“Lovely little spot with delicious vegetarian” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 1,013 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian, Healthy, Café
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: An oasis of calm in the busy Hanoi old streets, a bit hidden inside away from the main street. Yoga classes of various types with English speaking teachers and props. Cozy cafe and restaurant serve fresh home-made food with wide range of choice for vegan and vegetarians.
Brisbane, Australia
“Lovely little spot with delicious vegetarian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Came here after being brought by my gf - and was generally impressed. The atmosphere was really lovely, the staff were attentive, and the food and drinks were very nice. I ordered the banana caco bliss shake which was good, and a wholemeal 'pizza' (warm circular homemade bread) with mushrooms and spinich. To be completely honest - the pizza, which was delicious, wasn't that filling and cost me 150 000 VD ($7.50) and the drink cost me about $4..given I could get a nice sandwich and a large Hanoi beer for a total of about $2...this was an expensive meal!

Worth a try if you are into healthy eating, still exceptionally tasty!!

Hanoi, Vietnam
“Don't know why this place is rated so high visit hanoi social club if u want vegan health food instead terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Ordered salad paid 7 dollars all lettuce with one piece of eggplant one tspn of goats cheese staff very in attentive give menu but don't take order sit giggling and gossiping there are plenty of other better health options I'd highly reccomended the Japanese behind for divine sushi etc

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Incredible classes, beautiful relaxed cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I took 3 classes at Zenith yoga, all with different teachers and each one equally as brilliant as the other for completely different reasons. The class I took with Thuong both me and my friend agreed was the best we have taken in all of south east Asia. All teachers really helped you look inwardly to your own practise, there was beautiful attention to detail in their succinct verbal posture description and gentle physical manoeuvres if we were off the intended position. I feel like I've learnt so much from just those 3 classes.
The cafe and chill out area at studio 2 is great for relaxing before class and offers delicious smoothies, coffees and I didn't try their food but it looked equally as good. All healthy menu and no pressure to leave after your coffee, sitting and relaxing for hours with a book was totally acceptable.
The only criticism was 10,000VND to borrow a mat per class seemed unnecessary especially added to a $12 class.
In the winter months the heating needs to be turned on in both the studio and the cafe. The cafe is constantly cold leaving all inside wearing jackets and the studio isn't heated, even though 15 mins into a class your body warms up, it would be nicer not to start quite so cold.
However these are purely management criticisms and do not reflect the incredibly high quality of classes Zenith yoga offers.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Great vegetarian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

As I entered I half-expected a lot of people in trance humming "oooommmmm". Nothing like that, just a request to remove the shoes. The restaurant has a huge window and a very clear, clean design. A few tables are Japanese style, i.e. one needs to sit cross-legged. I am too old for that so opted for a normal table.

A very friendly waitress was on me in a flash but when I ordered food, she insisted that I order a drink first. I guess she was just trained that way so I made here happy by ordering a drink first and then the "Conscious Cous Cous" as a starter, the "Baked Falafel Sandwich" as a main course and the "Zenith Lemonade" to wash it all down with it.

As happens so often in Vietnam, starter and main course came together, one of my pet peeves. But the waitress was too sweet to make a fuss so I tucked in. Incidentally, the drink she had insisted on me ordering first? It did not arrive until I was well into my meal.

I am not sure if the Cous Cous was conscious or not, but it was very good. The vegetables were fresh and the chickpea and mung bean Falafel was very tasty. If anything it was a bit dry, I would have liked more dressing. The same was true for the Falafel Sandwich: tasty but a bit on the dry side. Both dishes were well presented and I felt healthier immediately....

I did not care for the drink too much. I love ginger, but there was way too much in the lemonade, it felt like drinking razor blades.

Overall, a restaurant I would certainly go back to. The staff are very friendly, the food is good, and I am guessing someone meant went well when they added about a pound of minced ginger to my drink. And they have fast, free WiFi. I also think that it is pretty good value with mains around the USD 7.00 mark and the juices going for 3 to 4 Dollars.

The only suggestion: soundproof the juice blender, it is annoyingly loud.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Disappointed ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Went for a yoga class and was greeted by an amazing smell. Tried to order a tea but was informed that it wasn't available. Ordered a different kind and was disappointed that it wasn't fresh. She took the jug out of the fridge and microwaved it. I was told the cafe was open until 9pm and then when I tried to order food after class and was told they were closed and preparing for the next day. Was very disappointed and the girl working the bar was very focused on her prep and almost couldn't be bothered to address me. I gave it this rating because the class was great.