“Friendly indeed!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 450 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Friendly indeed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great place owned by a great family. Our room was clean and well decorated, offering a warm and homey atmosphere. The bed was more firm than I like, but the atmosphere was worth it as well as the price. This was also a great location within old town.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Latvia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

We are thrilled with friendly service and responsiveness from the hotel staff. Hotel name corresponds to the services provided. Nice attitude to customers and initiative in planning our trip. If you do not know where to go to Vietnam and you have not had time to plan, do not worry, it will help to make the hotel staff. We are happy that stayed at this hotel. A special thank you - Do Han :)!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Riga, Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

In this hotel stayed for 5 nights. Rooms clean and tidy. The hotel is in a good location in the old Quarter Staff is very friendly and helpful. Helped put the trip through Vietnam. I suggest to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Linz, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2014

The hotel is very nice and the prices are reasonable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends or would stay again. Most remarkable was Thoi's ... he is one of the nicest Vietnamese that I've ever met. Without his support my journey wouldn't have been as nice. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Bentong Town, Pahang, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

It was my first time in Hanoi. The front desk staff was very friendly. He helped me to visit all the interesting places and even gave me a ticket to watch a local music performance. If I ever come back to Hanoi, I'd definitely choose this hostel again :-)

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Guangzhou
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

I stayed here for five nights, the service at this hostels is amazing! The staff at the front desk helped me book my flights, helped me get my Chinese visa. It's in a great location, just a two minute walk from hanoi backpackers hostel. They have private air conditioned rooms for a good price. We also booked our Sappa and Halong bay trips through this hotel and they got us a great deal! You must stay here if you come to hanoi!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

I stayed at Friendly Hotel for about two weeks when I first came to Hanoi. The hotel is located right in the heart of the Old Quarter, but despite the bustling streets of the 'Phố Cổ' it still has a relaxed atmosphere and it's perfectly quiet in the rooms, which are flawless: modern furniture, comfortable beds, TV, big clean bathroom, reasonable price. As others already pointed out, the manager is a really friendly and capable guy. He even helped me with my first steps learning Vietnamese and spared no pain to find a locksmith at 2am in the morning when I broke my key in the lock.

The hotel will also help you arrange your trips to Halong Bay, Sapa etc. I never booked anything here because I went on a motorbike trip myself thus I can't vouch for that, but in two weeks I never saw any discontent faces or heard people complain.

All in all this is definitely my favourite hotel in Hanoi.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Friendly Hotel & Travel? Share your experiences!