“Great place to eat” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Tokyo, Japan
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

A great experience at the restaurant. We stumbled upon it by accident and after remembering it had had good reviews we decided to check it out. Great selection of curries from around the world. Staff were friendly helpful and well mannered. Food was served quickly and tasted delicious. A great place to eat while in Hanoi. Cheap and very tasty!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Arabic first
  • Vietnamese first
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Great and authentic Indian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

I ordered, by delivery, the Chicken Thikka Masala (85,000 VND - $4.25 US) and the Kashmiri Nan (35,000 VND - $1.45 US). I was not disappointed! The serving of the Chicken Thikka Masala was HUGE! I could only eat half of it and put away the rest in the fridge for the next day. It was very well prepared, boneless, tender and sooo truly Indian. The sauce was fantastic. Spicy enough when simply ordered. The chicken was without fat or any trimmings. The Nan was with dried fruit, not just a wee bit here and there, but with plenty of the sweet fruit taste throughout. So yummy, fresh and hot.

Well, I could not resist! I went to Little India for lunch the next day, Sunday! I took one of my students who had never had Indian food before. He let me order: Chicken Thikka Masala, Chicken Vindaloo (same price as the Chicken Thikka Masala), plain Basmati rice (20.000 VND - $1.00 US) and 2 of those fruity Kashmiri Nan. Serving sizes of both courses were the same size as what I had delivered! Consistency! This is a good sign of a good restaurant. The Chicken Vindaloo's sauce (gravy) is vegetable, not tomato, based. It is a different flavor with a less creamy texture. The potatoes were cooked perfectly, such that, even when eaten as leftovers the next day, they were still perfect! Just the right feel to the bite. One person said that this is not served with potatoes. Everywhere that I have eaten, it has ALWAYS had potatoes! I think that the contrast with the Masala was welcomed and good, exchanging between them was a treat.

I recommend Little India with all my gourmand and culinary heart! I don't know another way to say it!

Visited April 2014
Lac La Biche, Canada
“Delicious Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

You should definitely eat here if you are in Hanoi. Staff are great and if you want something that is not on the menu, just ask. This is also just around the corner from BB Hanoi Hostel, which is a great hotel and I highly recommended staying there and eating at Little India. It was so good I went two nights in a row!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food. And cheap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Found this place on trip advisor and decided to give it a go on our last night in Hanoi. I wish we tried it on our first night because I definitely would have been back. The food was sensational and portion sizes were huge(if ordering Raita, one for the table will do as it's massive). The mango Lassi was a must for a drink. Huge recommendation to visit here if you're staying in Hanoi.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Very tasty and freshly cooked”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We had been in Vietnam for two weeks and fancied a change.. this little gem of an albeit simple restaurant offers a warm welcome, great service and bags of flavour.
We were so delighted with our first meal we went back 3 more times with friends!!
Being used to great tasting authentic
Indian cuisine in Birmingham, UK, we were pleasantly surprised with the menu range including a good vegetarian selection.
If you fancy a change from the Vietnamese flavours then this place is an excellent choice.