“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bluebird Wine Cellar & Restaurant

Bluebird Wine Cellar & Restaurant
7 Xuan Dieu Street | Tay Ho, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam (Formerly Bluebird)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #466 of 1,014 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Vietnamese, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Located in a romantic avenue, Bluebird Restaurant combines a comfortable, yet elegant, atmosphere with European cuisine. Come join us. it is our pleasure to assist you in hosting your special event.
Perth
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

We were staying at the Sheraton ..2 min away and found this on tripadvisor. I am so glad we went...they had a buy one get one free wine offer before 7pm so it made the wine price more affordable. Our entrees of Duck rolls and Pulled pork wraps were fantastic in taste and presentation. I only wish I had bought my phone to take some photos. Our mains of Sea Bass were also most enjoyable. All patrons in this restaurant on the night were Europeans with only one local who came to have a glass of wine and smoke at the bar which spoilt it for all diners present. Unfortunately Vietnam allows smokers inside restaurants. Luckily he left after the one wine and 2 cigarettes. Sorry I just hate breathing in someone elses cigarette smoke when Im trying to enjoy good food !!
This place is an absolute find...the food is great and the staff serving on the night were lovely.
ps dont be put off by the limited internet menu ...they are working on their website I believe and have many items on offer and prices are most reasonable for the quality they provide.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
James A, Manager at Bluebird Wine Cellar & Restaurant, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
Thank you for your recent review. The team is always happy to hear from a client who has enjoyed themselves at Bluebird. As you mentioned smoking is allowed in restaurants in Vietnam but we do have non smoking rooms available both upstairs and downstairs. Thank you for your positive comments which I will share with the staff. We pride ourselves on great service and excellent food.

Pori, Finland
“Good food and nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Had a Monday night dinner with family and a visiting friend. Everyone liked their food. We did not sample the wines this time.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ho Chi Minh
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Nice place, nice food, nice people, nice service !

Just one thing: sometime we can hear noise of sneeze and cough from the kitchen...

Visited July 2014
Thank you for your recent review. The team is always happy to hear from a client who has enjoyed themselves at Bluebird. I am not sure where you were sitting to hear noise from the kitchen as we endeavour to keep the kitchen quiet and unobtrusive. We hope we can welcome you back again and I will find a good table for you.
Villafranca Padovana, Italy
“one of my recent best meals.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We were very impressed with the food here but don't expect Vietnamese food, it's high quality Western food. The menu was quite varied and I followed the manageress' advice for my main course which was pork belly with mashed potato and green asparagus. My sons were equally content with their choice of huge crunchy ribs. The only down side was the bill. The price for the food was reasonable but the cost of the wine amounted to half of the bill, so just be careful about that. I agree with Mandy's comment about the lack of people, my sons who live there said that it's always quite empty, must be the price of the wine?

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your recent review. The team is always happy to hear from a client who has enjoyed themselves at Bluebird. As for the wine, we import wine from all over the world and I believe we have something for every budget. As for always being empty this is far from true. People may think this when they walk by on the street. But our most popular tables are located on the second floor and downstairs in our wine section, which are both out of sight. We enjoy a healthy clientele and have many regulars to prefer to book their favourite tables when dining with us. The wine we import is sold in many restaurants and hotels in Vietnam and as I said is priced for every budget. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I hope we can welcome you back soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Must visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Just ate at 'Bluebird Wine Cellar & Restaurant' with my girlfriend and must say we had a treat.

We had - Chicken and bacon quesadilla
Beef carpaccio
Lamb wraps
Duck confit
2 x gin and tonic
2 × Heineken
Amaretto
Cava

Everything was A* from the food to the service, better than any hotel restaurant in the area. We paid 1.300,000VND including service and it was well worth it. Highly recommended!!

Thank you for your recent review. The team is always happy to hear from a client who has enjoyed themselves at Bluebird. We shall share your excellent comments with the staff who will be very proud. I hope you can join us again, we look forward to your return visit.