“Amazing 6 day motorbike tour northeast Vietnam” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #53 of 457 Activities in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Traveling around Vietnam by motorbike, seeing breathtaking landscapes, beautiful mountain passes, interesting historical relics, colorful, friendly and happy people...And being at the remote area where the local don't have enough food but they can give a lot of smiles...Gives us extremely special feeling and makes us love our country more! We would like to take you there to make you fall in love with Vietnam! Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert is always dedicated to the ideal that your motorcycle tours in Vietnam are truly the trips of your lifetime by revealing the hidden layers of the local Vietnamese culture, tasting and feeling the hidden beauty of Vietnam
Pakenham, Australia
“Amazing 6 day motorbike tour northeast Vietnam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We went riding on a six day, five night tour from Hanoi to Ha Giang in a circuit in January 2014. We went as a family group of six, plus one, which made it even better! (Thank you Bruno!). We all had a great time, the trip was very scenic and gave us a great look at Vietnamese life outside the city. The mountain scenery was spectacular, and the steep windy roads were a great place to ride.It was fun to see the village life too, and the villagers were very friendly. Our tour guides, Quynh and Kip, were fantastic. They looked after us very well, and were very knowledgeable about the regions culture and history, and had a great sense of humour. The food, coffee and beer everywhere was great! We really were well looked after! We stayed in homestays and hotels, and all were very good. While we rode every day, we also went on scenic, relaxing boat trips, and walked to the market. The whole trip was a great adventure, the guides were extremely helpful and good company, we would definitely do another trip with them. Chung who we arranged the trip with was also great. He was easy to communicate with and we booked the hotel in Hanoi and the Halong Bay trip with him, and everything was excellent. He took great care in making everything work out well. I would highly recommend them all! We had an amazing adventure and would love to go again!

Visited January 2014

Shanghai, China
“Totally Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I love motorcycling and I love getting up close and personal to new and exotic places - this will definitely go down as one of my most memorable adventures and proved a great bonding experience for me and my son.
We did a 3-day Northern Vietnam tour out of Hanoi from Feb 12 - Feb 14. The tour group was really professional, our guide was easy going and great to work with, the countryside was awesome, and the people we met along the way were so friendly and welcoming. The only downer was the weather, but given it was mid-Winter and we were travelling through the mountains, I can hardly hold that against anyone. In fact, the challenge of beating the weather deepened the richness of the experience, and it wasn't something that a couple of extra layers of clothes and a 1m length of plastic wrapped around each leg couldn't fix.
If I could visit Vietnam again in the warmer months, I'd definitely want to go for one of the longer rides; and I'd be bringing a few more mates along too. This is an experience that has to be shared.
If you're an outdoors sort of person and like going beyond the typical tourist hotspots, this is definitely for you.

Visited February 2014
Nowra, Australia
“The best week of Motorcycling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I can not say enough of our incredible bike tour. We did the Amazing Bike Tour with 2 other friends in November 2013, and we loved every second of it. Everything was simply incredible and every day had countless highlights; The roads, the home stays, the tours & sight-seeing, and especially all the people we met. It was brilliant. Oh, and the food......wow, it was so amazing!!! And not a single issue with getting sick.

We had virtually brand new Honda XR125's and they were great to ride. You don't need anything bigger for these tours. Our guide Chung was brilliant, great fun very easy to get along with. I can honestly say I could not have seen or experienced so much of this beautiful country without Chung.

We are planning to go back again this year to tour another region and will be taking more friends to share this very touching and enjoyable experience. Thoroughly recommended!!!!

Visited November 2013
“Awesome Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Alan and his team were absolutely amazing - I can't recommend this tour highly enough. I came from the USA with very little experience riding a motorcycle. My guide Chung took excellent care of me - from showing me riding techniques to ordering off the Vietnamese menus. The hotels and restaurant choices were great, and it was truly an unforgettable experience. I'm looking forward to my next motorbike trip soon! Many thanks to Alan and Chung for an unforgettable week in northern Vietnam.

Visited October 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Fantastic three day tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My two sons and I (a 60 and two 20 year olds) did a three day two night short tour. Our bikes were brand new XR125L Hondas which were perfectly suited to our trip. Our guide Tan spoke excellent english and led us out of Ha Noi into the countryside and over some excellent byroads through magnificent countryside in the hills and plains and along the lake. We overnighted at a home-stay village which was an excellent experience, and a hotel. As vegetarians we had excellent local food throughout the trip. Our goal for the trip was to experience and see the life of the Vietnamese culture away from the bustle of the city. Tan was very easygoing and a veritable wealth of information on culture, history and language. The riding was not challenging, anyone comfortable on a bike would be fine. Of bike gear we brought along our own jackets and gloves. Being January it was cool and misty in the mornings with warm days and we had no rain. Our route being mostly back-roads was away from heavy traffic which made it easy to relax and enjoy ourselves. I would love to do one of the company´s longer tours into the border regions with Laos and China, however we had short time, and this tour was a highlight of our time in Vietnam.

Visited January 2014