kiem Lake and the puppet theatre. The director Thomas helped us to book tickets for puppet show and for the trip to Halong bay, he showed us everything! We were really excited about kind and friendly staff in the hotel, we liked our nice room, our tasty breakfast, and we will never forget wonderful people that we met there! Thank you so much for your hospitality! Next time we will stay here again, it's for sure!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
NewStarhotel H, General Manager at New Star Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear Marina,

Firstly, we thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and using our services.
It was our pleasure and a great honor to welcome you at our hotel to supply you our best what we are being recommended on Tripadvisor. We also thank you for your great review on Tripadvisor. It is our big encourage to do our job. Once again, we are successful to take care of you, make you happy with our service. As you knew and have experienced, we always give guest the best conditions for their stay, recommend best tour company for them, responsible for their trips... We know very well that the key to make business to be successful is customer satisfaction. Because of that, we never stop promoting our selves by service and conditions of the hotel. That's why, after the old guest leaves, they introduce their friends come to us.
Once again, we thank you for your stay. We hope to get in touch with you and hope to see you again in Hanoi and stay at our hotel in the nearest future.

Your sincerely,

Thomas Nguyen,
Operation Manager
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is ideally located in Hanoi. It is very close to the center of town. What really made my stay terrific was the service. Thomas and Wall were fantastic! They helped me book a nice trip to Ha Long Bay. They also had great suggestions on things to do around town. The staff at the hotel was very attentive and thoughtful. No, not all of them speak English. That's ok with me. I was always able to get my point across. They were all very friendly. Breakfast was a very nice buffet. Just what I needed to start my day. I was very comfortable in my room when I was there which wasn't much. I wanted to see Hanoi! Any requests I had were taken care of very quickly. If you're visiting Hanoi, this is a great place to stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
NewStarhotel H, Manager at New Star Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Ross Madden,

Firstly, we thank you very very much to stay with us during your trip in Hanoi. Memory with you is great. We feel so proud to offer you the warmest service to you, to be with you in your birthday party and Karaoke. Our time was wonderful. When you check out, we were very sad to say goodbye. I wished you to stay with us as long as possible.
We also thank you for giving us 5 points review on Tripadvisor. We were successful to make you happy with our service. We never stop to improve our selves, promote our service and hotel's conditions. We will happy when you happy. We hope to see you again in our hotel in the nearest future.

Your sincerely,

Thomas Nguyen
Operation Director
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had such a wonderful time at this hotel. The location is perfect, just a 10 minutes walk to Hoan Kiem Lake. The room was very nice with the prices above our expectations,

Very nice staff and we must really thank you so much for Mr.Hoang Anh, " Ahn" he very helpful and take good care for our luggage and all his support during our trip. he is super awesome ;)

Maew Maew / Thailand

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Davao City, Davao City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

First time to travel Hanoi together with my friend. we find this place cozy and homey. The breakfast is good and delicious . The staff we're very helpful and courteous esp. "Thanh Ho'ang" who simply accommodated our request.We are recommending this 3 star for family and friends who wants to visit Hanoi esp. d Old Qtr. and Hoan Kiem district...we're looking forward to ne there coming summer. Ciao.

fr. Lucy B. and Mari Mae

Room Tip: if you want view choose with balcony and you can choose inner room for depeds on what you need most...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is the first time I travel to Hanoi from my homeland. I chose this hotel thanks to a friend's advise. I have to say this is a great decision because the hotel provided all what I need with a very acceptable price. The staff are really friendly and helpful. The hotel, although is tiny but clean and nice. I think it has just been rebuilt. My room is not very big but have a window and is well faciliated. Usually it makes me difficult to sleep in a strange place but this time it was totally different. The breakfast is also beyond expectation.
This is a business trip to Hanoi for me but I have many good experiences and New Star hotel is one of them. In December I will come back to Hanoi again and surely we will stay here again.

Room Tip: You must require a room with window. I think it's better.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

try this would be the best 3star hotel in hanoi!!!! recommended for lovers family outings nice cool location and well trained staff with the all day smile what ever you search they will brings them to your foot steps come and reserved your room now............ cheers!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to New Star Hotel Hanoi? Share your experiences!