“Fabulous in any city!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European, Australian, International, Gastropub
Alexandria, Virginia
“Fabulous in any city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

After 3 weeks in SE Asia we were looking for any taste of home. We would've been content with mediocre western food but were very pleasantly surprised by great food and a very friendly staff. If this restaurant were in my hometown I would frequent it weekly. Arguably the best burger I ever had.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
072612z, Owner at the Moose & Roo Pub & Grill, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for a such a nice review, very flattering. Glad we met your needs.

Keith

“Absolutely gorgeous food. Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Due to the high TripAdvisor review we said we would give this restaurant a try. It exceeded my expectations and I found the prices of the food to be reasonable. I got a brisket sandwich with poutine fries and my partner got breaded fish with fries. Both dishes were so good. I would really recommend this restaurant to anyone missing western food. The staff were great too and the restaurant was buzzing.

072612z, Owner at the Moose & Roo Pub & Grill, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you very much for such a nice review. We really appreciate all the kind words.
Sydney, Australia
“Overrated + Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Have had much better burgers elsewhere but perhaps this is good for Hanoi. Dry meat and a dry bun. I'm not sure how this could possibly be ranked #2 on TA but maybe they were just having an off day. Will give them another go when I am next in Hanoi.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
072612z, Manager at the Moose & Roo Pub & Grill, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectations. As you can see we usually have guests leave quite happy but as you said maybe we had an off day. We do hope that you come back to see us when you return to Hanoi and let us show what we excel at. We appreciate your honest comments.

Dromana, Australia
“Good for a Grubchange”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

If you're hankering after food from the homeland, like my in-laws were then, this place is excellent. I personally wouldn't have gone there, but once there the food and service were good. It wasn't cheap but not outrageous either and I suppose if you want a burger and to be able to watch the footy and enjoy a beer then this joint is ideal.

Visited January 2014
072612z, Owner at the Moose & Roo Pub & Grill, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Glad to hear your in-laws talked you into coming. Thanks for posting such nice comments.

“Absolute gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Ate here twice during our stay in Hanoi. The food is simply amazing. Go on a Sunday if you can - Sunday roast was one of the best I've had. A real gem right in the old quarter.

Thanks for your kind words. Our Sunday roast are becoming very popular thanks to our Head Chef Richie.