“New hotel with an already well earned reputation and ranking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hanoi Serene Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hanoi Serene Hotel to your Saves list
Hanoi Serene Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10c Yen Thai Str.., Old Quarter | Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi 0084, Vietnam   |
Special Offer
FREE PICK UP/ OFF ROOM
Ranked #4 of 490 hotels in Hanoi
Sydney
“New hotel with an already well earned reputation and ranking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Thanks to the efforts of all of the staff at Serene - especially Emily and Alysa - our experience in Hanoi was very enjoyable. The staff are always waiting with a warm welcome and a smile. It seems like nothing is too much trouble. They helped organise our transfers on both of our side trips to Sapa and Halong Bay. I had already booked the train to Sapa online from Australia, so there was no commission in it for them but that did not make any difference. They helped us get to the station, the doorman took us in a Taxi, exchanged our vouchers for tickets, helped carry our luggage to the train and finally saw us safely to our cabin. Fantastic!
This hotel is great value for money. The rooms themselves were very clean, spacious and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

610 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on our transit to Halong Bay. It turned out that the service was better than alot of 5 star hotels! Room was simple but clean and spacious. Location is in a small alley where you need to walk less than a minute to catch a taxi. The concierge and reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Prices were extremely reasonable. Will definitely recommend it to friends and family!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at the Serene hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is small with steps leading off the street up to reception. The staff met us from our taxi and collected our luggage and took it up to our room. We had a welcome drink and cold towel and the receptionist gave us a map and showed us some of the attractions. He also gave us business cards of the hotel so we could show to a taxi driver to get us back safely, this is a good idea due to the lack of english spoken. The staff overall were very friendly and helpful, getting us a travel plug as we had forgotten ours. The room was clean and spacious and breakfast was included. You also get complimentary water x 2 each day, fresh fruit and a bottle of wine. We also went to Hanlong bay overnight and the hotel secured our luggage and looked after it whilst we were away. The room has its own computer and free wifi which had a really good signal. No complaints from us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dunedin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and was very pleased with every aspect of this small hotel. The staff is excellent and they truly make you feel welcome from the very start. The room I had on the 5th floor was quiet, spacious and clean. Great wifi connection or you can use the LAN connection on the PC which is in the room. Excellent cook to order breakfast each morning and the restaurant staff and manager are always ready with a smile and a kind word. I was not feeling well following a trip to halong bay and when the hotel manager noticed she had not seen me all day she called the room and offered to bring me breakfast. I was very grateful for this unexpected act of kindness and it is the staff that makes this hotel something very special. I stayed at two hotels during my visit to Hanoi and both were excellent but when I return to Hanoi I will come back to the Serene. My sincere thanks to the staff and management for making my stay in Hanoi a pleasant one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

After so much extensive research for a hotel via tripadvisor in the planning of my Hanoi trip, I feel that it's time to give back to the community. As there were so many good reviews on so many 2-3 star hotels in Hanoi, it was a really hard decision during my planning stage and finally, we decided on Hanoi Serene Hotel due to the following reasons.

Firstly, it was very new, only opened in Oct 2012. Secondly, they provided a free airport transfer with 3 nights booking (doesn't have to be consecutive). Thirdly, the prices they offered are lower than some of the other more popular hotels and they were also situated on a narrow road which allows you to escape from the bustle of the streets after a tiring day. My Sapa train tickets and Halong Bay tour were also booked with this hotel through Tracy before our trip and the email communication was prompt and professional throughout.

All the staff here were really friendly and never failed to greet us whenever they see us. At no extra charge, we were offered a room to shower in the evening before we took the train to Sapa after check-out, given an early check-in on the morning (ard 6am) when we returned from Sapa and also guided and picked up to and fro the rail station by one of their staff. The hotel transfers we used to and fro the airport were also seamless and as a first time visitor to Hanoi and after reading about numerous scams that happen, the hotel makes me feel that it genuinely cares for the safety and comfort of their guests and I would recommend using this hotel as a base in Hanoi for your other trips.

Thanks to all the staff for making our trip in Hanoi so wonderful and we will definitely stay here should we visit Hanoi again!!=)

PS: The pancakes with bacon and egg during breakfast was my favourite dish. Do give it a try!

Room Tip: Junior and deluxe room seem to look the same, just that junior is located on higher floor and comes...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed at the Serene Hotel for one week. I paid $44 for a superior room and was given a room on the 7th floor.

Staff - 5 Stars - Everyone was cheerful, energetic and helpful. I'd give them 6 stars if possible.
Internet - 5 Stars - Good wifi with strong signal and also a LAN connection
The Room - 4 Stars -
Room size - small but adequate
In room safety box .. but not big enough for my laptop
Very clean
Every day a complementary two bottles of water and fruit (every day different and yummy!)
Wardrobe Closet - very small .. only about 2 feet wide with limited shelf space. Only 4 coat hangers were provided which is not enough
Shower - Water pressure and temperature was good. Shower curtain was too long to fit in the tub .. and water would run on the floor if you put the curtain outside the tub. I'm 177 cm tall and was about 10 cm short of the ceiling .. so maybe a problem if you are much taller than me.
Very quiet location .. no street noise ..
Free Breakfast - Ok, but not fantastic
Location - I was quite satisfied ... within walking distance to all the old city and many restaurants
Value for the cost - 4 Stars ...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights at this great little hotel in Hanoi. The staff were amazing - very helpful and always cheerful. Location is great down a small lane way so noise is not an issue. Room very spacious and clean. Breakfast included was very delicious. Highly recommend to anyone wishing to enjoy the Hanoi Old Quarter. Extremely good value for money

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hanoi Serene Hotel? Share your experiences!