“Like an oasis amidst the chaotic ambience of Hanoi” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   33 Hang Quat Street, Hanoi 1000, Vietnam   |
Offers & Announcements
LOWEST RATE WE BEAT!
Ranked #8 of 489 hotels in Hanoi
“Like an oasis amidst the chaotic ambience of Hanoi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Not much else there is to be said after reading all the comments below: it is true, the hotel has a great location and wonderful staff to support you and help you with whatever you need. The breakfast is really very very good and it is free (!!). The rooms are very nice if only were they a bit more sound proof. There were some noisy tourists banging doors and shouting in front of my door. However, this is not the hotel`s fault. What caused a little discomfort that I was not informed that my room would practically have no windows only a tiny tiny one opening to the "chimney" of the kitchen which provides no light whatsoever when there is a power cut:-) Never mind, I loved it! I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor- ear plugs needed because the kitchen starts to operate early.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
moonpham11, Customer Care Team at Golden Sun Palace Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear EmilSinclair1981,
Greeting from Golden Sun Palace Hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am very happy to hear that you had received such warm hospitable service from our staff, and had enjoyed the spaciousness of our rooms. Your compliments are a great source of motivation for all of us, and we look forward to welcoming you home to your residence.

The team looks forward to your return when your travels bring you back to Hanoi.

Customer Care Team
“ We Care About You, We Care About Your Trip”

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Anyone thinking about staying at this hotel when you are in Hanoi don't anymore-it is awesome.
We just got back (stayed 2nights) and I usually do not fill out a review right away but this place deserves it.
Hanoi is an eye opener and it grew on our family and we are glad we went to visit this city, this hotel and the staff were a big part of us getting comfortable.
From the room, the breakfast prepared fresh daily to the service and the genuine care the staff provided this place was great.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Aft43,

Greeting from Golden Sun Palace Hotel,
Thank you for taking time to write this review on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to read that the team’s service and our attention to detail have enhanced your accommodation experience.

Please visit us again should your travels bring you back to Hanoi for business or leisure .

Kind Regards,

Customer Care Team
“ We Care About You, We Care About Your Trip”
Lima
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I can not wait to post a review for this hotel. Is located in the centre of Hanoi and very close to the main attractions.
I have one day in Hanoi and this hotel is a 5 Stars in the middle of the action. Is true that the room is not huge but you will expend more of the time outside the hotel enjoying the city.
The room is clean, the bed big and confortable, bathroom well equipped and clean. The service is amazing, anything you need they will be there for you, what else can you ask for? The breakfast is included and delicious. No more comments, I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
moonpham11, Customer Care Team at Golden Sun Palace Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Miguel B ,

Greeting from Golden Sun Hotel, Hanoi.

On behalf hotel customer service management I would like to send a great thank for sharing your experience and tips on TripAdvior site.

We value each guest that checks in at Golden Sun Palace Hotel and we are glad that you value our service as well as the accommodation, facilities, staffs, responsiveness and location in Golden Sun Palace Hotel.

We, the staff and customer care team at Golden Sun Palace Hotel are look forward to welcoming you to our residence again whether for leisure or business visits.

Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed here very recently. The hotel is located in a very ideal place for shopping. The rooms are very neat, clean & presentation of room quite tasteful upon entering. The staff are very cordial. Worth every dollar you pay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear gh_vish,

Namaste Indian, Greeting from Golden Sun Palace Hotel Hanoi,

Many thanks for posting such a great review on TripAdvisor, it is a pleasure to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you soon again at Golden Sun Palace Hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

VERY inexpensive hotel, the most INCREDIBLE service, SUPER nice rooms, GREAT free breakfast and EXCELLENT location.

I had arranged for airport pick-up but I went to the wrong baggage claim and it was over an hour and a half trying to find my baggage, so the pick-up guy gave up on me. Understandable. I got my own cab but I forgot to get Vietnamese money from the ATM so when I arrived at the hotel I didn't have money to pay the taxi driver. Dumb me! But the service manager greeted me, negotiated a better fare than the meter, paid him and for my convenience he put it on my bill. All taken care of for me for less money. Nice first impression.

The next morning it was even better. You order the free breakfast from a menu with a wide variety of western food, Vietnamese food and it says if you don't see what you want, ask us and we will get it! Wow! Great food and Anne, the breakfast server, is wonderful. My friend.

After my delicious breakfast, I presented myself to the front desk in search of an ATM and a local SIM card. She summoned the bellboy (you will find these guys are your friends too!), told him what I needed. He took me outside and I thought he would point to me where to go, but that is not the Golden Sun way! He took me to his motorcycle, said hop on and we went to the ATM, then got my SIM card which he programmed for me, and retuned me to the hotel at no charge. I love this place!

I ended up staying with them three times, as I went in and out of Hanoi. I will stay with them again the next time I'm there. The bellman, Frank, was so nice I invited him to come visit me in Seattle. EVERYONE there, Ms Flower, and others who I don't remember their names were so friendly and helpful. It was better than home! Bigger, maybe nicer, family!

Oh, and the rooms. Super nice with flower pedals on the bed that they arrange into interesting shapes, like a heart, etc. Beer, wine, snacks in the room at very reasonable prices (cheap). Nice shower, perfect! TV with English speaking channels so you can keep up with what's going on in the world.

Great location, old quarter, nice shops all around, clean streets, and 5 minute walk to Hoan Kiem Lake and walking distance to most of the places you will want to go to.

This place is perfect!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear RDJobe,

Warmest greeting from Golden Sun Palace Hotel.

A million thanks for the great sounding title " It doesn't get any better than this". I am delighted with your compliments of our staffs, hotel service on TripAdvisor site. We are so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at GSP - Negotiating with driver to help you get better price from scam taxi, buying a new SIM card in Hanoi, taking safely you to ATM for getting money ...etc"

We believe that your review would definitely be useful for the fellow travelers who's planning to visit Hanoi.

Once again, Please accept our sincere appreciation for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time in Hanoi in this hotel- we arrived early from the airport - at 8. am - but only had to wait for 1 h until we got a room - while waiting we got free breakfast ! Then our room was upgraded! The rooms are very clean - not a spot and spacious enough decorated with flowers. Every night you get two chocolate hearts - which just emphasizes how the staff cares about their costumers. The staff is very friendly and they organized trips and Taxis for us for a good price. The Location is also great - right in the Centre of everything. We would stay there definitly again next time!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear SpecialK12345,

Greeting from Golden Sun Palace Hotel

We value each guest that checks in at Golden Sun Palace Hotel and we are glad that you value our service as well as the facilities, staffs, responsiveness in Golden Sun Palace Hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Very good location in the old quarter of Hanoi! excellent staf!!!! they treated us like their family, very nice breakfast with different choices! Clean, valuable for the money!
If we go back to Hanoi we would stay at the same place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Sun Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!