“Perfect hotel, perfect location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hanoi Elegance Emerald Hotel

You added Hanoi Elegance Emerald Hotel to your Saves list
Hanoi Elegance Emerald Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   No. 18 Lo Su Street, Old Quarter | Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam (Formerly Hanoi Happy Hotel)   |
Special Price
FREE AIRPORT PICK UP
Ranked #2 of 469 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Berkeley, California, United States
“Perfect hotel, perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked this hotel on a trip from another traveler and it was perfect. Great, attentive service. Lovely amenities and well-appointed room and bathroom. Excellent breakfast each day (great coffee too!) Super travel/reservations manager (Mr. Thuc). We arrived in Vietnam with only a Hanoi hotel reservation and Mr. Thuc arranged most of our 3 weeks in Vietnam. Booking locally allowed us to plan days and activities as we wanted to do (and change) them. All in all, excellent value and support for independent travelers. We ended up with three separate stays at the Emerald as we traveled in North Vietnam; hotel was excellent on each stay.

Room Tip: Not sure - they all seemed good. Street is busy during day but was quiet at night and we had great...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Fantastic stay at this boutique hotel in Hanoi. We had checked out previous reviews on trip adviser and our stay lived up to all of the reviews.

Right from the collection at the airport through our five night stay, breakfasts, organization of tour bookings, restaurant bookings and transfers all of the staff were fantastic and made us feel very at home in Hanoi.

We pai a little extra and got the penthouse suite which is a beautiful 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite with a huge balcony. The balcony doesn't really have any cover so in the rain and the very warm days we didn't use it very much but the other times we sat out with our cups of tea and fruit baskets (which we got refreshed every day)and enjoyed the Hanoi skyline. At night you could see all over Hanoi, quite lovely. The lift only goes to the 7th floor so the rooms on the 8th and the penthouse on the 9th are accessed by flights of stairs, but its worth the extra effort.

The day we arrived our bags somehow disappeared out of the small reception area and were in our room before we got up there. We didn't even see them taken. We were greated with a lovely fresh juice and were given a very extensive summary of all that was available to us for our stay, together with a great walking map and suggested tours which reception could arranged for us. So we took them up on the Street Food tour the first night....fabulous!!! Although don't eat before you go cause you end up trying 6-10 different dishes from various restaurants all over the old quarter.

Another tour on another day was arranged for us together with restaurant bookings next door, taxis when required and of course transfers to and from the airport (1/2 hour each way now). You don't need to wait in reception for your pick ups either they prefer you to wait up in your room and they call you when its time to go.

This is only a small hotel with only 20 rooms so the dining room for breakfast is only small. We never had any problem with seating but I would guess that if a lot of people were leaving at the same time this could be a problem But we did not experience this at all. Breakfast is a small buffet together with various cooked options to order. All very efficient and the staff all were very friendly and knew after your first visit which room you were in. All made it feel very friendly.

So all in all a lovely place to stay, 5 mins walk from the lake the old town, the water puppet theater and for the price is well worth it. I don't know what the other rooms were like but we thoroughly enjoyed the penthouse and were extremely well looked after.

The only other thing is that that have a tip box at reception which ALL the staff get to enjpy at the end of each month, which we found quite nice. We went to leave something for the house maids but were told that no it all goes in together. So nice touch we thought.

Room Tip: Penthouse is lovely and also the delux rooms we understand are larger than the standard so pay the b...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The service at the Elegance Emerald is in a league above any hotel we've stayed at before. Period. It became our home in Vietnam. The staff is awesome. When my wife needed a difficult medicine to find, a staff member took her to a pharmacy to translate for her. When we took the train to Sapa, the hotel sent a young man with us to the train station to guide us and see we got to our compartment. We got to know most of the staff because they were reaching out to talk with us at every opportunity. We love this place.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I should start off admitting that for the majority of my stay in Hanoi I stayed at the Metropole - and the Metropole this is not -- but that is both good and bad!! While this hotel does not have the opulence and luxury of the Metropole - it is quite a special little find!!

I decided to stay here on my last night since I was coming back from Halong Bay and needed a place to essentially rest my head before a 6 AM flight the next morning - meaning I was at this hotel for about 12 hours!! But the rooms are clean and modern. A much on the small side - but that never bothers me - as it was nicely appointed. The bed was super comfortable and there was free wifi and A/C. Without question though it is the staff that are beyond friendly and helpful -- they make you feel special and make sure that you are well-taken care of. I will say I enjoyed the staff and their friendliness more here than even the Metropole (which can be a bit stuffy - although downright special in its own right).

The staff welcomes you with a juice beverage - and made everything about my brief time there easy. I had lost my sunglasses in Halong Bay and they walked showed me exactly where to go nearby for a replacement. The confirmed my flight and even packed a breakfast for me so early in the AM. Lastly - and this was truly something to write about - I had forgotten my noise cancellation headphones in the lobby upon check-out and the front desk staff chased down my taxi which was headed down the street to return them too me.

So a very, very nice clean and modern hotel with a lot of special touches. Very centrally located on a side street a few blocks from the lake and the action. I would recommend this hotel highly - and would stay here again!!

Room Tip: I would ask for a back room - so that you are not facing the noisy street below (which the scooters...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

From the moment I started to make email enquiries with Thuc at this hotel, the customer service was fantastic and it continued when we arrived in Hanoi for our 3 night stay at the Elegance Emerald Hotel. My family of 4 stayed in the penthouse suite, which had a fabulous terrace with great views. The rooms were well appointed and very clean. We had a small problem with the plumbing, which was rectified immediately and without any fuss.

Prior to arriving Thuc had booked us on our Halong bay Cruise and the overnight train to Hue. We also went on the Street Food tour organised by the hotel, which was amazing and well worth the money for the amount of food we consumed. Our guide Ha was a wealth of information. All the staff at the hotel were extremely hospitable and helpful and the breakfast in the little dining room downstairs was excellent. When we returned from Halong Bay we were provided with a room to have a shower before our overnight train trip to Hue and one of the staff then came with us in the taxi to the train station to make sure we found the right carriage etc. The staff at this hotel go above and beyond the call of duty!

I should also mention that we ate a couple of meals at the Gourmet Corner Restaurant, which is in the Emerald's sister hotel a few doors down. The staff there were also amazing so I think this chain of hotels rates customer service very highly. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The penthouse suite is great as you have the whole floor to yourself. Although there is not really a...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Brighton,UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked the Penthouse Suite to celebrate our wedding anniversary and were not disappointed.
This is the boutique hotel of the Essence Group and is located in LO Su Street a quiet street within walking distance of the Hoan Kiem Lake and a few doors down from the Essence Ruby (another great hotel). We were met at the airport and transferred in the hotel vehicle and on arrival at 06.00am we were given a room to freshen up and sleep pending availability of our room around 2.00pm. We went out for a tour with Hanoi Kids (you gotta go with these guys! see TA reviews) and on returen our luggage was in our suite, clothes hung up from our suit bags, flowers and wine! The service was excellent and we were sad to leave. The manager takes a personal interest in his staff and guests which is what makes this place. The rooms are spotless and we looked at 3 three different types. Just stay here. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Though this is a quiet street always choose high floor and facing back for a quiet room
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and adult daughter stayed here and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are well-appointed and comfortable, the wifi works great , and the staff goes out of their way to help you and make your stay comfortable. Room included safe and small pitcher for boiling water. Breakfast is very good - includes a buffet area and a menu to order items such as omelettes and eggs to order. Easy walk to highlights of central Hanoi, easy access to cabs. Great hotel!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Hanoi Elegance Emerald Hotel? Share your experiences!