“Perfect location close to everything!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hanoi Romance

You added Hanoi Romance to your Saves list
Hanoi Romance
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   19 Hang Bac, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam (Formerly Romance Boutique Hotel)   |
Ranked #248 of 506 Hotels in Hanoi
dublin
“Perfect location close to everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hanoi romance for 2 nights after travelling up from Nha Trang. The hotel is basic but very clean and has a fantastic location right in the middle of all the action. The rooms are clean, have a safe,A/C, Free Wifi, a TV with English movie channels and the shower in the bathroom (301) was brand new and exactly what you need after a day walking round Hanoi! Breakfast is basic but good to get you started for the day.

When we checked in someone from reception came into our room by accident and went straight back out again. I called reception to see what was going on and they apologised saying they had gone to the wrong room and were sorry, no harm done.

We went to Halong Bay after Hanoi for 3 days and when we returned to Hanoi we realised thy we had some time to kill before going out to the airport. We wanted to do some last minute shopping but still had our bags, I chanced y luck and went to the hotel to see if they would keep them for a few hours and not only were they happy to oblige but also arranged for a car to take us to the airport!

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I return to Hanoi, 3 star hotel with 5 star service. Also there is a fantastic roof top bar just around the corner at the Tyrant Hotel!

• Stayed June 2013
Hanoi R, Director of Sales at Hanoi Romance, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Kimdublin9,
Warmest greetings from Hanoi Romance Management,
Firstly, thank you so much for your kind review and support our hotel,
We always wish to welcome and serve you again in the coming time,
Secondly, We would like to say Official Apology for our staff's mistake when coming your room by accident. We rechecked and re-investigated carefully and I am pretty sure that there will not repeat it any more.
Hanoi Romance Management!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stay here as a couple from 2nd to 4th June 2013.The first night the room was rather small. The next 2 days the room was bigger.Johhny at the counter was very helpful in helping us to secure a local phone card and fixing the internet card into my phone.The hotel is located in a small side lane of the main Dinh Liet road in the Old Quarters.Travellers are to take note that the lanes in this area of the Old Qtrs are quite narrow and there are lots of motorbikes.Crossing the road is an issue for those used to orderly traffic, traffic lights and central road dividers. There are none here. You just have to be brave and walk slowly and confidently across whenever there is a slight gap and pray that the motorbikes will weaved around you.We did get lost the first night and have to ask our way back. Room was clean and 5 to 10 minutes walk to Hoan Kheam Lake and the puppet show.Breakfast was average. You will to be early as 0630 hrs though as there is less food later.Receptionists are friendly and do speak English.

Room Tip: We stay on the 2nd and 4th floor. No noise.Smallest room is quite cramp.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hanoi R, Director of Sales at Hanoi Romance, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Jude2355,
Firstly, Greetings from Hanoi Romance Hotel Management,
Thank you very much for your kind review and feedback,
I believe that we learned a lot to improve our service better from your review,
And hope we would have chance to welcome you to our hotel again in the near future,
By the way, yes, many tourists said that the traffic in Hanoi is really crazy with many motorbikes. However, I think that It is a remarkable and interesting thing for tourism in Hanoi too,
Many thanks and kind regards,
Hanoi Romance Management!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is my first time been to Vietnam. I has a memories unforgettable journey in Vietnam.
I thoroughly enjoyed stay at Hanoi Romance Hotel. The hotel is gorgeous and the rooms are very charming, clean and extremely comfortable to stay. Staffs was amazing and super friendly, especially Mr.Johnny Quach. He helpful in introducing and guide the way to travel, saved me a lot of time asking around to special attractions and special foods distress.
I would recommend anyone visiting Vietnam to stay here! Fantastic! Awesome!
I'm very enjoyed Vietnam have a fun trip, i love Vietnam so much, thanks you so much Mr.Johnny

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hanoi R, Sales executive at Hanoi Romance, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Mr ReaganLeegan,
Warmest greetings from Ms Thuy - Hanoi Romance Hotel,
Firstly, It was great to get your feedback about our hotel,
Our pleasure to know it and I must say that your review encourage us so much,
Also, I am pretty sure there are many other places for you to travel when you come back Hanoi some day. And I do hope to see you again at Hanoi Romance soon,
Thuy N
Fujisawa, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I booked this hotel based on the many positive reviews and I am here to write yet another. Great location in the heart of the old quarter. The rooms are quiet, comfortable and clean. Free wifi plus a laptop in the room. Ice cold air conditioning. Comfortable bed, cable with several English channels, HOT shower, nicely stocked minibar with reasonable prices, excellent maid service and the coolest and kindest staff you will ever meet. The breakfast is worth waking up for! My sincere thanks to the beautiful people at the Romance for making my stay memorable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hanoi R, Director of Sales at Hanoi Romance, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Taku H,
Greetings from Hanoi Romance Management,
Firstly, Thank you very much for kind reviews and support our hotel,
We always try to make better and better services and hope to have chance to welcome and serve you again soon,
Do look forward to meeting you and your family in the near future,
Thanks a lot and warmest regards,
Hanoi Romance Management
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

A really nice hotel. Good value of money. Great location. It is close to everything and it only takes a small walk to get to Hoan Kiem Lake, Dong Xuan Night Market and other great attractions. Services were excellent and staffs were really friendly and helpful. Especially Ms Thuy - the sale executive, who took some of her time to show me around and took me to many great restaurants. Highly recommend Hanoi Romance Hotel!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back side of the hotel are ideally for you if you prefer quiet areas
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mai N,
Warmest greetings from Hanoi Romance Hotel Management,
Thank you so much for your review about our services,
We believe that our staff will have more motivation in providing better services for guest after this,
We so look forward to seeing you again at our hotel in the coming time,
Kindest regards,
Hanoi Romance Management
Hsinchu, T'ai-wan, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The location is great - in center of Hanoi old quarter. Just need to walk few minutes to other famous destination like Hoan Kiem lake, night market,... The rooms are very clean, charming, the staff is excellent, especially Ms Thu receptionist, Mr Van bellman. They are always willing to assist you anytime. The breakfast is also very nice. The pice is value of money. The next time you go to Hanoi, you must stay in this hotel. Indeed, I can't say enough good things about Hanoi Romance hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear DoraePhuong,
Greetings from Thuy - Hanoi Romance hotel,
Thank you so much for your all your kind feedback about our hotel,
I really appreciate your thought and I believe that it will help us to improve our services better for you and other guests in the future,
Do hope to welcome you again soon,
Thuy Nguyen
cooran queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

we stayed at this hotel at the beginning of our trip & at the end of our trip and both times was excellent...rooms very clean...staff very helpful...especially Johnny, Tsu, Phil & David...location great for old quarter area...handy to everything...we had a fantastic stay at the Hanoi romance hotel...breakfast was good as well.

Room Tip: All rooms were good for us...we had deluxe when we arrived..then superior...then upgraded to a suite...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hanoi R, Sales executive at Hanoi Romance, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Marcia60,
Warmest greetings from Thuy - sale executive of Hanoi Romance hotel,
Good to get your kind review about our hotel,
Thank you very much for your feedback. I believe that our services will be better after this,
And also, I do hope to welcome you again at Hanoi Romance Hotel in the near future,
Thuy

Been to Hanoi Romance? Share your experiences!