“Incredible Staff” 5 of 5 stars

48 Hang Ga | Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam   |
Ranked #4 of 156 Specialty Lodging in Hanoi
“Incredible Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Hands down best customer service I've ever received, the staff went beyond the call of duty. David and Kim made my trip truly memorable...I wish I could've brought them back home with me because they treat me better than most of my friends do lol.
As for the property itself it could use a touch up here and there but honestly its a hostel and not a hotel so you have to keep that in mind. Also forgot to mention the breakfast in amazeballs! Thanks again for a memorable stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed here for one night and were delighted with our stay and experience. David was unbelievably helpful and sorted out all requests with a smile on his face. It really made the trip a lot easier. He booked train tickets and taxis for us and all at the correct price. The other staff were also helpful and friendly.
The room was basic but clean and the shower was nice. There is free coffee and fresh fruit in the lobby which is a nice touch. There is no wifi in the room but it is available for free in the lobby. Would highly recommended this hotel at just $20 a night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Brighouse, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The staff here are fantastic; they're friendly, helpful and professional. They'll sort out a decent taxi for you and let you know how much you should be paying and try to help if there's a problem.

However, there are negatives which mean if I was in Hanoi again I wouldn't go back. There's no WiFi in the rooms which is a shame. It comes through occasionally but never for very long. The dorm room on the ground floor is just off the lobby and the door blocks absolutely no noise which is annoying if you want to sleep after 8am or so. A couple of the rooms did seem a little damp (we ended up in a few different rooms depending on how many of us where there). I'm not sure if it was the weather and that's standard for the time of year or not.

Overall I'd say this place is OK, location is OK but not brilliant. It's the staff that make it a 4 star review rather than a 3 though.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I was living in Hanoi (an expat), but my apartment is about an hour away from the city as this is where I work. Whenever my travel buddy and I wanted to have a night in Hanoi city, we would have to stay in a hotel. He was obsessed with the backpackers, but I wanted something a bit quieter so I would go out and find little hotels to stay in on my own. I checked out many, but nothing was as good as tonys!!! Very friendly staff, clean rooms (private, might i add. IN another hotel the walls were so thin that i could hear the owner having a bath), nice provisions, ideal location and very cheap!
the staff and other guests were awesome!

booked a hop-on-hop-off bus with them that leaves today, all the way to Ho Chi Minh, so we'll see how that goes!

Room Tip: If you're a vegetarian (or a fruitarian like me), bring your own food or be prepared to eat else...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I had a wonderful stay here for 3 nights. The hotel is situated in a great location and the free breakfast and free fruit all day is a great bonus. What really stood out for me was the customer service from David and lily-nothing was too much trouble and they are genuinely such nice people. David in particular was fantastic-he sorted an issue out for me without any fuss and with grace-a very rare thing in Asia!! You would be silly to stay anywhere else. Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2014
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Great place to stay. The staff were welcoming and helpful, the rooms were clean, the beds were comfy and the bathroom had hot water, as long as you remembered to turn on the heater! Only got wifi in the lobby/dining area but it was decent, booked a tour and a sleeper bus through the hostel and both were good value and what I wanted. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

What a wonderful place.When I first arrived at Little Hanoi Hostel 1 I had just gotten off the night bus from Hue and was merely stopping through to visit some friends - my own reservation wasn't for another few days, after a journey that night to Sapa via night train. The staff was friendly, still offered me coffee, and let me store my bags there for the day until heading off that night. The above and beyond service began when I realized I did not, in fact, have a reservation for a night train - terrible surprise!! The desk attendant, DavidLuong Bui, heard me telling me friends and offered his help and sprang into action. After making multiple calls he managed to book the train I needed, despite it being last minute and the weekend. Incredible! He saved my trip to Sapa, which ended up being one of my favorite parts of Vietnam. Upon return to stay at the hostel I also booked my tour to Halong Bay through the hostel, in addition to enjoying both the dorm room and delicious breakfast. One of my favorite hostels in all of Vietnam! Definitely stay if you get the chance, and give my regards to David!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Little Hanoi Hostel? Share your experiences!