“Hanoi Eco tours” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hanoi Eco Tour - Day Tour

Hanoi Eco Tour - Day Tour
No. 20 - Living Quater 49B | Yen Hoa Ward Cau Giay District, Hanoi 1000, Vietnam
+(84)974-313-104
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 457 Activities in Hanoi
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Hanoi Eco-tour is the first travel company operating ecotourism in Hanoi and its suburban areas. We are a group of tour guides who love our jobs and are keen on promoting green travel in Vietnam. We love to show tourists an insight into the Vietnamese countryside.
Toronto, Canada
“Hanoi Eco tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Hanoi Eco Tours and David/Nam provided superb tour and guide service for us in Hanoi and out to Halong Bay. Nam was exceptionally well organized, very punctual with his service, very knowledgeable about his country and each of the areas we visited.

Overall, our tour was well planned and scheduled and when we asked for changes he responded quickly and efficiently. He knew where to take pictures for the best effect and frequently acted as our cameraman.

Juliet, Bella and I thank Hanoi Eco tours for making our visit to Vietnam very memorable. Their services are highly recommended!

Visited April 2014

The Villages, FL
28 attraction reviews
“Touring off the beaten path”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Recently my wife and I took a vacation to Vietnam and Cambodia for a riverboat cruise and the Angkor Wat Temples. Because of the airfare cost of traveling from the U.S. to Europe or Asia, we normally extend our trip to include pre and/or post days there. While planning our pre and post itinerary, I found a company called, “Hanoi Eco Tour” on TripAdvisor. Since they had good reviews I contacted them to see what they had to offer. In my initial email I listed the things that the riverboat cruise company would show us in Hanoi and asked if they could provide three days of additional sightseeing. I gave them some information of our ages (over 60) and physical conditions (pretty good.) I was surprised at the speed with which I received a response from “David” who is the Sales and Marketing Manager. He provided a three day schedule which ensured that we would not overlap our previous sightseeing and also would take us to some unique places. We made a few minor changes, no bicycle riding for us, David quoted us a cost. They asked that we make a deposit with normal refund policies. Prior to arriving in Hanoi we kept in touch with David with a few questions and to confirm meeting arrangements.
On the first day of our tour, we were met in our hotel reception area by none other than David who was going to be our guide. He also had a driver so that he could concentrate on the tour. We drove to Trang An Ecological site and got on a small rowboat with David and for 2 hours we were rowed around the site through 11 caves. As this site appeared to be popular with Asians; we passed several other boats with 6-8 people in them. While we couldn’t speak the language other than Xin Chao (Hello) and Cảm On Bạn (Thank You); everyone we saw was so friendly and there were several offers of food and drink. After lunch at a local restaurant, our first time eating mountain goat which is a specialty in the area, we visited Hoa Lu which is one of the oldest capitals in Vietnam which dates to 968 – 1009 AD. In addition to two temples, there were hibiscus gardens, ponds and many beautiful smelling plants. David’s knowledge of Vietnamese history, their culture and the various religions was exceptional. After returning to Hanoi and time at our hotel for a small rest and change of clothes; we were picked up again and taken to a family style restaurant for dinner. Lunch and dinner was included each day with the tour. While David didn’t join us for dinner; he was always nearby to ensure everything was to our liking or if we had questions. Both meals this day were very good and more than we would normally have eaten. The wine that we ordered was not included with the meal but was very reasonable priced.
The second day, we were again picked up in the morning at a reasonable time and traveled west of Hanoi to a very old agricultural village to see farming life up close. During our walk around the village and the adjacent fields/rice paddies we were able to see close up all of the stages of growing rice and other produce. Many of the homes we passed were over a hundred years old. We ate lunch at a private home which was over 400 years old. The owner was a journalist and his wife prepared private lunches to supplement their income. The house, which was simple but beautiful, had been in his family for several centuries. After lunch and pictures with our hostess; we walked some more of the villages. Everywhere we went, everyone would greet us and the children would smile and wave. We returned to Hanoi in the late afternoon for another short rest and then dinner. Another great meal during which included “butter clams” which are clams in their shells cooked in a buttery sauce. This was an exceptionally good dish.
On our third day, we were taken first to a village which specialized in the design and manufacturing of ceramics. Here we received a personal tour of one of the businesses which showed us the total process from initial design, clay processing, construction (often by hand), decorating and final firings of the pieces. On some of the floors we were allowed to take photos but on others we were not for propriety reasons. We then journeyed to another small artesian village which specialized in wood block carvings which are used for making prints on rice paper. After a demonstration of the process; the artist showed us a collection of his specialties. After asking about pricing, we had to buy several. We then had lunch in the artist’s studio. I need to mention that in Vietnam and Cambodia, the first floor of a home is used as a business run by the family and the floors above are living quarters for the family which can consist of several generations. So it is not unusual to have eating facilities in or near the business. As on the previous two days, we returned to Hanoi in the afternoon, got a small rest and then off for our final dinner. While returning in the afternoon, David had asked about our previous meals and any favorites we may have had and other likes/dislikes. That night we sat down to an excellent dinner (by this, I don’t mean to diminish any of our previous meals as they were all very good) which was a wonderful way to close out our time with David and Hanoi Eco Tours. Our time during these three days far exceeded our expectations. We found David and Hanoi Eco Tours to be excellent guides and hosts to their country. The schedule and places we visited were very well timed and we didn’t feel rushed like you occasionally do on larger tours. I think that Hanoi Eco Tours succeeded in their goal of taking you to the “paths less traveled by other tourists”. We were never allowed to want for anything and all at a very reasonable cost. I can’t recommend David and Hanoi Eco Tour highly enough.

Visited March 2014
San Francisco, California
9 attraction reviews
“Great service from Eco Tour (David)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I contacted David at Eco Tour after reading the good reviews here. I asked about a tour package and things to do in Hanoi. David not only gave information about the tour, he recommended places to eat and stay based on my preferences with detailed description of each place.

Today I contacted David again due to the change of my itinerary and, even though he does not have service in the area that I travel, he gave me several contacts for Central Vietnam tours and advised that I should "pay attention to the inclusive and exclusive items in the package". That is what I call "great service".

Visited January 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
“Hanoi Eco Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We spent 3 separate days with David in Hanoi,
He was personable, reliable, honest , knowledgeable and delivered everything he promised.
The first day trip was a walking tour around Hanoi. The second day trip was to Ho Chi Minhs mausoleum and the Temple of Literature . The third day trip was to arrange a connection with a cruise in Halong bay. On the way we visited a craft factory and on way back a local village.
Everything was well organised and excellent. We would have no hesitation in recommending him.

Visited October 2013
Beijing, China
“Great experience with Hanoi Eco Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

In December (at a very late notice) I booked a Halong Bay tour through Hanoi Eco Tour. David was great in helping us get a perfect spot on the Paloma cruise. (I later heard from the crew there that he had made quite a few calls to get it all arranged....). The Paloma cruise itself was fantastic, but I think it was David who understood what we wanted and got it done. The amazing thing was that in three days Halong Bay we didn't see many other tourists at all - we were on our own, kayaking among the karst mountains and through the villages. Everything was perfectly arranged -- pick up, drop off, follow-up. We had some issues (not due to Hanoi Eco Tours) after our trip and David kindly followed up to help us where he could. It was a great experience and I would definitely recommend Hanoi Eco Tour to other travelers.

Visited January 2014