“Must visit!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bluebird Wine Cellar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Bluebird Wine Cellar & Restaurant
7 Xuan Dieu Street | Tay Ho, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam (Formerly Bluebird)
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Cafe, Contemporary, Vietnamese, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Excellently located at the corner of West Lake and walking distance from the Sheraton and Intercontinental, Vin Steak provides the finest quality imported steak with free flow wine at the friendliest prices around.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Must visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Just ate at 'Bluebird Wine Cellar & Restaurant' with my girlfriend and must say we had a treat.

We had - Chicken and bacon quesadilla
Beef carpaccio
Lamb wraps
Duck confit
2 x gin and tonic
2 × Heineken
Amaretto
Cava

Everything was A* from the food to the service, better than any hotel restaurant in the area. We paid 1.300,000VND including service and it was well worth it. Highly recommended!!

James A, Manager at Bluebird Wine Cellar & Restaurant, responded to this review, October 21, 2014

Leeds, England
“Very pleasent way to spend a mealtime.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Don't go here expecting Vietnamese fodder. It's in walking distance of the Intercontinental Westlake and the Sheraton so should be busier than what it is. Sat in the window and watched the traffic hurtle past which was great entertainment. Only one other table of people in there which felt odd for 8pm on a weekend.

Tuna tartare and a crab ceviche for starters after being given some lovely hot rolls and butter - both were excellent. I then had a delicious pork belly whilst boyfriend had fish with lentils; again, both excellent. Good choice of wine by the glass. Service was friendly and not too fussy. Final bill was pretty reasonable for the quality and volume of food and drink we had.

Visited July 2014
Thank you for your recent review. The team is always happy to hear from a client who has enjoyed themselves at Bluebird. We shall share your excellent comments with the staff who will be very proud. I hope you can join us again, we look forward to your return visit. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Seattle, Washington
“Sad, disappointment!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

No idea why this place has good reviews service was dismal. My scallops came out cold in the middle, had to send back, owner was clearly sitting at next table talked to many tables, clearly knew I sent back my plate. Didn't bother to say anything and not even a glass of wine was comped on my bill after having to send back and waiting for a very long time. Absolutely recommend the Vine two doors down. Don't bother with this place....a sad disappointment. Especially after a week in rural Vietnam, doesn't take much to impress.

7 Thank Fluffymugsy
Thank you for your review. I have asked Tripadvisor to remove it as I do not believe it is a true review. I do not believe that you ate twice in the same day at two restaurants right next door to each other. Also we did not sell any scallops on the day mentioned and we certainly have never presented scallops which are cold in the middle.
Sydney, Australia
“Loved the food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

The food is a really nice change from the local Vietnamese places I've been eat at (which I love too!) While other cafés might offer up similar menu items by name, Bluebird really reminds me of the same tastes/flavours I might expect to find at a nice cafe back at home. Decor and staff are lovely...want to go back there soon!

Singapore, Singapore
“Western restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Quiet place surrounded by a nice design with and atttentive and efficient staff, the food tastes really good with a beautiful dressing

• Visited May 2014