“Magnifique” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 983 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Inspired classics... The restaurant offers 82 seats in a simplistic modern design and lively setting, a semi-private and a private dining room, walk-in wine cooler with a selection of the finest wines in the world, and one of the largest open kitchen in Hanoi to complete this must see eatery in town. True French classics combined with the best to offer from the grill, prepared with the very best of products available in Vietnam. Open daily for dinner: 18:00 - 22:30
Sydney, Australia
“Magnifique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We came here with high expectations and they were certainly met!
The trip to the otherwise of town was certainly worth it,and if I had of done my research properly I would have also stayed at the marriot!

Now. The service and food was just brilliant and our maître de Jarron could not have put a foot wrong!!! In fact he made a night memorable and reminded me of why we pay this money for service!
Of course the food is just as important and the highlight was the foe de gras terrine- just heavenly
Even the chef came to our table to ensure we were satisfied ,which of course we were!

If you want somewhere special ,then I recommend this definitely!!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
JWMarriottHotelHanoi, Manager at French Grill, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Mrmrsmoon,
Thank you very much for sharing your dining experience in the French Grill.
It was great to learn that you found out about us via Tripadvisor and that we could deliver a memorable dinner.
I will pass your compliments to both Chef Raphael and Jaron.
Feel free to contact me directly should your travels bring you back to Hanoi. I would be delighted to assist you with any requirements you might have!

“All boxes ticked”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My partner and I had the lobster and snails for our appetizer, the lobster was cooked right in front of us at our table and the snails were whole and cooked in a stunna garlic butter.

For the mains we had the tuna and the slow cooked angus rib. Both were cooked spot on and both melted in the mouth nice and proper like ice cream in the sun. PERF.

The wine list is dope and the desert was truly extravagant.

If that wasn't enough the service from the staff is out of this world. All very knowledgable about the dishes and knew what to accompany everything with.

French Grill nailed it.

JWMarriottHotelHanoi, Manager at French Grill, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear reubsty,
Thank you very much for sharing your dining experience here on Tripadvisor.
I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed all the food. Our tableside cooking gets frequently mentioned and I am happy that you enjoyed it.
The service team of Mr. Minh and Chef Raphael's team constantly try to showcase their skills to our customers and it is great that this created a memorable experience for you!
We are looking forward to welcome you again should your travels bring you back to Hanoi!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Outstanding food & Services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I haven't stayed in this Hotel, but researched the information and got recommendation from tripadvisor member about this attraction so I decided to try the food here before come back home. The food taste was fantastic especially Rougie Duck, staffs was so cute, very professional, speak good English. I have talk with Hanh, the restaurant waitress (probably she recognized I come alone) who very attentive & helpful, she was great taking care of me through my dinner in the restaurant, that was so kind of you Hanh, thanks to the kind girl and hope to see you in the restaurant on my return!!!

Visited June 2014
Dear Nancy P,
Thank you very much for reviewing our French Grill here on Tripadvisor.
It was great to learn that you found out about our restaurant here on the site and that we were able to deliver our promise. I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall dinner experience and in particular the Rougie Duck.
I have passed your kind comments to our restaurant manager about Hanh and I am sure this will serve as a motivation for the whole team.
We are looking forward to welcome you again soon!

“Great food experience ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

If you're a bit unsure where to eat, this is the perfect place. The food was amazing, the service was perfect and the view overlooking Hanoi just made the whole the experience special.

Dear jarryd t,
Thank you very much for sharing your dining experience in the French Grill.
It was great to learn that you had a beautiful meal and that both food and service met your expectation.
We are looking forward to hopefully welcome you again!

Newport, United Kingdom
“Nice Staffs & Delicious Foods”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The restaurant had quite nice view from inside, the foods here was great look & delicious, long list of drink & wine selection, the staffs here was very friendly and attentive especially Hanh. Thanks for your care!

Visited June 2014
Dear Patricia W,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your dining experience here on Tripadvisor.
I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your dinner and that service and food were memorable.
I passed your praise for Hanh onto the restaurant manager.
We are looking forward to hopefully welcome you back to the French Grill should your travels bring you back to beautiful Hanoi.