“3 things stood out” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Art Boutique Hotel Hanoi

You added Art Boutique Hotel Hanoi to your Saves list
Art Boutique Hotel Hanoi
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   63 Hang Dieu Street,Old Quarter | Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam   |
Special Offer
From $28/NIGHT+PICK UP
Ranked #20 of 513 Hotels in Hanoi
singapore
“3 things stood out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hanoi Essence wasn't available on our return from Halong Bay. Decided to try Art Boutique and it didn't disappoint. Booking was easy and promptly attended to by Ms Fiona. Located in the old quarters, it is a short walk to food places, market and some attractions. I did a walk from the hotel to Hanoi Prison, Vietnamese Women's Museum, the French Quarter and back. DH also did a morning run around Hoan Kiem Lake.
It's not a big property and the room we got faces the street but we were not troubled by the street noises. Room is clean and bed comfortable. Breakfast is decent with some items on the buffet table and others which you can order from the menu. 3 things stood out for me:
- as we were getting off the vehicle that took us from Halong Bay to Hanoi, I noticed someone coming out of the hotel. she smiled, crossed the road, stood by my side and helped me crossed the busy street. Still baffles me how she knew we were checking in at Art Boutique
- on the last day, we came back from our museum visits to find a decorated room and a birthday cake
- the staff asked for feedback as we were checking out and I mentioned that although there's a full-length mirror in the room, I couldn't see myself from head to toe because it's hung a little too high. i received an email within a week to thank me for the feedback and to let me know they've lowered the mirror, just as I wished.

Those to me, spoke volumes of their seriousness about the business. At all times they were polite, helpful and accommodating. To do those three things on top of the expected was taking service to a different level. Thanks, Ms Yen and team. I told many friends about this hotel and they're looking forward to enjoying your signature hospitality

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

A gorgeous little hotel with all the small touches to make you feel like you deserve the luxury! Modern rooms, rose petals on the beds, amazing breakfast and the friendliest, most helpful staff we encountered. Would highly recommend a stay here, close to everything so you can walk around and soak up the city.

Only small issue we had was arriving early from the overnight train the reception was closed and locked so we had to wake people up to get into the hotel, despite letting them know about our early arrival, but as soon as we did they couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was a great place for us,as a family of 5, to stay in as our first stop during our first visit to Vietnam. The hotel was clean, the staff was very helpful to us, assisting us with maps, information and ticket booking for trains. They were very courteous and willing to please. They made us feel very comfortable having the kids there. We would definitely stay there again, it is I a good location, quite central. I would recommend this hotel to people. We couldn't thank them enough.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We arrived in Vietnam the first day of a National Holiday, which meant that all the trains, buses etc were booked up, as such, our plans for our two week break appeared to be faltering at the first hurdle. Within ten minutes of checking in, the staff had not only got us booked onto the excursions we needed, but had managed to find room on a train for us. They even escorted us onto the train itself to help us navigate our way through the maddening crowds. When we returned at 4am a few days later, unannounced, they couldn't accommodate us enough even though we'd got them all out of bed!!

The standard of the hotel was excellent, and good value for money. The breakfast was also of a very high standard. The hotel itself is very well located in the Old Quarter, ideal as a springboard to almost every part of the city. That said, the rooms were almost silent inside, so you can escape the noise at night. A daily delivery of fresh fruit to your room, is also a welcome sight when you've been on your feet all day.

From porters through to managers, everyone was incredibly helpful. We stayed here on our first night in Hanoi, a few days in between, and then on our last night. It was a great way to start, and a perfect way to finish. If any of you are unsure where to stay, my advice to you is to stay here, I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

To all the staff at Art Boutique. A BIG 'Thank You', you're a credit to yourselves!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Upon arriving we were welcomed by young team of staff. The whole team is dedicated to provide the best in service. The hotel location is right on the street which is easly accessing to other area such as coffee, bar, resto, bank,, We'd coming back to stay

Room Tip: 501 has terrace which you can see the action on the street from above :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I've stayed 4 nights in the whole and really enjoyed my stay. The staff is remarkably friendly, happy to help around the clock and with almost everything, they really do a good customer service. Also, the team helps to book a tour to Halong Bay for example or with other booking issues as well as giving advice where to go in Hanoi. There was no issue in storing my baggage there while going to Halong Bay for a one night trip, to collect it after the trip. The Art Boutique Hotel arranged a pick up service from Hanoi airport on my request to stay out of the hassle after a long flight. That worked out very well and I needn't to worry in finding a serious taxi driver who doesn't rip you off or dump you anywhere where you don't wanna end up. Both rooms I've stayed in were spotless and in good condition as well as the bathrooms. I received a fresh fruit cocktail on arrival, which was really tasty and releaving after such a long journey. The rooms are made every day as well as the towels replaced. That hotel offers a really nice breakfast buffet as well as some menues to order (some are free others cost a couple of dollars). I didn't like the coffee that much but the tea was perfect and the fresh fruit juice as well. The staff made me feel very welcomed and special. I'm very happy to have met those gorgeous people during my travel throughout Vietnam, that was a very unique experience over there. That hotel really deserves a TripAdvisor reward.

Happy Travels :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Art Boutique, where we stayed for a week in April. On our arrival we were given a really warm welcome with cool towels, fresh fruit and a lovely fresh fruit cocktail. The hotel is immaculate, modern and tastefully decorated; the marbled walls and large mirrors make it very light and spacious and it is good value for money. The young staff are very friendly, extremely helpful and really professional; they take great care to get to know all the guests and their names and are always keen to help wherever possible. The rooms are spotless; ours was a quiet room with a small window at the back and it was really quiet, and the beds were so comfortable. We enjoyed the daily fresh fruit and the little sweet delight delivered to our rooms early every evening. There was a lot of variety of breakfast for self serve and then there was a choice of hot food to choose from the menu as well. The hotel is situated right in the middle of the old quarter, and although this area is lively, vibrant and crazy, it is a brilliant place to stay, as its so close to the shops, restaurants, street food venues, bars ( selling 'fresh beer', which is so cheap and tasty), museums, parks. You can walk everywhere! I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose the quiet room at the back with a small window. We stayed here twice as we had a Halong Bay t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Art Boutique Hotel Hanoi? Share your experiences!