“Nice and comfortable hotel in the heart of the old quarter” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Calypso Suites Hotel

You added Calypso Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Calypso Suites Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No 11E Trung Yen Lan, Dinh Liet Street | Hoan Kiem District, Old Quarter, Hanoi, Vietnam (Formerly Calypso Legend Hotel)   |
Special Offer
FREE AIRPORT PICK UP
Ranked #19 of 507 Hotels in Hanoi
Livorno, Italy
“Nice and comfortable hotel in the heart of the old quarter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have been staying 3 nights at Calypso Legend Hotel Hanoi and we could not have chosen a better place. We travelled with our 6 year sold some, we had a large, clean room with extra bed for a very reasonable price. The hotel location is perfect to explore the old quarter without being disturbed by the noise while in the room since the hotel I located in a very convenient lane

Room Tip: Higher floor room are more quieter than lover floor ones
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CalypsoLegendH, Front Office Manager at Calypso Suites Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Fabfan,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Calypso Legend Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the size and design of our guestrooms, the quality of our breakfast and most importantly the service you received from my colleagues who assisted you with the changes in your schedule. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Calypso is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Customer Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at the Calypso Legend for 2 nights and the Calypso Grand for one night. Both hotels were very consistent with check-in, hotel staff service, breakfast, and room amenities and cleanliness. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Hanoi as you will have such a pleasant experience given the staff are ready and willing to explain to you anything you require and answer all your questions to ensure a safe and pleasant stay. The location is great in the Old Quarter and a short walk away from the middle of the action, but far enough that it's quiet and relaxing. The breakfast was a highlight for us as we like to have the option of comforts from home for breakfast like eggs, french toast, etc. so we can start our day right before we venture out and we tend to eat a lot which was great because it was unlimited. The breakfast is made to order with many options, along with free-flowing fresh fruit, fruit juices, toast, coffee and much more laid out for you to choose from. The staff also packs the breakfast for you to go if you need to leave early in the morning for a tour or the airport. Every time we would come back to the hotel we warmly welcomed, remembered and cared for. Definitely made the stay so much more pleasant. Our rooms were simple, but very clean and well-maintained. I'm not one for mold, dust or the smell of smoke and was pleasantly surprised that I was completely fine staying at these hotels and didn't have an allergy outbreak, which is a sign of a clean hotel! I would recommend this hotel chain for anyone traveling to Hanoi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CalypsoLegendH, Public Relations Manager at Calypso Suites Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear incredibly2013,

It is really rewarding for us to hear positive feedbacks from our guests and I thank you for taking the time to share your satisfaction on TripAdvisor website.

Our priority is to have all of our guests have a experience at Calypso legend hotel Hanoi and I am proud of my whole team who have met your expectations in terms of high quality of services.

We look forward to your next visit to Calypso Legend Hotel.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My stay at the Calypso Legend was wonderful thanks to the professional, attentative, thoughtful, and open friendliness with which Manager Kevin Le and his staff treat all guests during even the busiest of times. Kevin not only arranged all my Hanoi-based trips but my entire itinerary throughout Vietnam: an itinerary I changed several times and which he somehow managed to handle as well as running a very busy hotel. Nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are spotless, bathrooms have baths, the internet is very good (and they have laptops you can borrow), and you won't need any lunch after a Calypso breakfast. They will also arrange for theatre tickets at a moment's notice. The broad smiles from everyone in reception as you walk in is in itself something to remember from what was a great holiday! Can't wait to get back there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
CalypsoLegendH, Owner at Calypso Suites Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear joan b,

It was such a pleasure to welcome you at the Calypso Legend Hotel and we are sincerely grateful for such wonderful feed-back from you.

The entire team strives to achieve high quality and satisfaction of our guests, whilst making them feel like part of the family. We are thrilled that we were able to achieve our goal and that you enjoyed our facilities.
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our team which I immediately shared with Manager Kevin Le and his staff !

Mr. Peter CEO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Great location, helpful staff, comfortable room. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others. Organised transport and tours to Halong Bay and Sapa for us which were fantastic. Staff delivered us personally to train cabin for Sapa trip and packed lunches for us which was very impressive. Fresh fruit was in our room every day. Helpful recommendations for local restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013
CalypsoLegendH, Owner at Calypso Suites Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Nickteee,

Thank you very much for the great review written about our hotel. I am particularly happy that you found the service provided by our team members worth mentioning as this is the one factor, I believe that truly makes the difference to a guest. I hope your trip to Hanoi provided you with pleasant memories and I'm glad to hear that you would stay with us again in the future.

I will certainly share your remarks with my team members as they are a great source of encouragement.

Best regards,

Peter CEO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Calypso Legend Hotel's a great place to stay in Hanoi. Down a small alleyway, the hotel is quiet, clean and convenient. The staff are very friendly, knowledgeable and generous. They made our stay in Hanoi very memorable and we thank them very much.

• Stayed January 2013
CalypsoLegendH, Public Relations Manager at Calypso Suites Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear schlooee,

How wonderful to read your comments on TripAdvisor, thank you very much for sharing them!

We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the hotel and its services! Thank you as well for your feed-back on our staff, this will be a wonderful source of motivation for them!

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back soon in Hanoi, until then we wish you a very happy New Year!

Yours sincerely,
Kevin Le
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Very good service and located close to Old Quarter. Easy to move to different places. Staff was very helpful in suggestions and bookings. They helped with Halong Bay tour and flight bookings on last minute notice. Breakfast was very good as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CalypsoLegendH, Guest Relations Manager at Calypso Suites Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear MS_and_MH,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at the Calypso for 3 nights in total and we absolutely loved it. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, they really couldn't do enough to help us and absolutely nothing was too much trouble for them.

We arrived exhausted after a flight and after a comfortable airport transfer organised by the hotel we were greeted by a smiling bell boy who carried all of our heavy bags into reception. The hotel managers greeted us at the door by name and we were invited to sit down and rest with complimentary fresh fruit drinks.

I cannot stress how friendly and helpful the staff were, we were consistently treated as if we were VIPs and after speaking with other guests I know that they also had similar experiences.

The rooms were comfortable, light and airy and decorated beautifully. Everything was spotlessly clean and the TV/ internet was excellent.

Breakfast was good and Mr Kevin even had some breakfast sent up to my partner as he was busy getting ready for an early start and the manager didn't want him to miss out!

We wholeheartedly recommend this hotel and if you are considering staying here I cannot imagine that you would be able to have a negative experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear jen_jen 73,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at Hanoi Calypso Legend Hotel on Trip advisor. Your feedback is extremely important to us.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, as we strive each day to provide our guests with the finest hotel experience. Your kind words are most appreciated and have been shared with the whole team. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our team which I immediately shared with Mr. Kevin Le and all staff ! and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon to Calypso Legend Hanoi.

Yours sincerely,
Peter ( CEO )

Been to Calypso Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!